[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

AndyBury

Nov 10, 2010
Essex.
OnePlus 8
Reactions: erzherzog

tom1807

Sep 30, 2007
Taiwan
Can I just make a simple update from 3.3.1-32 by the zip file or still have to boot the recovery image first.
I am asking, giving the current changelog that this is a major update, whether a zip update is enough.

Cheers
Tom

Can I just make a simple update from 3.3.1-32 by the zip file or still have to boot the recovery image first.
I am asking, giving the current changelog that this is a major update, whether a zip update is enough.

Cheers
Tom
Yes you can. It's how I did it. Just flash the zip and then Magisk and your custom kernel if you use one and you're good to go. :)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

Garrett_PL

Sep 18, 2014
Installed "TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio" as a module in Magisk (newes ver. 20.4), both current and inactive slots. And after reboot I'm stuck with TWRP with files encrypted. Any ideas what to do next to avoid losing data please?

I tough side loading Magisk will help, but it's the same - TWRP with files being encrypted.

Before upgrading to 3.4.0.0 I was on stock 10.3.4 with previous ver. of TWRP without any issues apart from usual (backup/restore)

Installed "TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio" as a module in Magisk (newes ver. 20.4), both current and inactive slots. And after reboot I'm stuck with TWRP with files encrypted. Any ideas what to do next to avoid losing data please?

I tough side loading Magisk will help, but it's the same - TWRP with files being encrypted.

Before upgrading to 3.4.0.0 I was on stock 10.3.4 with previous ver. of TWRP without any issues apart from usual (backup/restore)
After sideloading Magisk, are you able to boot? If yes, then TWRP would be able to decrypt after a successful boot into the OS. If you're still unable to boot up, I'd suggest re-flashing OOS 10.3.4 zip, followed by TWRP installer & rebooting back to TWRP (for changing slot), then again sideload Magisk zip.

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller6T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Garrett_PL

Garrett_PL

Sep 18, 2014
After sideloading Magisk, are you able to boot? If yes, then TWRP would be able to decrypt after a successful boot into the OS. If you're still unable to boot up, I'd suggest re-flashing OOS 10.3.4 zip, followed by TWRP installer & rebooting back to TWRP (for changing slot), then again sideload Magisk zip.

I'm still stuck in TWRP with data encrypted, but really don't want to start fresh because of data - that's what I'm after. Any other way to try get out of this situation without loosing data?

Edit: I was on the slot A with TWRP, so I'm assuming it was booting with slot B. I manually changed slots, and it booted fine. What can I do (after moving my stuff to safe location of course) to keep it running fine from both slots?

Last edited:
I'm still stuck in TWRP with data encrypted, but really don't want to start fresh because of data - that's what I'm after. Any other way to try get out of this situation without loosing data?

Edit: I was on the slot A with TWRP, so I'm assuming it was booting with slot B. I manually changed slots, and it booted fine. What can I do (after moving my stuff to safe location of course) to keep it running fine from both slots?

Do a Local Upgrade of OOS 10.3.4 again (Settings > System > System Updates > Settings icon on top right). This will flash OOS to inactive slot, ie, slot A in your case. Then flash TWRP installer from Magisk Manager's Modules section, and then "Install to inactive slot (after OTA)" from Magisk Manager's main screen. You should be able to fix the other slot in this way ;)

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller3T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Garrett_PL

Garrett_PL

Sep 18, 2014
Do a Local Upgrade of OOS 10.3.4 again (Settings > System > System Updates > Settings icon on top right). This will flash OOS to inactive slot, ie, slot A in your case. Then flash TWRP installer from Magisk Manager's Modules section, and then "Install to inactive slot (after OTA)" from Magisk Manager's main screen. You should be able to fix the other slot in this way ;)

That's what I'll do. The thing is, that will be exactly same steps (without Local Upgrade) I did the first time. Can I go with older ver. TWRP - the one that was working fine for me?

That's what I'll do. The thing is, that will be exactly same steps (without Local Upgrade) I did the first time. Can I go with older ver. TWRP - the one that was working fine for me?
Yeah if you feel so, you can. You can still update to 3.4.0-0 later on ;)

Here's what I did to update from 3.3.1-32 to 3.4.0-0:

Boot into TWRP & select Install.
Then located to the directory where the *.img file was and flashed it with "Install Recovery Ramdisk" turned on, rebooted back into recovery & flashed Magisk again.

Garrett_PL

Sep 18, 2014
Yeah if you feel so, you can. You can still update to 3.4.0-0 later on ;)

Here's what I did to update from 3.3.1-32 to 3.4.0-0:

Boot into TWRP & select Install.
Then located to the directory where the *.img file was and flashed it with "Install Recovery Ramdisk" turned on, rebooted back into recovery & flashed Magisk again.

Sound, did You changed the slots manually then in TWRP for flashing Magisk? As with "Install Recovery Ramdisc" You don't have to do it, if I'm thinking right?

Thanks for Your assistance ;)

rageyoudown

Dec 14, 2013
After updating to TWRP 3.4, I get an error when trying to flash OOS 10.3.4 to both slots without rebooting.

My steps on TWRP 3.3.1-32 were starting from freshly wiped A/B slots:
Flash OOS 10.3.4 to slot A
Switch to slot B
Flash OOS 10.3.4 to slot B
Flash Custom ROM to slot B
Switch to slot A
Flash Custom ROM to slot A
Flash TWRP installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash Gapps (If needed)
Wipe Cache/Data
Reboot to System to setup ROM
Reboot to recovery to flash Magisk

EDIT: After playing around with TWRP 3.4, I found these steps to work (freshly wiped A/B slots):
Flash OOS 10.3.4 which installs to your inactive slot
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery which reboots you to the slot you just installed OOS to
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash Custom ROM which installs to your inactive slot
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery which reboots you to the slot you just installed Custom ROM to
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash Gapps (If needed)
Wipe Cache/Data
Reboot to the system to setup ROM

As you can see the process is more extended with the newer version of TWRP 3.4
Would there be any way to implement TWRP to flash both slots simultaneously for ROM zips, Possibly by adding a checkable option to do this, so you don't mess up standard zip files?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo.x
Sound, did You changed the slots manually then in TWRP for flashing Magisk? As with "Install Recovery Ramdisc" You don't have to do it, if I'm thinking right?

Thanks for Your assistance ;)
I gave a reboot before flashing Magisk, just to boot into the new TWRP ;)

I don't really know what the Slot buttons in TWRP do or should we prefer them or not, actually I've never seen them mentioned in any guide for A/B devices.

As for "Install Recovery Ramdisk", what it does is patches the boot with the newer TWRP, so it removes root in this process. No slot change occurs here.
After updating to TWRP 3.4, I get an error when trying to flash OOS 10.3.4 to both slots without rebooting.

My steps on TWRP 3.3.1-32 were starting from freshly wiped A/B slots:
Flash OOS 10.3.4 to slot A
Switch to slot B
Flash OOS 10.3.4 to slot B
Flash Custom ROM to slot B
Switch to slot A
Flash Custom ROM to slot A
Flash TWRP installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash Gapps (If needed)
Wipe Cache/Data
Reboot to System to setup ROM

EDIT: After playing around with TWRP 3.4, I found these steps to work (freshly wiped A/B slots):
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery which reboots you to the slot you just installed OOS to
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery which reboots you to the slot you just installed Custom ROM to
Flash TWRP 3.4 installer
Reboot to recovery
Flash Gapps (If needed)
Wipe Cache/Data
Reboot to the system to setup ROM

As you can see the process is more extended with the newer version of TWRP 3.4
Would there be any way to implement TWRP to flash both slots simultaneously for ROM zips, Possibly by adding a checkable option to do this, so you don't mess up standard zip files?
AFAIK, the slot switching process hasn't changed with 3.4.0-0, it always flashed it to the inactive slot on A/B devices.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone