[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][enchilada] Official/Unofficial TWRP touch recovery for OnePlus 6

Search This thread

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
Its not working on OOS 11 ☹

From what I could gather, OnePlus hasn't released the Kernel of OOS 11 for enchilada/fajita, yet. Which is why the TWRP could not be patched to work with OOS 11 so far.
I have been using the official "twrp_3.5.2_9-0-enchilada_installer" for several A11 custom ROM's (A10 firmware) and also for all the A11 OB's (up to OB3).
I'm aware that many had issues with it and ended up with soft brick or crashdump mode, but I never faced any of those issues.
just to put it out there.

Mar 13, 2020
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Features:
  • All function in a normal TWRP
  • Multi-language support
  • USB OTG
  • Decrypt /data
  • Mtp working
  • Fastboot boot works from 10.3.0 also on android Q
  • Android 11 Decryption

Install guide:
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
6. Go in advanced menu
7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
Screenshot-2019-04-04-17-25-43.png

8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
9. Swipe to install

Android 10 TWRP flashing guide without fastboot boot (Much more articulated but perfectly functional):
Please use only magisk 19.4 on Android 10 or the TWRP will not be installed, more details on this post

1. Follow this guide to root your device: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/patched-boot-image-magisk-16-7-beta-t3818853
2. Flash the TWRP installer like a magisk module
3. Flashing the TWRP installer you will lose the root, so you will need to flash magisk again from magisk manager before reboot the device or you can reboot the device and flash magisk in twrp

Old Install guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line (if you want to have it permanently you should flash the installer)
5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again
6. Enjoy it:)

Download:
So little update, after some tests i'm sure there is a compatibility problem between twrp and magisk, i was able to get only one of them, so actually i don't know how to proceed, i need to understand if it is a twrp problem or a magisk problem, TWRP is in stand-by for now.
There are not problems on Android Pie, if you need of the twrp on android Q just flash in boot partition the Q .img (fastboot flash boot twrp.img) and then reboot from fastboot in recovery. Before publishing the twrp I had not tested magisk and twrp together.
On Android 10 use only magisk 19.4
India Fake Partition Deleter by mauronofrio
Official Builds

TWRP 3.4.0-11 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-11 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-1 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-1 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
Others/Olders Builds:

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_enchilada

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
@eng.stk
@joemossjr
@Dees_Troy

Created 2018-10-31

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Features:
  • All function in a normal TWRP
  • Multi-language support
  • USB OTG
  • Decrypt /data
  • Mtp working
  • Fastboot boot works from 10.3.0 also on android Q
  • Android 11 Decryption

Install guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
6. Go in advanced menu
7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
Screenshot-2019-04-04-17-25-43.png

8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
9. Swipe to install

Android 10 TWRP flashing guide without fastboot boot (Much more articulated but perfectly functional):
Please use only magisk 19.4 on Android 10 or the TWRP will not be installed, more details on this post

1. Follow this guide to root your device: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/patched-boot-image-magisk-16-7-beta-t3818853
2. Flash the TWRP installer like a magisk module
3. Flashing the TWRP installer you will lose the root, so you will need to flash magisk again from magisk manager before reboot the device or you can reboot the device and flash magisk in twrp

Old Install guide:
2. Enter fastboot mode
4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line (if you want to have it permanently you should flash the installer)
5. If you will flash the installer and you are stock you need also to flash magisk or your phone will not boot again
6. Enjoy it:)

Download:
So little update, after some tests i'm sure there is a compatibility problem between twrp and magisk, i was able to get only one of them, so actually i don't know how to proceed, i need to understand if it is a twrp problem or a magisk problem, TWRP is in stand-by for now.
There are not problems on Android Pie, if you need of the twrp on android Q just flash in boot partition the Q .img (fastboot flash boot twrp.img) and then reboot from fastboot in recovery. Before publishing the twrp I had not tested magisk and twrp together.
On Android 10 use only magisk 19.4
India Fake Partition Deleter by mauronofrio
Official Builds

TWRP 3.4.0-11 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-11 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-1 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-1 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-18 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-17 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Pie Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-16 Installer Unofficial by mauronofrio
Others/Olders Builds:

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_enchilada

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
@eng.stk
@joemossjr
@Dees_Troy

Created 2018-10-31
Near the top it says "Android 11 Decryption" does that mean on oos 11 stable I can will finally be able to decrypt in twrp. If not is there a twrp zip that will? thanks

I updated one OP6 from 10.3.12 to 11.1.1.1 using twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-mauronofrio. The phone was using "Pattern" as screen lock. After updating I was able to enter twrp-3.3.1-18 and decrypt.

After that I updated another OP6 that was using "pin" as screen lock. After upgrading it went into a boot loop.
I had backups, so I formatted system and data and tried a clean flash. It booted. But I couldn't decrypt in twrp-3.3.1-18. So I tried booting twrp-3.4.0-11-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio, but got "crash_dump".
So I booted back into OS11 and changed from "Pin" to "Pattern". After that I was able to decrypt in twrp-3.3.1-18.
I then flashed twrp-3.4.0-11 and was able to decrypt with that as well. I then flashed Magisk23 and it works.

Last edited:

linzoid

Jul 29, 2012
The Abyss
So, just to be absolutely clear, as at 10 October, we can't install twrp via the usual method in A11.1.1.1 stable - correct?
We wait for a new version of twrp?

Last edited:

Drakinite

Jan 19, 2019
So, just to be absolutely clear, as at 10 October, we can't install twrp via the usual method in A11.1.1.1 stable - correct?
We wait for a new version of twrp?
I believe so. When I attempt to boot twrp-3.4.0-11-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img (as of now most recent), I get a Qualcomm crashdump screen:
Code:
QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b
                                               complete_and_exit

HOWEVER:
If you're just looking to root your device in the meantime, before a working version of TWRP is released, there's another way I discovered today.

Follow the instructions in this comment: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-root-oneplus-nord.4139411/page-11#post-84858219
but instead of using a Nord build, use the appropriate OxygenOS build that you currently have installed. (At the time of writing, the most recent version released to OP6 is 11.1.1, which you can find here: https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6-6t-oxygenos-11-1-1-1/

If you don't have Magisk installed, you can get it here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Reactions: linzoid

marlontravagli

Jul 15, 2013
I updated one OP6 from 10.3.12 to 11.1.1.1 using twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-mauronofrio. The phone was using "Pattern" as screen lock. After updating I was able to enter twrp-3.3.1-18 and decrypt.

After that I updated another OP6 that was using "pin" as screen lock. After upgrading it went into a boot loop.
I had backups, so I formatted system and data and tried a clean flash. It booted. But I couldn't decrypt in twrp-3.3.1-18. So I tried booting twrp-3.4.0-11-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio, but got "crash_dump".
So I booted back into OS11 and changed from "Pin" to "Pattern". After that I was able to decrypt in twrp-3.3.1-18.
I then flashed twrp-3.4.0-11 and was able to decrypt with that as well. I then flashed Magisk23 and it works.
After update to 3.4.0-11, pin works on TWRP? I changed pattern to pin, but got error to decrypt with 3.3.1-18, so I changed again to pattern.

Top Liked Posts