[RECOVERY][3.4.0-11][fajita]Official/Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T (Stable)

Search This thread

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
This is not a TWRP file but I know many people are bricking there phones due to the new encryption in OOS 11. If your bricked and still able to get into fastboot, the attached IMG file is the stock boot file needed to get your phone booted.

Once in fastboot mode just open a terminal in the directory where the boot file is located after downloading it and run the 2 simple commands: "fastboot devices" (this lets you know your pc is reading your devices) and than, "fastboot flash boot boot.img". Hopefully that will work for you!

The magisk_patched.img is the patched boot image that allows root access! Use the same directions as above to flash it! Either one should get the phone working again. Until a TWRP is created specifically for this rom these files should be useful.

Use for OnePlus 6T Global version Official stable Android OOS 11!

Attachments

• boot.img
    64 MB · Views: 106
  • magisk_patched.img
    64 MB · Views: 158
Reactions: Franvmm

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I have tried to restore a backup of android 11 beta 3 rom and data. Got a nice boot loop 😭.
It checked the crc digest, the files are not damaged. For now i would ask people not to use the restore nandroid function in android 11.
Hope twrp for Android 11 will be here soon.

Reactions: pendragon666

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
How did you get working TWRP?
1. I have kept it from version 10 (by installing it in Magisk after each update, including to Android Beta)
2. Now, when I didn't have a choice but to install stable anew I have flashed a Magisk updated kernel with TWRP (it's here on XDA) in fastboot (fastboot flash boot xxx.img) and I have TWRP again. It can't be flashed in recovery though :-( you will get Qualcomm dump if you try.

Reactions: jhedfors

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
I have tried to restore a backup of android 11 beta 3 rom and data. Got a nice boot loop 😭.
It checked the crc digest, the files are not damaged. For now i would ask people not to use the restore nandroid function in android 11.
Hope twrp for Android 11 will be here soon.
Even the first post says backups dont work. Which is what we want from a backup tool.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Even the first post says backups dont work. Which is what we want from a backup tool.
Doesn't really say it "doesn't work". It sais "Backup still have some problems use it carefully". Still I have no idea if the problem was TWRP or the boot partition that causes trouble on Android 11 now with TWRP. I am waiting for TWRP built from Android 11 sources.

Reactions: scorpio76r

Franvmm

Jul 22, 2014
This is not a TWRP file but I know many people are bricking there phones due to the new encryption in OOS 11. If your bricked and still able to get into fastboot, the attached IMG file is the stock boot file needed to get your phone booted.

Once in fastboot mode just open a terminal in the directory where the boot file is located after downloading it and run the 2 simple commands: "fastboot devices" (this lets you know your pc is reading your devices) and than, "fastboot flash boot boot.img". Hopefully that will work for you!

The magisk_patched.img is the patched boot image that allows root access! Use the same directions as above to flash it! Either one should get the phone working again. Until a TWRP is created specifically for this rom these files should be useful.

Use for OnePlus 6T Global version Official stable Android OOS 11!
Used magisk img and worked perfectly, no issues

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
Doesn't really say it "doesn't work". It sais "Backup still have some problems use it carefully". Still I have no idea if the problem was TWRP or the boot partition that causes trouble on Android 11 now with TWRP. I am waiting for TWRP built from Android 11 sources.
It failed miserably when i tried to use it a year ago and forced me to restore my phone from scratch. A backup restore tool is nothing if it is not 100% working. At this point this is just a flash tool that fails at that as well. Still cant get past the error dump screen now.

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
It failed miserably when i tried to use it a year ago and forced me to restore my phone from scratch. A backup restore tool is nothing if it is not 100% working. At this point this is just a flash tool that fails at that as well. Still cant get past the error dump screen now.
Not sure if it will help you, but when this happened to me recently it was able to fastboot switch active slot to get back.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Easy way out: flash in fastboot the kernel img given few posts ago that includes Magisk. It will boot, then you can flash twrp through magisk and reinstall magisk immedietly as twrp installation removed it. Don't use twrp to flash anything yet

pendragon666

May 31, 2012
Easy way out: flash in fastboot the kernel img given few posts ago that includes Magisk. It will boot, then you can flash twrp through magisk and reinstall magisk immedietly as twrp installation removed it. Don't use twrp to flash anything yet
I know it should work, but it does not. It just stays on the boot animation forever until i flash the stock boot image.

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Will there be TWRP recovery for OOS 11/A11? The only way to get TWRP for A11 is either flash it when updating from A10 to A11 or install a A11 custom ROM but the ROM is based on top off A10.
There's no real way to get TWRP on A11 for the OP6 series
@mauronofrio

darfri

Nov 13, 2008
OnePlus 6T
The oos 11 is a bit fresh and buggy (I've heard). It probably takes a bit time. Have you tried booting over usb with twrp image? This might be a temporary solution for you to set everything up and live without "mobile" twrp for a while

Top Liked Posts