[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
With TWRP 3.5.0-9 my twrp backup fails. All the new TWRP updates after 3.4.0-0 suck, is there something I'm doing wrong? I just back up data and boot the trying to restore those. But they don't work

Feb 11, 2016
Boot in twrp
Uninstall magisk
Install update
Install twrp
Reboot to twrp
Install magisk zip
Further to this:

1. Uninstall Magisk.
2. Install update.
3. Install TWRP
4. Reboot to TWRP.
4a. Make sure you have renamed Magisk to 'magisk,.zip' (as there is no seperate '.zip' file anymore)
5. Install Magisk.zip file

Is that correct?

Reactions: Fil76
Jun 9, 2019
So I made a backup of my own build of LineageOS 17.1 using version 3.3.1-32. I backed up System Image, Vendor Image, Data (excl. storage) and Boot. I'm trying to restore it now, but when recovering the data, I get this lovely 255 error.

Screenshot_1972-04-24-07-57-55.png

I would like to lookup the restore log, but I can't find it anywhere. The restore.log included in my backup folder, only includes the log from when the backup was created. Am I looking in the right place?

When messing around trying a different recovery version, wiping some partitions, installing another ROM (as you can see I barely have a grasp of what I'm doing here), I magically got it to restore without errors once, but then when I tried to boot into the system it would just loop to the recovery.

Possibly important info: I've had Shelter installed (it uses the work profile), but I uninstalled it before making the backup (because last time it wouldn't let me backup with it installed). Since it was no longer installed during backup, I suppose it shouldn't matter when restoring, unless it leaves some traces that I don't know of.

Anyone that can maybe give me some pointers on how to get the system back in its original state?

Last edited:

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
... I'm trying to restore it now, but when recovering the data, I get this lovely 255 error.

View attachment 5281331

Anyone that can maybe give me some pointers on how to get the system back in its original state?
Not sure if this helps but I get that error if I attempt to restore after formatting data partition. If I format data, I need to let the phone boot completely first before restoring data backup.

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    the Gulf Coast
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    So I made a backup of my own build of LineageOS 17.1 using version 3.3.1-32. I backed up System Image, Vendor Image, Data (excl. storage) and Boot. I'm trying to restore it now, but when recovering the data, I get this lovely 255 error.

View attachment 5281331

I would like to lookup the restore log, but I can't find it anywhere. The restore.log included in my backup folder, only includes the log from when the backup was created. Am I looking in the right place?

When messing around trying a different recovery version, wiping some partitions, installing another ROM (as you can see I barely have a grasp of what I'm doing here), I magically got it to restore without errors once, but then when I tried to boot into the system it would just loop to the recovery.

Possibly important info: I've had Shelter installed (it uses the work profile), but I uninstalled it before making the backup (because last time it wouldn't let me backup with it installed). Since it was no longer installed during backup, I suppose it shouldn't matter when restoring, unless it leaves some traces that I don't know of.

Try TWRP v3.5.2-9 or something close. And try backing up data, system and boot and restoring those three partitions. Worked for me the other day. Remember your recovery is in your boot partition now ever since A/B partitioning has been on the scene. Whatever you back up in your setup, whatever recovery you have installed at that time is then restored when restoring your boot partition. To save room and time I just backup data partition then if and when I restore I clean install OOS, and whatever rom, format data..flash magisk, reboot, set up my Gmail account then boot back to TWRP and restore data partition and reboot system.

OP6Tuser

May 4, 2021
    I just got a 6T and heard that I need an older TWRP version if I want to root with Magisk V22.1 or else it will cause issues on my phone like losing wifi. Is this true? Which version should I use?

plepew

• Nov 5, 2016
    It is the unlocked version with 2 sim slots
    Att: make sure which version of the 6T you have before proceeding. They are 2 versions, International 2 active SIM slots & the T-Mobile which is 1 Active SIM slot.

I'm using the International Version (2 active working SIMs), which I got directly from OnePlus when the device came out, I'm am rooted, using Magisk 22.1 and using TWRP 3.4.0-11 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio and my device is running perfectly!! ☺️
    Installation Instructions, all files needed can be found on the first page of this thread. Please review in details and follow the instructions carefully.

The reason for using this version, is because it is maintain expressly for the 6T by Mauronofrio to whom we are eternally grateful!! 🙏🏼

Good luck mate!! ✌️

OP6Tuser

May 4, 2021
    In the install guide, it says to copy the .img file into phone memory and install it to recovery ramdisk. Do we no longer need the .zip file to have TWRP permanently installed as the recovery? Or should the .img file be the .zip file?

Sorry, I am brand new to all this.

Install guide:
    1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    2. Enter fastboot mode
    3. Unlock your bootloader
    4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
    5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
    6. Go in advanced menu
    7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
    8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
    9. Swipe to install

Last edited:

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
    St Paul, AZ
    In the install guide, it says to copy the .img file into phone memory and install it to recovery ramdisk. Do we no longer need the .zip file to have TWRP permanently installed as the recovery? Or should the .img file be the .zip file?

Install guide:
    1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    2. Enter fastboot mode
    3. Unlock your bootloader
    4. Run "fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img" in command line
    5. Copy the recoveryimgfilename.img in the phone memory
    6. Go in advanced menu
    7. Click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk"
    8. Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img
    9. Swipe to install
    You can install either using a zip file OR install an .img file per the instructions. Either will install TWRP onto your device.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone