• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ
i did the same and no issues either
Here's working TWRP on OOS 11 hotfix (latest)

Rooted boot image with TWRP included. If you are already rooted with Magisk, you can just flash this through FK Kernel manager, then reboot into recovery just to be sure it worked. There's no reason it shouldn't, my only suggestion would be to change your lock screen to a pin number first or just remove it.

Attachments

• TWRProotedBoot.img
    64 MB · Views: 69

mugendai

May 19, 2009
Here's working TWRP on OOS 11 hotfix (latest)

Rooted boot image with TWRP included. If you are already rooted with Magisk, you can just flash this through FK Kernel manager, then reboot into recovery just to be sure it worked. There's no reason it shouldn't, my only suggestion would be to change your lock screen to a pin number first or just remove it.
Just chiming in to say this didn't quite work for me on Beta 02, but it also kinda, did.

I flashed it using root, via the SpartPack-Kernal app. After I rebooted, the OS would load, but after the loading animation, the screen would just sit in black, in what seemed like a critical fail. I was able to press and hold start to get a simple menu that let me lock, or reboot, or shutdown.

When I shutdown, and then booted while holding Vol +, Vol -, and Power, I was able to get the bootloader menu, and switch to recovery, and that DID load TWRP. And that was the key, once I had TWRP back, I could re-do the update properly.

So I then:
  1. Re-flashed the OTA 11 Beta 02
  2. Flashed TWRP 3.5.2_9-0
  3. Rebooted to OS
  4. Rebooted to TWRP
  5. Flashed Magisk
  6. Rebooted, and done.
Working TWRP, Magisk Root, and OTA 11 Beta 02

Reactions: plepew

emreagacli

Jan 31, 2014
Hello, I have installed TWRP and Magisk root latest beta2. I used that tutorial "https://forum.miuiturkiye.net/konu/mi-11-twrp-3-5-1-v21-5-28-tek-tus-yukleme-araci.111250/" except one difference. First of all I have flashed the patched TWRProotedboot.img via that tool in fastboot mode than installed TWRP 3.5.2_9. After all my phone bricked cause of old boot img, but TWRP has installed. So installed whole rom again but if you have new boot.img you can install only it. At the last flashed mouronofrio's TWRP which I always use and magisk. There is no problem both is working now

plepew

Nov 5, 2016
Just chiming in to say this didn't quite work for me on Beta 02, but it also kinda, did.

I flashed it using root, via the SpartPack-Kernal app. After I rebooted, the OS would load, but after the loading animation, the screen would just sit in black, in what seemed like a critical fail. I was able to press and hold start to get a simple menu that let me lock, or reboot, or shutdown.

When I shutdown, and then booted while holding Vol +, Vol -, and Power, I was able to get the bootloader menu, and switch to recovery, and that DID load TWRP. And that was the key, once I had TWRP back, I could re-do the update properly.

So I then:
  3. Rebooted to OS
  4. Rebooted to TWRP
  5. Flashed Magisk
  6. Rebooted, and done.
What version of Magisk did you use and did you have to modify the file extension?

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Moto G6
LG G7 ThinQ

So I then:
  3. Rebooted to OS
  4. Rebooted to TWRP
  5. Flashed Magisk
  6. Rebooted, and done.
It's not for beta 2, it's for the hotfix. The second update. The patched TWRP boot img for beta 2 is here. I'm glad it ended up working out though. I apologize if I wasn't specific enough, I posted that right before I got the it's update for the full beta 2.

Attachments

• fajita-ob2-oos11-twrp-rooted.img
    64 MB · Views: 61

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
When I flashed the android 11 build together with the patched boot image i got an infinite boot, the logo just spins. Latest twrp errors out. When will I be able to root my phone again?

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Lacenter
When I flashed the android 11 build together with the patched boot image i got an infinite boot, the logo just spins. Latest twrp errors out. When will I be able to root my phone again?

Is there not a version of twrp for Android 11 on the OP6t? I've looked everywhere but can find anything. And the few versions I've tried just took my phone to crash dump. If you find a version of twrp that works on A11 for the OP6t or if you find any other way to root it let me know please

Reactions: pendragon666

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights

kramer987

Dec 22, 2010
Is there not a version of twrp for Android 11 on the OP6t? I've looked everywhere but can find anything. And the few versions I've tried just took my phone to crash dump. If you find a version of twrp that works on A11 for the OP6t or if you find any other way to root it let me know please
i used the stable from the twrp website. worked just fine for android 11...

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-140334.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-140334.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20210812-140235.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-140235.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 78

trinidude4

Apr 16, 2014
Amazon Fire
OnePlus 6T
I tried that version and it went straight to crash dump
That version worked for me. It would crash dump if I tried to boot with it using fastboot, but when I flashed it using the magisk app, it worked fine.

I got my phone running A11 and rooted with magisk first but without TWRP because I was afraid TWRP might boot loop me. I read in another thread that flashing the TWRP installer from the magisk app worked so that's what I did. Make sure you flash magisk before rebooting though.

BobbyLynn

Oct 4, 2019
Lacenter
That version worked for me. It would crash dump if I tried to boot with it using fastboot, but when I flashed it using the magisk app, it worked fine.

I got my phone running A11 and rooted with magisk first but without TWRP because I was afraid TWRP might boot loop me. I read in another thread that flashing the TWRP installer from the magisk app worked so that's what I did. Make sure you flash magisk before rebooting though.
How do I flash magisk without twrp?

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
If you're coming from A10 and you're already rooted, do a local upgrade but before restarting, open magisk and install magisk to the inactive slot.

If you don't have root right now, after upgrading to A11, you'll have to fastboot flash a pre-patched boot.img.
I did that like every time before but ended up with an infinite boot with the logo just spinning. Could not even get into the fastboot with the keycombo had to go through recovery.

trinidude4

Apr 16, 2014
Amazon Fire
OnePlus 6T
I did that like every time before but ended up with an infinite boot with the logo just spinning. Could not even get into the fastboot with the keycombo had to go through recovery.
Did you have any magisk modules installed and did you disable them before upgrading? That's the only thing I could think of that might cause problems if you install things in order. I can only say what worked for me. I did a local upgrade, went into magisk and installed magisk to the inactive slot. I installed TWRP and then reinstalled magisk using the direct method after I was already on A11.

I think doing a local upgrade, flashing the TWRP installer and then installing magisk to the inactive slot before rebooting should work, but I didn't try that.

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
i had gravitybox and edxposed installed, just like every other time including the 9 to 10 update. i uninstalled both once i got the phone working again by flashing the unmodified boot partition. even then, the same happens when i flash the magisk modified partition.

Top Liked Posts