• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

Ujjaval

Will there be TWRP recovery for OOS 11/A11? The only way to get TWRP for A11 is either flash it when updating from A10 to A11 or install a A11 custom ROM but the ROM is based on top off A10.
There's no real way to get TWRP on A11 for the OP6 series
@mauronofrio
there is twrp for OP6 android 11 but not for OP6T... See the video on youtube

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
How difficult is it to make the TWRP A11 run on a Oneplus 6t now that a TWRP A11 is working on a Oneplus 6. They have the same hardware so it cant be that difficult for a dev all the hard work has been done.

Technically, the current latest twrp zip works on A11. It's just the boot.img that doesn't and makes people go into crashdump mode
Agreed. I have had no problems flashing the TWRP zip through the Magisk app. For me, as the Magisk installation persists through LOS OTA updates, it is actually convenient to flash only when I need TWRP.

Last edited:

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Last edited:

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Is mauronofrio's twrp for the 6t better than the latest TWRP on the https://twrp.me/ homepage? Thanks.

Also want to clarify the 3.4.0-11 is for android 11 and the other is for 10? Also what are the difference of the "Installer" links and the others that dont have "Installer" in the name?
TWRP 3.4.0-11 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-11 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Q Unofficial by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
Hi !

The latest TWRP on twrp.me page is ALSO from @mauronofrio :) . And it's more up to date. The latest TWRP version is 3.5.2.x.x . You can see his name on the page as "mainterner" next time please read carefully.
All those 3.4 twrps are OLD (the 11 and 10 numbers are just version, the Android is the Pie or Q in name) so how can they be for Android 11 that was released a month ago ? They are all from more then a year ago and you can see the are either PIE or !Q (Android 10) variety.
The zip files (installer) are for use in Magisk or Twrp recovery. It installs to both slots a/b and also removes any root so it should be followed by Magisk installer.
The img files are for use with the fastboot command in fastboot mode. Like "fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2.-9" . That will flash a temporary recovery and then you can use the installer to install a pernament one. Again follow it with Magisk installed if you want root in Android.
But you should know that there is No twrp by @mauronofrio for Android 11 for our device yet. The last one has Android 11 support but it was made before we got Android 11 update. So it creates all kind of problems with Android 11 like the qualcomm crash dump mode and such. The last one, more suited for Android 11 is the one few posts back. I am waiting for @mauronofrio recovery with full Android 11 support soon.
I hope that makes sense :), cheers !

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Great post thanks, one last question regarding the "Q" for android 10 in there. Why for version 0 and 11 the .img files have "Q" written in the name but not in the zip files below them?
If I am not mistaken the zips contain both the Pie and the Q versions. As it's a "smart" installer it will install the right version based on the Android you have on your device.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
If I am not mistaken the zips contain both the Pie and the Q versions. As it's a "smart" installer it will install the right version based on the Android you have on your device.
You are a bit mistaken, the installer doesn't do any detection or anything different for any Android versions, it just applies the same TWRP ramdisk.cpio to the existing boot partition, and leaves the rest of it untouched.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
You are a bit mistaken, the installer doesn't do any detection or anything different for any Android versions, it just applies the same TWRP ramdisk.cpio to the existing boot partition, and leaves the rest of it untouched.
Looking at the installer you are correct. There is just one recovery cpio file, not two and the script doesn't check for Android version. In this case I have no idea why there isn't a Pie and a Q version of the zip. But those are old recoveries so I don't think anyone uses them anymore. Unfortunetly it seems we have no maintaner for OnePlus 6t recovery now :-(.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Nexus 7 (2013)
Looking at the installer you are correct. There is just one recovery cpio file, not two and the script doesn't check for Android version. In this case I have no idea why there isn't a Pie and a Q version of the zip. But those are old recoveries so I don't think anyone uses them anymore. Unfortunetly it seems we have no maintaner for OnePlus 6t recovery now :-(.
I know. Because I wrote the installer. 😛

There isn't a different version because it isn't needed since by replacing only the boot partition ramdisk with the TWRP ramdisk it maintains broader compatibility.

If someone has time and interest they're welcome to step up and take over maintainership as has happened on most of mauro's other OnePlus device TWRP threads already. 👍

danizwam

Oct 5, 2009
Münster
Hi,

i updated my Oneplus 6T to Android 11 today and everytime i want to boot "fastboot boot twrpxxxx.img" it boots to "crash dump mode".

I tried the twrp-3.4.0-11-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img and twrp-3.5.2_9-0-fajita.img but the result is always the same.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts