• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Great news! Thanks! What about installation instructions? Does it works with traditional fastboot boot ? Or there are specific instructions?
I didn't see anything about this. Should be tested by someone if fastboot works. I installed it on my 6t via Magisk like always and it seems to work. No changelog either. No idea if it was released by @mauronofrio even. Great we have a new version though.
Cheers

Reactions: thomasnsr

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
He means install from scratch
Nope, wrong. @jhedfors is right.
You install twrp in Magisk app via local install. Then you go back to home page of Magisk app. There you press the install line on the Magisk button and reinstall it. If this is done after installation of new rom you just flash new Magisk to the inactive slot. I install it twice to be sure - to current slot and then to the inactive slot. If the new rom doesn't boot you will still have Magisk. Then reboot, done.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Are there plans to update TWRP so that you can boot instead of getting the QUALCOMM CrashDump?
I wish they updated the sources so it would all work without the crashdump.
For now the workaround is to use the crdroid recovery to boot into twrp and then install this current recovery and reboot into recovery. Go back a bit for links i posted to crdroid recovery. Don't use crdroid recovery for anything but installing the current twrp
Cheers.

SnarfDTD

Nov 5, 2021
Use crdroid recovery to fastboot boot.... :

Enchilada: https://mega.nz/file/NXpQ0Jyb#k6c8sVDxVFvB57Ra7E-yqnB3Tsc61tioozmR88DxwhI

Fajita: https://mega.nz/file/pWgw2ZrR#djR1vBwh64yNcr3XnrDO2DCACPndTd8x5Z5-wTxTanQ

Then when it boots use it to flash the latest twrp install zip. You need the latest one, don't use crdroid for roms and such. Just to boot it from fastboot. Then reboot. Profit 😀
Any advice you can give?

Used the Fajita image (fajita_twrp-3.5.2_11-0_test3.img) to boot into TWRP. Installed TWRP (twrp-installer-3.6.0_9-0-fajita.zip), installed magisk v23, rebooted to system and now i am stuck on the T-mobile screen. long pressing volume up and power can turn the device off but when it turns back on it gets stuck on the T-mobile screen.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Any advice you can give?

Used the Fajita image (fajita_twrp-3.5.2_11-0_test3.img) to boot into TWRP. Installed TWRP (twrp-installer-3.6.0_9-0-fajita.zip), installed magisk v23, rebooted to system and now i am stuck on the T-mobile screen. long pressing volume up and power can turn the device off but when it turns back on it gets stuck on the T-mobile screen.
You didn't restart twrp after you installed the full one. That's the problem. I never use twrp for this installations. I install twrp through magisk in rom and magisk itself with the Magisk manager.

Reactions: Brettroth

SnarfDTD

Nov 5, 2021
Any advice you can give?

You didn't restart twrp after you installed the full one. That's the problem. I never use twrp for this installations. I install twrp through magisk in rom and magisk itself with the Magisk manager.
Right I didn't reboot to recovery after installing twrp. Still able to get into recovery from bootloader, and when I boot to system from twrp. Do you think a factory reset from TWRP and then a fresh install if magisk will fix the problem?

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Right I didn't reboot to recovery after installing twrp. Still able to get into recovery from bootloader, and when I boot to system from twrp. Do you think a factory reset from TWRP and then a fresh install if magisk will fix the problem?
There are few things to try. Boot to recovery, then install twrp. Reboot to system. Don't install magisk. Just reboot.

oneearth

Apr 8, 2013
Use crdroid recovery to fastboot boot.... :

Enchilada: https://mega.nz/file/NXpQ0Jyb#k6c8sVDxVFvB57Ra7E-yqnB3Tsc61tioozmR88DxwhI

Fajita: https://mega.nz/file/pWgw2ZrR#djR1vBwh64yNcr3XnrDO2DCACPndTd8x5Z5-wTxTanQ

Then when it boots use it to flash the latest twrp install zip. You need the latest one, don't use crdroid for roms and such. Just to boot it from fastboot. Then reboot. Profit 😀

Thanks! Using the crdroid recovery got me out of the dreaded Qualcomm CrashDump and saved me hours of frustration!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts