[RECOVERY][3.4.0-13][avicii]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus Nord (Testing)

Search This thread

kostikos

Apr 19, 2008
I've completed the hole process of flashing twrp and rooting device succesfully and everything works fine. Question: From now on if i want to boot on twrp, can i do it normally from recovery option (power+volume up) or do i have to run the command from adb+fastboot prosedure everytime (since the twrp is flashed and not installed as far as i understood) ?
edit: 2nd q: How are we going to install new updates of the official rom?

Last edited:

serithes

Feb 13, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 7
I've completed the hole process of flashing twrp and rooting device succesfully and everything works fine. Question: From now on if i want to boot on twrp, can i do it normally from recovery option (power+volume up) or do i have to run the command from adb+fastboot prosedure everytime (since the twrp is flashed and not installed as far as i understood) ?

If you flashed TWRP and installed magisk you should be able to do it from recovery option or advanced restart menu (activate in developer settings on OOS).

Somehow didn't manage to flash full OOS update in TWRP - maybe because i don't have experience with A/B partition devices? In the end i was using this solution...

1. disable automatic updates in OOS developer options
2. magisk -> uninstall magisk - restore images option
3. moved the full OOS Update to root folder of my nord
4. system update -> install local update -> don't reboot!!!
4. reinstall magisk -> choose install to inactive slot (after ota) option -> let's go -> reboot from magisk

detailed instructions: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-nord-magisk-rooting-guide/

Still would be interested how to dirty flash Nord OOS updates in twrp, any experiences?

Last edited:

kostikos

Apr 19, 2008
If you flashed TWRP and installed magisk you should be able to do it from recovery option or advanced restart menu (activate in developer settings on OOS).

Somehow didn't manage to flash full OOS update in TWRP - maybe because i don't have experience with A/B partition devices? In the end i was using this solution...

4. reinstall magisk -> choose install to inactive slot (after ota) option -> let's go -> reboot from magisk

detailed instructions: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-nord-magisk-rooting-guide/

Still would be interested how to dirty flash Nord OOS updates in twrp, any experiences?
thank you friend. I did all of your instructions and all went smooth with a little bit different procedure.. Couldn't download ota update though system update (it couldn't find any newer version) so i downloaded the full os update through oxygen updater app (which found the newer version 10.5.10), but couldn't move it from sdcard to root as you suggested ( file manager said it's read only). So i installed it from sdcard through system local update (i guess i could install it through oxygen updater aswell) and all went great along with the magisk root.

Last edited:
Reactions: serithes

i6nfity

May 4, 2015
If I start Sideloading my PC won't detect a device and most importantly if I try to abbort it hangs and I have to reboot to get out of this:
Screenshot_2020-12-28-15-13-05.png

OnePlusFan123

Jan 10, 2021
Similar to @i6nfity I am stuck in TWRP after selecting ADB Sideload and canceling it (i doesn't work because no device detected at my PC).
But I have no idea how to reboot - the device has only 3 buttons (VOL +/- and POWER), and no combination on them reboots the device. What can I do? I don't want to wait until the battery is drained.

Last edited:

ElecDashi

Jul 11, 2020
Similar to @i6nfity I am stuck in TWRP after selecting ADB Sideload and canceling it (i doesn't work because no device detected at my PC).
But I have no idea how to reboot - the device has only 3 buttons (VOL +/- and POWER), and no combination on them reboots the device. What can I do? I don't want to wait until the battery is drained.

Press the three buttons simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. It will hard reset.

Reactions: OnePlusFan123

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
Windows 10 doesn't download automatically fastboot driver, to download it, go into Windows update settings, and click on download "optional" drivers, or a similar name, then drivers will be downloaded and phone will be visible on adb.

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
Since Android 11 beta 2 the TWRP decrypt function doesn't work anymore, to read all data I need always to remove PIN protection before to make the twrp boot.

mixlex

Jul 16, 2011
Jeffersonville, in
Moto G Stylus 5G
My Nord is recognised in fastboot mode when I enter fastboot devices but when I fastboot boot the recovery image it says it's booting and phone switched to the icon fastboot screen but phone stays on that screen and TWRP never boots up. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots
    - Decryption works
    - Rom flashing should work
    - Backups are broken
    - Flash partition is broken for system and vendor
    - DON'T WIPE OR FORMAT SYSTEM AND VENDOR PARTITIONS
    - Format/wipe data works

NOT WORKING:
    - Backup Restore
    - Fastbootd
    - System and vendor image flash

Install guide (Reccomended):
    For now only boot the TWRP
    To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-13 by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_avicii_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:

Created 2020-08-03
    Hows the development going on this?

There are some common problems for all android 10 twrps, so i'm working on them but i will not a release until there are a bit of fixes
    Oneplus just released the source code for OnePlus Nord

https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm7250
    Is it possible to get stable version of this Recovery? In future?