[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

MichelFreri

Sep 23, 2013
Hi everyone. I managed to unlock the bootloader but I can't install the recovery. After typing the string: fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-32-fajita-Pie-mauronofrio.img the phone hangs in a black screen with the word fastboot mode.

PattayaGlock

Feb 6, 2019
After spending 2 days trying to get my phone back p and runninng it turns out "the latest version" of TWRP is buggy and not working!!! All the guides say "get the latest version". I went back about 3 versions and had my phone up an running in 30 minutes!!!!! just accidentally stumbled across a post in a Xiomi forum that suggested TWRP version was the issue.

Banged my head on the desk and questioned 5 yrs of higher learning for 2 days!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

After spending 2 days trying to get my phone back p and runninng it turns out "the latest version" of TWRP is buggy and not working!!! All the guides say "get the latest version". I went back about 3 versions and had my phone up an running in 30 minutes!!!!! just accidentally stumbled across a post in a Xiomi forum that suggested TWRP version was the issue.

Banged my head on the desk and questioned 5 yrs of higher learning for 2 days!!!!

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

What? Xiaomi forum for oneplus 6t twrp?

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
Hello @mauronofrio,

I have a small suggestion for TWRP recovery

Could you add a :
* "reboot to recovery" button next to "reboot to system" button that is available when a zip is finished flashing...
* "reboot to recovery" checkbox option in zip flashing "activity" (like the reboot to system one)

I ask because since A/B phones we need to reboot to recovery (opengapps, magisk) as often as we need reboot to system after flashing a zip :) !

Regards and thanks for TWRP for Fajita

Maybe i will discuss about this in the TWRP group
@mauronofrio have you been able to discuss this proposal in the TWRP group ? What did they think about it ?

Reactions: schorsch.funke

PattayaGlock

Feb 6, 2019
OP Senior Member
4,037 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattayaGlock

What? Xiaomi forum for oneplus 6t twrp?"

Nope, found the solution I needed in a Xiaomi forum and applied it to my 6T.

Knifa

Feb 10, 2009
Has anyone managed to successfully restore a backup using the Q TWRP? With a clean fresh install of everything, generating then restoring a backup gives me the ol' error 255. I don't have the user 999 thing going on.

==> extracting: /data//misc_ce/0/ (mode 41771, directory)
Cannot find key for 0
error looking up proper e4crypt policy for '/data//misc_ce/0/' - 1CE0
tar_extract_file(): failed to extract /data//misc_ce/0/ !!!
I:Unable to extract tar archive '/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/4bb5da33/2020-05-09--10-17-22_lineage_fajita-userdebug_10_QQ2A200405005_e/data.ext4.win'

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Has anyone managed to successfully restore a backup using the Q TWRP? With a clean fresh install of everything, generating then restoring a backup gives me the ol' error 255. I don't have the user 999 thing going on.

It seems backup and restore works as long as you don't have a lockscreen set.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

It seems backup and restore works as long as you don't have a lockscreen set.

Nevermind, seems it was just luck. Can't figure out what made it restore that time and not others. :(

Last edited:
Reserve Image

I've seen more than a few posts about the content of the reserve image being lost, or not present in the first place (broken fonts, missing wallpapers, etc). There is a Magisk module floating around that can quick fix this, so I am assuming there are more than a few people out there that have this problem. I got irritated (bored?) enough to finally go to bat with it. Hopefully this comes in handy, I have not seen the 2nd part of this solution posted anywhere else.

There is some interaction between a TWRP data partition wipe, and the content of the reserve image going away. If you do a data wipe from the stock recovery, this content is not lost. If you do a data wipe from TWRP, this content is lost. In both cases, the reserve image itself remains present at /data/reserve.img. If you do a data wipe from TWRP and loose the content, doing another data wipe from the stock recovery does NOT bring this content back.

The only way I could manage to restore the content was to dirty flash the stock ROM zip from https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/oneplus-6t-global-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t3865396. I found it easier to dirty flash from TWRP, though it may very well work if you dirty flash it from stock recovery. You do NOT need to factory reset to fix anything that I ran into.

I'm guessing whatever changes are restored by following this process could be integrated into, or excluded from, the TWRP data wipe routine. I'm also guessing they could likely be integrated into a script to make this whole process simpler. If anyone wants to pick this up and do that, please do. I'm bowing out at this point, my phone is fixed, hehe. To the good stuff:

---------------------

There was a factory reset queued in one of my slots from when I first setup this phone. During a reboot from that slot with stock recovery installed for testing, it proceeded to do a full factory reset that I did not expect or plan for. Everything on the phone was wiped. I had current backups synced to another device, luckily.

- Make sure you are on the latest TWRP from https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...overy-unofficial-twrp-touch-recovery-t3861482
- If you use the reserve image Magisk module, remove it
- Don't be that guy, backup your stuff, copy the backup OFF of your phone
- Download the full update ZIP for your current build from the URL above
- Copy full update ZIP + latest TWRP img to phone
- Boot phone into TWRP
- Install full update ZIP
- Advanced -> Install Recovery Ramdisk -> TWRP img file (this (re)installs TWRP to both slots)
- If you run a custom kernel / Magisk:
----- Reboot -> Recovery (TWRP again)
----- Install custom kernel
----- Install Magisk
- If you DON'T run a custom kernel / Magisk:
----- Reboot -> System

At this point you should have the additional wallpapers / apps / etc. restored, and all of your data should be intact. If not, rinse and repeat. It may be helpful to (re)flash the stock full update ZIP to both slots. By the time I made it this far, that was the state my phone was in, but I highly doubt it's necessary.

All is not well, however. The stock Recorder app, which is important if you want to use the integrated call recording feature, does not work. Every time you open it, it will complain about missing permissions. It will have the storage permission twice, if you allow one it will allow the other, and every time you open the permissions screen you will see the 2x storage entries refresh and swap places. Fun, right? This happens when the Recorder app is not present the very first time Android boots. When you drop in the Recorder app after the fact, this is where you end up. Clearing app permissions using any of the GUI methods does not fix it, even though it should. Thankfully Android is very modular in nature...

After you do the steps below, every single app on your device will re-request, once, every single permission it wants. Annoying, yes. More annoying than a factory reset, starting completely over and having to grant all of these permissions again on top of everything else anyhow? Nope, not even a little.

- Boot into TWRP
- Advanced -> File Manager
- Rename the following file: /data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml
- Reboot -> System

Android will now rebuild the entire runtime-permissions.xml file, correctly this time. Opening the recorder app will request the correct permissions, and you can actually grant them now.

Good things happen in quarantine. Without it, I would never have had time to figure this out, let alone document it :p Have fun, hopefully this helps a few people out. I love you!

Last edited:

cwtechshiz

Aug 18, 2016
TWRP not installing after flashing latest OTA update. Can boot the img file from fastboot with no issues but no matter what install method i do, booting to recovery partition just returns me to fastboot mode. I have reflashed my update and managed to get the stock recovery to boot. Have repeated the process serveral times using recovery ramdisk method and flashing the installer separately. Even tried previous twrp installer i had used before trying to update to the lastest oxygenos.

i am on the tmobile variant of the oneplus 6t and flashed to the international(non branded) oos10 awhile back, with twrp and magisk installed. had no issues during the last ota update.

silverdrake11

Jun 5, 2013
I am on oxygenos 10.3.3 and the official TeamWin builds which are currently twrp-installer-fajita-3.2.3-2.zip twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img

Neither the boot img (using fastboot) or the zip installs. So what I did was try the latest boot image in this thread for Android Q which was version 32. That did work and I got into the temporary TWRP recovery. There I first tried flashing the official build, then recovery did not work, it would take me back to fastboot like others have mentioned. So then I tried the latest zip posted in this forum, and same thing no recovery.

henningsieh

Jun 21, 2017
Frankfurt am Main
henningsieh.de
I am on oxygenos 10.3.3 and the official TeamWin builds which are currently twrp-installer-fajita-3.2.3-2.zip twrp-3.3.1-1-fajita.img

Neither the boot img (using fastboot) or the zip installs. So what I did was try the latest boot image in this thread for Android Q which was version 32. That did work and I got into the temporary TWRP recovery. There I first tried flashing the official build, then recovery did not work, it would take me back to fastboot like others have mentioned. So then I tried the latest zip posted in this forum, and same thing no recovery.

You should only use the v-32 files of the unified installer zip and/or the Q specific img from OP here, perhaps follow the install process step by step from scratch.

TENlll423

Mar 23, 2018
Baltimore
OnePlus 8 Pro
I updated to 10.3.4 with no issues.. I used the simple TWRP method...I uninstalled substratum overlays before booting to recovery I didn't even have to disable modules..
Modules I use are.....
*Substratum.....
*OOS launcher w/left enabled...
*BusyBox NDK...

Reactions: thomasnsr
I updated to 10.3.4 with no issues.. I used the simple TWRP method...I uninstalled substratum overlays before booting to recovery I didn't even have to disable modules..
Modules I use are.....
*Substratum.....
*OOS launcher w/left enabled...
*BusyBox NDK...

I never disable Substratum overlays or Magisk modules and updates are always flawless for me with -32 TWRP.

Modules I use are:
Viper4Android
Audio Compatibility Patch
Audio Modification Library
Busybox NDK
Move certificates (for Adguard)
JoyPixels
Substratum

Overlays I use are:
Aether (for changing 4G to LTE on the status bar icon)
Ice (to change the Android Accent because it's not the same as the OOS accent, no idea why, and without it some screens have the horrible Teal accent)

I even do some manual debloating of Google apps I don't use via the TWRP File Manager, flash the India Fake Partition zip and use Omega Kernel.

I also always flash the new version to both slots.

Again, I never disable anything and everything just goes flawlessly and when I finally boot the system I have the new version with everything working as before.

:good:

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

Koushik87

Nov 3, 2014
Kolkata
@mauronofrio...i recently updated to oos 10.3.4. It has a new feature to enable work/life profile but is only available in India. Since i am using your fake partition deleter zip after flashing twrp v 32 to get rid of the cloud services, it seems it's also removes the work/life feature as well. So i am guessing the feature is not integrated to os and it might be part of the same India partition. Is there any way to only remove cloud service but keep d work/life feature.l??

Top Liked Posts