• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, AZ
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Hi,

i updated my Oneplus 6T to Android 11 today and everytime i want to boot "fastboot boot twrpxxxx.img" it boots to "crash dump mode".

I tried the twrp-3.4.0-11-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img and twrp-3.5.2_9-0-fajita.img but the result is always the same.

Any ideas?
Lots of posts already about this in this thread - please search.

You will need to restore your boot partition, and not flash TWRP in recovery.

Reactions: danizwam

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Hi,

i updated my Oneplus 6T to Android 11 today and everytime i want to boot "fastboot boot twrpxxxx.img" it boots to "crash dump mode".

I tried the twrp-3.4.0-11-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img and twrp-3.5.2_9-0-fajita.img but the result is always the same.

Any ideas?
Use crdroid recovery to fastboot boot.... :

Enchilada: https://mega.nz/file/NXpQ0Jyb#k6c8sVDxVFvB57Ra7E-yqnB3Tsc61tioozmR88DxwhI

Fajita: https://mega.nz/file/pWgw2ZrR#djR1vBwh64yNcr3XnrDO2DCACPndTd8x5Z5-wTxTanQ

Then when it boots use it to flash the latest twrp install zip. You need the latest one, don't use crdroid for roms and such. Just to boot it from fastboot. Then reboot. Profit 😀

Last edited:

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
Hi,

Any ideas?
I think you are using the twrp image intended to boot Android 10 but since you are on 11 you need the newer twrp.

Probably just go with what DaOldMan said above.

pigcanswim

Mar 26, 2017
I'm confused now. I have managed to get twrp 3.5.2_9 installer installed and I wanted root so I installed the packages as follow,

1. load LOS recovery, boot twrp 3.5.2_11 test3.img.
2. installed 3.5.2_9 installer. *you are now unrooted*
3. installed magisk v23.zip
4. restart system

However I am now facing bootloop. My device will appears stuck at the "bootloader is unlocked" page and just restarts by itself after awhile. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I think I found my problem, probably a module called 'OOS native call recording' causing the issue.
while still under twrp recovery,
uninstalled magisk
reinstalled full install package
flashed twrp.zip
flashed magisk.zip

finally booted into os.
experiencing lag for my OP 6T

Last edited:

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
HELP I just did msmtool to 9.0.11 successfully, just unlocked bootloader, restart,, and at fastboot mode did >fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-fajita.img
And the phone just gets stuck in fastboot until do a hard shutdown... Where did I go wrong???

Last edited:

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
HELP I just did msmtool to 9.0.11 successfully, just unlocked bootloader, restart,, and at fastboot mode did >fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-fajita.img
And the phone just gets stuck in fastboot until do a hard shutdown... Where did I go wrong???
You need the android 9 img of recovery probably. You are using android 10 img mate.
Good luck!

teknesian

Nov 19, 2014
Tehran
Use crdroid recovery to fastboot boot.... :

Enchilada: https://mega.nz/file/NXpQ0Jyb#k6c8sVDxVFvB57Ra7E-yqnB3Tsc61tioozmR88DxwhI

Fajita: https://mega.nz/file/pWgw2ZrR#djR1vBwh64yNcr3XnrDO2DCACPndTd8x5Z5-wTxTanQ

Then when it boots use it to flash the latest twrp install zip. You need the latest one, don't use crdroid for roms and such. Just to boot it from fastboot. Then reboot. Profit 😀
hi i tested this way but when the run twrp stuck in spalsh logo
plz help what must i do

synthetic_llama2

Oct 18, 2021
After reading posts above and looking through this devices forums, this seems to be the most current updated thread for getting TWRP on Oneplus 6T. I was also directed here by going to TWRP websites and them linking this forum.

With that being said, Daoldman link for - fajita_twrp-3.5.2_11-0_test3 .img appears to be the newest TWRP.

I'm stock android 11 and have been out of the scene for over 3 years. I'm not sure what OOS means, but im assuming i can follow the original guide steps (or CRdroid recovery?) with that new twrp 3.5

Edit: I just figured out what OOS means (baby steps, one stick at a time the beaver says)

Last edited:

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
After reading posts above and looking through this devices forums, this seems to be the most current updated thread for getting TWRP on Oneplus 6T. I was also directed here by going to TWRP websites and them linking this forum.

With that being said, Daoldman link for - fajita_twrp-3.5.2_11-0_test3 .img appears to be the newest TWRP.

I'm stock android 11 and have been out of the scene for over 3 years. I'm not sure what OOS means, but im assuming i can follow the original guide steps (or CRdroid recovery?) with that new twrp 3.5

Edit: I just figured out what OOS means (baby steps, one stick at a time the beaver says)
What's does it mean? What TWRP do I flash over Pixel Experience ROM?

smithersjoe

Apr 16, 2011
Hi,

Any ideas?

Lots of posts already about this in this thread - please search.

You will need to restore your boot partition, and not flash TWRP in recovery.
Here's what worked for me:
1. Download PB03.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os11-open-beta-2-3-and-stable-latest.4316563/
2. Download latest TWRP installer from https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus6t.html (zip file)
3. Download full 11.1.1.1 rom from OnePlus at https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156215016
4. Download latest Magisk installer (zip file)
5. Copy #2, #3, and #4 above to your phone storage.
6. Get to fastboot mode (hold volume up key while booting)
7. fastboot flash boot PB03.img (assumes you have fastboot tools and OnePlus drivers installed on PC). Note: it must be "fastboot flash boot" not just "fastboot boot"
8. Reboot to recovery (use volume keys to select "recovery" in fastboot mode and press power button)
9. In PitchBlack recovery, install 11.1.1.1 rom (named "OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.61_OTA_0610_all_2109171644_7a4bfad9b1f940d5.zip") and then latest TWRP installer zip file
10. Reboot to recovery (press power icon in PitchBlack recovery main screen) - now you should be in TWRP
11. Install latest Magisk installer zip file
12. Reboot to system (press reboot icon in TWRP and select system)

Rick Chase

Sep 21, 2009
ocala fl
I have a stock 6T i'm trying to flash this on but nothing is showing when I enter the command "fastboot devices".

I am able to get to the bootloader using adb reboot bootloader but this next step has be stumped. I installed usb drivers from oneplususbdrivers.com that I hope wasn't a virus. Any help would be appreciated.

I am in the process of searching the thread as well. I'm on Windows 10.

Steps I've done so far.
- enabled debug mode
- enabled oem unlock
- installed adb and fastboot
- rebooted phone into bootloader using adb
- installed usb drivers from oneplususbdrivers.com
-restarted multiple times

Rick Chase

Sep 21, 2009
ocala fl
Did you actually unlock the bootloader? Just wondering, you enabled oem unlock in settings but did you fastboot with a oem unlock command? Didn't see it on your list.
That is the step I am stuck on. Since fastboot doesnt recognize a device as being connected, there is no way for it to complete the "oem unlock" command. If i can get fastboot to recognize a device is connected, the next step is unlocking the bootloader. If i try the "oem unlock" command right now it says "waiting for any device" and nothing happens.

Since installing the oneplus drivers didnt work, should installing the google sdk usb drivers solve it?

Last edited:

Rick Chase

Sep 21, 2009
ocala fl
That thread describes 2 options

1. Go into device manager and select Android Bootloader Interface. I'm not sure where they saw this or what steps they took to make it work. Sounds vague but I'll have a look when I'm back at the computer.

2. Go to windows update under optional updates and install Android Bootloader Device. I will try this as well.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Option 2 worked. Thanks again.

Last edited:

VassagoU7XDA

Dec 9, 2020
Here's what worked for me:
1. Download PB03.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os11-open-beta-2-3-and-stable-latest.4316563/
2. Download latest TWRP installer from https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplus6t.html (zip file)
3. Download full 11.1.1.1 rom from OnePlus at https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156215016
4. Download latest Magisk installer (zip file)
5. Copy #2, #3, and #4 above to your phone storage.
6. Get to fastboot mode (hold volume up key while booting)
7. fastboot flash boot PB03.img (assumes you have fastboot tools and OnePlus drivers installed on PC). Note: it must be "fastboot flash boot" not just "fastboot boot"
8. Reboot to recovery (use volume keys to select "recovery" in fastboot mode and press power button)
9. In PitchBlack recovery, install 11.1.1.1 rom (named "OnePlus6TOxygen_34.J.61_OTA_0610_all_2109171644_7a4bfad9b1f940d5.zip") and then latest TWRP installer zip file
10. Reboot to recovery (press power icon in PitchBlack recovery main screen) - now you should be in TWRP
11. Install latest Magisk installer zip file
12. Reboot to system (press reboot icon in TWRP and select system)
If you are already in 11.1.1.1. Can you skip the rom installation and only install TWRP zip file (in step 9) ?

Top Liked Posts