[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
Before updating to Windows 11 fastboot worked fine. Now I get: "fastboot : The term 'fastboot' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program......"

I have tried "googeling" it but didn't find a solution. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Solved it.
Instead of opening a terminal or Powershell inside the fastboot folder I hade to go up a level and right click on my fastboot folder and open terminal.
Don't know why it worked this way and not by right klickning inside the folder and open terminal...
You probably could've typed ./fastboot ...
(With the leading period and forward slash)

germz1986

Oct 28, 2010
Hey stupid question. Last phones I rooted and flashed was the N5 + N6. Had no issues with TWRP. I am attempted it with my 6T. Have it unlocked. when I "fastboot boot ""twrp.img"' I get a qualcom error screen with a message "attempted to kill init". I have also attempted the same "fastboot boot "lineage-recovery.img"" and it just reboots it self. Am I doing something wrong here? I have tried two different official versions of twrp and the latest unofficial.

b8842dc0

Nov 11, 2015
Anybody following this thread over here:

Looks like they are linking to TWRP builds for fajita that work with decrypting A12. Anybody tried these builds out? Curious whether mauronofrio is no longer the main TWRP fajita dev? Looks like those builds are being handled by somebody named siddk.

b8842dc0

Nov 11, 2015
Anybody following this thread over here:

Looks like they are linking to TWRP builds for fajita that work with decrypting A12. Anybody tried these builds out? Curious whether mauronofrio is no longer the main TWRP fajita dev? Looks like those builds are being handled by somebody named siddk.

I'll answer my own question. I'm now using the TWRP found at https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-11-12-unofficial-twrp-for-oneplus-6-6t.4382121/
I've successfully upgraded my Oneplus 6T to Lineage 19 and TWRP is able to decrypt everything just fine.

user3210

Feb 13, 2016
Hello

-1) My prerequisites: OnePlus 6t unboxed. initial setup. Search for updates. Android-Version: 11. OxygenOS-Version 11.1.2.2. No PIN set. Bootloader unlocked. adb and fastboot tools are working with linux.
0) I'm going through the official lineageos installation guide an wondering, why there is no mention about a twrp recovery. So I stopped the further LineageOS installation at this point.
1) What is the difference between twrp and lineage-19.1-20220908-recovery-fajita.img? Both can be installed temporarily and then persistent if I got it correctly.
2) On an previous OnePlus 6T device I bricked it with fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_9-0-fajita.img so I will avoid to brick the second device.
3) Is lineage-19.1-20220908-recovery-fajita.img really necessary to install or can I skip this and keep going with twrp?
3.1) If 3) = yes, than which twrp version should I install?
4) This forum twrp installation guide point 4: fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img means twrp-3.4.0-11-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img?
4.1) Can I install instead of twrp-3.4.0-11-fajita-Q-mauronofrio.img rather than twrp-3.6.2_9-0-fajita.img from the "official" twrp download website?
5) What exactly are point 7. and 8. "Install Recovery Ramdisk" and "Choose the recoveryimgfilename.img" - does it mean that twrp will be installed persistently instead temporarily?

Thanks in advance

esseti

Mar 15, 2011
OnePlus 6T
Can someone help with an updated guide?
I receive crashdump when I try to follow the first page instructions (when `fastboot flash boot twrp-3.6.2_9-0-fajita.img`)

can someone help me out on what I should do?

Koushik87

Nov 3, 2014
Kolkata
Can someone help with an updated guide?
I receive crashdump when I try to follow the first page instructions (when `fastboot flash boot twrp-3.6.2_9-0-fajita.img`)

can someone help me out on what I should do?
Depends on your previous setup and sequence of steps you followed.
R you coming from custom rom or stock?
Do u had any previous versions of TWRP on any of the slots or installing it for first time?
Did you tried with any previous versions of TWRP?

As far as steps are concerned they are still the same and haven't changed much.

esseti

Mar 15, 2011
OnePlus 6T
In the end i was able to use the other one that can be found on XDA `TWRP-3.6.2_11-OP6xT.zip`. This one runs.

I had Oxygen stock before.
what I did was to fastboot boot the TWRP . i've tried 3.2.3 3.4 etc

should I instead install this?
Beacuse the other one does not allow me to do backups (which scares me a bit)

Last edited:

Flieq

Oct 29, 2022
OnePlus 6T
Hi . I have problem to flash the TWRP . Everytime i fastboot boot “image file” my phone goes into crashdump mode . I have tried using msm tools redo the whole process back . But still didnt work

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
Hi . I have problem to flash the TWRP . Everytime i fastboot boot “image file” my phone goes into crashdump mode . I have tried using msm tools redo the whole process back . But still didnt work
Forget msm tool. Just use the right twrp. Try this one.

Attachments

• TWRP-3.6.2_11-OP6xT.img
    34.1 MB · Views: 40

Mr.MEX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2014
Samara
OnePlus 6T
When installing on the above android 9, the ability to download the image through the fastboot disappears boot and recovery. If you need to get into recovery mode, you need to patch the stock boot image, then flash it through fastboot, and then run command fastboot reboot recovery. there are no other options.

Top Liked Posts