[RECOVERY][3.4.0-13][avicii]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus Nord (Testing)

Search This thread

burgess_boy

Sep 8, 2009
Bristol
Xiaomi Poco F3
What I did was factory reset once for installing pe rom, it didn't helped so I did once again it deleted all data and successfully flashed rom without wiping via adc(pc). And about backup, I was able to back up and since in my old device we simply had to backup data, system and vendor , and its something new to me with a/b partition amd super etc. So, I had to test it, but I did successfully flashed the boot img from the backup, so I guess rom restoration is possible too. I will let you know later.

Have you flashed TWRP to the recovery partition or just booting into it via fastboot?

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
It's a pity that the development of this TWRP seems abandoned :(
Since Android 11 the TWRP decrypt function doesn't work anymore, to read all data I need always to remove PIN protection before to make the twrp boot.

Reactions: Sarim17A

Doc Sniper

Dec 8, 2010
FYI: TWRP 3.5.1 was released, changelog:

Android 9 Branch:
- Build compilation in 7.1 tree – CaptainThrowback
- SAR: Don’t follow symbolic links for block devices – bigbiff
- SAR Update script name for clarity – CaptainThrowback
Android 9 and Android 10 Branches:
- Wrappedkey support running only on FBE devices – CaptainThrowback
- TWRP App log information reduced – epicX67
- Refresh details after system wipe and adb sideload – AdrianDC
- Chinese translation updates – betaxb
- Support keymaster 2 – PeterCxy
- add tzdata to TWRP for timezones – CaptainThrowback
- ParitionManager: support delayed adopted storage mount – PeterCxy
- Support to start terminal from file manager directory – AndroiableDroid
- Nano support – nebrassy
- Add nano support to open files from file manager – CaptainThrowback
- Include new magisk apk support to be installed by TWRP – ianmacd
- Add support to change directory name where TWRP stores backups – epicX67
- Add bash support – not the default shell – DarthJabba9
- ORS support to format data – AdrianDC
- Add support to flash both slots when flashing an image – epicX67
- NL translation updates – ianmacd
- Installation cleanup – remove dupe PackageExtractFn – klabit87
- Remove logd-reinit service – CaptainThrowback
- Restore system root context – bigbiff
- Only include keymaster 2 if tree supports it – CaptainThrowback
- Strip lines containing ‘–‘ in language_helper.py – ianmacd
- Unlocalized string fix – ianmacd

Source: https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-5-1-released-new-features/

Edit: This is just a general information, for the 1+Nord there is as of today, no version 3.5.x available yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: brausebirne
Hi guys, I would like to flash Kali Nethunter on my device and I searched on there site for a supported device and so I decided to go for the OnePlus Nord 256GB, 12 GB. Yesterday I bought him and did some research. I’m about to flash this twrp, flash magisk, flash the Nethunter image, but I really wanna have a complete backup of everything I can possibly backup (stock ROM, data, etc.). Now I have read pretty much everything in this thread and I know that the backup/restore feature of this twrp doesn’t work that well, so I wonder if there is any alternative that I can use to make sure that I cover my own mistakes with a way to backup and restore everything to normale/standard.
I would appreciate any help of you guys.

Sarim17A

Feb 19, 2020
OnePlus Nord
Hi guys, I would like to flash Kali Nethunter on my device and I searched on there site for a supported device and so I decided to go for the OnePlus Nord 256GB, 12 GB. Yesterday I bought him and did some research. I’m about to flash this twrp, flash magisk, flash the Nethunter image, but I really wanna have a complete backup of everything I can possibly backup (stock ROM, data, etc.). Now I have read pretty much everything in this thread and I know that the backup/restore feature of this twrp doesn’t work that well, so I wonder if there is any alternative that I can use to make sure that I cover my own mistakes with a way to backup and restore everything to normale/standard.
I would appreciate any help of you guys.
You can use Orange fox recovery instead as most functions work well on it , including backup of boot afaik(also internal storage ). As for stock ROM backup , I highly suggest that if something goes wrong , you should make use of the MSM tool which is available for Nord . Not only is it very easy to use , but you'll be back to OOS10 in under 10 mins . And for backing up apps ,their data and permissions you can also use the migrate app , provided you're currently rooted with magisk.

Reactions: Kevekop
You can use Orange fox recovery instead as most functions work well on it , including backup of boot afaik(also internal storage ). As for stock ROM backup , I highly suggest that if something goes wrong , you should make use of the MSM tool which is available for Nord . Not only is it very easy to use , but you'll be back to OOS10 in under 10 mins . And for backing up apps ,their data and permissions you can also use the migrate app , provided you're currently rooted with magisk.
First of all, thank you for your reply!
I have a few questions:
I’m not familiar with Orange fox recovery and i quickly searched about it and didn’t find anything for OnePlus Nord, only for OnePlus Nord N10( I don’t know if it would be the same or not.)

For MSM tool I found this thread : https://xdaforums.com/t/opnord-oos-...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4148415/

If I understand it right, if needed, I download the right firmware(in my case European, because I’m from Belgium).
And before I start rooting my phone, I can make a backup of my stock ROM?

Ps. Sorry for this but I really wanna be prepared and try to don’t screwup my first attempt. He’s also still fresh in the box

Sarim17A

Feb 19, 2020
OnePlus Nord
First of all, thank you for your reply!
I have a few questions:
I’m not familiar with Orange fox recovery and i quickly searched about it and didn’t find anything for OnePlus Nord, only for OnePlus Nord N10( I don’t know if it would be the same or not.)

For MSM tool I found this thread : https://xdaforums.com/t/opnord-oos-...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4148415/

If I understand it right, if needed, I download the right firmware(in my case European, because I’m from Belgium).
And before I start rooting my phone, I can make a backup of my stock ROM?

Ps. Sorry for this but I really wanna be prepared and try to don’t screwup my first attempt. He’s also still fresh in the box
The link for OFRP thread :

Yeah ig you can make a backup of ur stock ROM via OFRP(Orange fox) and incase there's an issue with the backup you can always restore your device via MSM . And yeah since you're from Belgium you'll be using the European version .
And you don't need to be sorry , you've got genuine questions and I'm happy to help :)

The link for OFRP thread :

Yeah ig you can make a backup of ur stock ROM via OFRP(Orange fox) and incase there's an issue with the backup you can always restore your device via MSM . And yeah since you're from Belgium you'll be using the European version .
And you don't need to be sorry , you've got genuine questions and I'm happy to help :)
Thank you very much!
Almost done with work, so hopefully I can start my weekend with a new toy 😄
Your help is appreciated!

Reactions: Sarim17A

guyderam

Nov 5, 2008
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi 11T Pro

Sarim17A

Feb 19, 2020
OnePlus Nord
im confused. You mean the orange fox recovery worked well?
Yup. It works extremely well for taking and restoring backup , flashing ROMs( that mention that they exclusively support flashing via OFRP) and also has an inbuilt magisk modules remover . It comes in handy when you flash some module you're not sure of and if it leads to a bootloop , you can easily remove the module from the recovery itself .

Budak_Thegil

Oct 31, 2021
anyone has twrp or any custom recover for android 12 oneplus nord..i use pixysos android 12 beta..without root i can't restore anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots
    - Decryption works
    - Rom flashing should work
    - Backups are broken
    - Flash partition is broken for system and vendor
    - DON'T WIPE OR FORMAT SYSTEM AND VENDOR PARTITIONS
    - Format/wipe data works

NOT WORKING:
    - Backup Restore
    - Fastbootd
    - System and vendor image flash

Install guide (Reccomended):
    For now only boot the TWRP
    To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-13 by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_avicii_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:

Created 2020-08-03
    Hows the development going on this?

There are some common problems for all android 10 twrps, so i'm working on them but i will not a release until there are a bit of fixes
    Oneplus just released the source code for OnePlus Nord

https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm7250
    Is it possible to get stable version of this Recovery? In future?
    I've completed the hole process of flashing twrp and rooting device succesfully and everything works fine. Question: From now on if i want to boot on twrp, can i do it normally from recovery option (power+volume up) or do i have to run the command from adb+fastboot prosedure everytime (since the twrp is flashed and not installed as far as i understood) ?
    edit: 2nd q: How are we going to install new updates of the official rom?

If you flashed TWRP and installed magisk you should be able to do it from recovery option or advanced restart menu (activate in developer settings on OOS).

Somehow didn't manage to flash full OOS update in TWRP - maybe because i don't have experience with A/B partition devices? In the end i was using this solution...

1. disable automatic updates in OOS developer options
    2. magisk -> uninstall magisk - restore images option
    3. moved the full OOS Update to root folder of my nord
    4. system update -> install local update -> don't reboot!!!
    4. reinstall magisk -> choose install to inactive slot (after ota) option -> let's go -> reboot from magisk

detailed instructions: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-nord-magisk-rooting-guide/

Still would be interested how to dirty flash Nord OOS updates in twrp, any experiences?