[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

jalle007

Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys, I (really) need your help.
I'm not sure what I did wrong.

What I did is this:
1. Unlock your bootloader - DONE
2. Continue to install LuisROM
2. "TWRP update installation (manual):" . followed these instructions
Maybe I should do first "First time installation:" ?

I can no longer get into TWRP
The only option I see is Recovery mode -> ADB sideload. From there i can connect to PC
2020-05-29_100944.png

2020-05-29_101108.png

What should I do? How at least to get TWRP back ?

Koushik87

Nov 3, 2014
Kolkata

What I did is this:

The only option I see is Recovery mode -> ADB sideload. From there i can connect to PC

Did u already have TWRP before or flashed it for first time?
R you coming from Stock OOS or different custom rom?
Hope you are intstalling custom rom into both the slots.
If u r able to get into fastboot u can again flash the TWRP image through adb commands.

Reactions: thomasnsr

BesoC

Dec 29, 2007
Tbilisi

What I did is this:

2020-05-29_100944.png

2020-05-29_101108.png

1. Flash TWRP from ADB, reboot to recovery
2. Make sure that the latest OOS is installed on both slots. If you are on slot A, flash OOS and TWRP installer as batch, reboot to recovery and you will be on slot B, flash both again, reboot to recovery and you're back on slot A
3. You are now ready to follow the installation instructions of your ROM

Last edited:

jalle007

Jan 2, 2013
Did u already have TWRP before or flashed it for first time?..
1. Flash TWRP from ADB, reboot to recovery

Really appreciate your response.

I used to have OnePlus 5, and RR install went quite smooth.
Now I am not familiar with concepts of A/B slots. Are they just partitions ?
I know I need to get TWRP working to be able to install LuisROM

But this is what i have now.
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYhUbUpvWd

If you have some spare time I would give you Teamviewer access in order to help me with this issue. My skype ID : jaskotr1

Last edited:

BesoC

Dec 29, 2007
Tbilisi
You are in recovery mode, but trying to use fastboot command. It will not work. Phone needs to be in fastboot mode first. Enter commands in following order:
  1. adb devices (make sure that your pc detects the phone)
  2. adb reboot fastboot (phone should reboot to fastboot)
  3. fastboot devices (make sure your pc detects the phone in fastboot mode)
  4. fastboot flash recovery .....

Please also note that running 'fastboot flash recovery...' command only runs twrp. You will need to install twrp by flashing twrp installer after you flash your ROM as described in my first answer.

EDIT: Just noticed - LuisROM is Pie (Android 9). However, in your video you are using TWRP for Q (Android 10). You need to use the correct version of TWRP.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2013
Hello everyone,

Coming from stock and first time tried rooting this device so i tried following the instructions in this post. Unfortunately, it seems like my device is now stuck at the "Press power key to pause boot" screen. I can go back to the stock recovery using the hard reset pushing all 3 buttons but thats it. Now i just want to go back to the stock oneplus 6t i had a couple hours ago :( . Could someone please help me in getting back to stock from this awful situation? Any help is greatly appreciated

Koushik87

Nov 3, 2014
Kolkata
Really appreciate your response.

I used to have OnePlus 5, and RR install went quite smooth.
Now I am not familiar with concepts of A/B slots. Are they just partitions ?
I know I need to get TWRP working to be able to install LuisROM

But this is what i have now.
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYhUbUpvWd

If you have some spare time I would give you Teamviewer access in order to help me with this issue. My skype ID : jaskotr1
Please check the reply from Besoc. He have already provided the instructions in depth. First thing to choose is correct version of TWRP image based on ur ROM android P/Q. Once you hve the correct image follow the steps from Besoc.

I never disable Substratum overlays or Magisk modules and updates are always flawless for me with -32 TWRP.

Modules I use are:
Viper4Android
Audio Compatibility Patch
Audio Modification Library
Busybox NDK
Move certificates (for Adguard)
JoyPixels
Substratum

Overlays I use are:
Aether (for changing 4G to LTE on the status bar icon)
Ice (to change the Android Accent because it's not the same as the OOS accent, no idea why, and without it some screens have the horrible Teal accent)

I even do some manual debloating of Google apps I don't use via the TWRP File Manager, flash the India Fake Partition zip and use Omega Kernel.

I also always flash the new version to both slots.

Again, I never disable anything and everything just goes flawlessly and when I finally boot the system I have the new version with everything working as before.

:good:

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs
Hey, sorry for the offtopic, can you please give link regarding that Ice overlay or a screenshot perhaps? I've been missing out on Substratum ever since I started using OOS on 3T. Now I'm thinking to get back in the substratum game again :cowboy:

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller6T using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkSJ1998
Reactions: rippledrums

just4sc

Dec 25, 2010
I tried looking in the 255 error thread but couldn't find a solution and was thinking maybe it has something to do with the -32 version of TWRP. I was able to backup ok however I found out later that I had forgotten to remove my security pattern prior to backup. Don't know if that's the issue but upon doing a restore I'm getting the dreaded 255 error. I also forgot to run magisk uninstall and don't know if that's the issue too (yeah, not a good idea to be working on stuff like this in the middle of the night and lacking sleep).

I haven't rebooted yet fearing I won't be able to get in.

I have since tried running the magisk uninstall (gave me an error - didn't write it down and now I can't see it anymore).

Tried installing magisk again (installed ok).

Install 10.3.4 ROM and that went ok.

Still not rebooted - thinking the install of 1.0.3.4 might have solved my problem I reinstalled TWRP -32 and then tried restoring my backup again. Of course I still have the 255 error.

I hoping someone has gone down my path or have some advise so that I can restore my backup.

Again, I still haven't rebooted yet so maybe that's my issue?

Edit: So, I rebooted and it gives me a crash dump. I can get into TWRP still but tried flashing the full 10.3.4 rom and it completes but it just goes into the crash dump again. I noticed while looking at Filemanager in TWRP all the filenames in storage are jumbled. Does that mean the encryption is messed up and I am hosed? I've tried searching but there's just so much information I'm a bit tired and am hoping someone point me to the right direction and maybe let me know if I can still recover. Thanks!

Last edited:

AquariumVitae

Jan 9, 2017
I've tried searching but there's just so much information I'm a bit tired and am hoping someone point me to the right direction and maybe let me know if I can still recover. Thanks!

On github a fix for that problem was announced for the next official TWRP release.

But if it will fix existing backups? From what I read, it will not, but then again I am not a programmer of that sort.

I didn't have they problem yet when restoring, but if I had, I would unpack the corresponding tar files for /data from TWRP backup and look for suspicious files with uid/gid or encrypted. Then, repack and `adb push` it to the device.

BTW, if you skip restore for /data, everything else might work

nitheeshas

Apr 22, 2013
Trivandrum
I have TWRP and magisk installed in my device. I wanted to unroot the device to check an issue with an app. However, after I uninstalled magisk from manager, the device always boots to TWRP. Doesn't even show the OnePlus boot animation. I was able to boot back to OOS only after flashing magisk back through TWRP. Did the boot image backup get messed up? How can I unroot my device temporarily?

Using Android Q, by the way.

Also, what does "Fix recovery bootloop" in TWRP>advanced do? Can I try it in my case? I don't want to mess up my data by performing unwanted steps, hence asking.

Last edited:

baggord

May 19, 2014
İstanbul
Hi everyone, I need help.

* bootloader unlocked.
* It doesn't boot. I've tried to flash a custom rom over stock oos after factory reset.
* I was on 10.3.3 OOS.
* Now, I can go into recovery via "fastboot boot twrp.img"
* TWRP doesn't ask for password and data is encrpyted. I've tried official one, bluspark's zip and none of them even boot twrp.
* This one boots yet the data is encrypted. I've tried "twrp decrypt 'password'" via twrp terminal. no luck.

I'm trying to decrypt and recover the data. Any help is appreciated.

Hi everyone, I need help.

* bootloader unlocked.
* It doesn't boot. I've tried to flash a custom rom over stock oos after factory reset.
* I was on 10.3.3 OOS.
* Now, I can go into recovery via "fastboot boot twrp.img"
* TWRP doesn't ask for password and data is encrpyted. I've tried official one, bluspark's zip and none of them even boot twrp.
* This one boots yet the data is encrypted. I've tried "twrp decrypt 'password'" via twrp terminal. no luck.

I'm trying to decrypt and recover the data. Any help is appreciated.
Flash OOS 10.3.3 again from TWRP & nothing else, it should boot up. And after one boot into the OS, you'll be able to decrypt /data in TWRP.

baggord

May 19, 2014
İstanbul
Flash OOS 10.3.3 again from TWRP & nothing else, it should boot up. And after one boot into the OS, you'll be able to decrypt /data in TWRP.

Well, the problem is I can't see the /data partition since it's encrypted. So, I can't flash OOS from TWRP. I am asking if there is a way to decrypt/save the data without formating it.

Gensus

May 6, 2014
connect the drive and flash it

---------- Post added at 08:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Well, the problem is I can't see the /data partition since it's encrypted. So, I can't flash OOS from TWRP. I am asking if there is a way to decrypt/save the data without formating it.
Sew with the help of the drive, reset the firmware on it, connect and flash

twrp recovery
You can flash the firmware through a local update, the data will be saved, but the recovery must be set on a new one.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts