• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-14][monet]TWRP Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G

Search This thread

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
Our little phone has received the Android 11 update. Current costum recovery does not support Android 11. Therefore, it may not be possible to install the OTA update, after the flash the phone will hang, going back to TWRP will have all sorts of red error messages.
Can we expect to get a version that fully supports Android 11?

Attachments

• IMG20201205000610.jpg
    IMG20201205000610.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 132

E.U.A

Apr 21, 2011
After EUROM is cannot boot.
I flashed miui_MONETGlobal_V12.1.1.0.RJIMIXM_ca34271367_11.0.zip. the original rom. DON'T DO THAT!
It doesn't work either.
And just installed TWRP but now I cannot reach my sdcard(data/media).
All my pics and data is encrypted. HELP!
How can I recover my data?

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
After EUROM is cannot boot.
I flashed miui_MONETGlobal_V12.1.1.0.RJIMIXM_ca34271367_11.0.zip. the original rom. DON'T DO THAT!
It doesn't work either.
And just installed TWRP but now I cannot reach my sdcard(data/media).
All my pics and data is encrypted. HELP!
How can I recover my data?
And-yes!
I've tried this before, data formatting is over.
The factory ROM only works with the factory RECOVERY. Flashing any currently known costum recovery will encrypt the data partition!
Full KO!
I don't have time at the moment, but I could still try (only this takes a long time):
- save full data (sdcard) while the data is still visible :)
- flash the 12.0.2.0.QJIMIXM factory ROM with TWRP after formatting data (allow this ...). Unlock MI (still possible in this ROM)
- Download the factory OTA 12.1.1.0.RJIMIXM update here.
- Save the boot.img with the ADB command line
- patch this with Magisk beta (canary).
- use fastboot flash to put patched boot.img back on the phone
- And see if the phone starts up and is rooted
But then the problem is still that we don't see the benefits of xiaomi eu ROM (miui dialer, message, etc. applications).

vince06fr

Dec 5, 2013
Has any of you tried to reimage the device with the latest Android 11 fastboot image?
Maybe the partitions have been realigned ...

Link to info & download:

I had installed the wrong version of TWRP, the one for vangog and not monet. I realized this because after that, impossible to boot on the system, I just had access to TWRP and fastboot. I then tried to restore the system from TWRP but it refuses it recognizes the phone as a vangog.
I then download the latest version of flashable global miu12 via fastboot for monet from the official site https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/monet/ and installed it via fastboot with the script flashall.sh, reboot and everything was ok. So I installed magisk via fastboot and I was able to root my phone. So we don't really need a custom recovery for jut rooting.

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
Twrp version 14, eu v 12.0.2.0, no problem installing root, works just fine with this versions 👇.
Did nothing special to install rom or magisk. View attachment 5146567View attachment 5146569View attachment 5146567View attachment 5146569View attachment 5146567
What are your honest opinions about eu rom against official global/eea miui rom?

For example battery consumption? Which one is better?

Smoothness? Any lag or other issues?

Thanks in advance

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
I had installed the wrong version of TWRP, the one for vangog and not monet. I realized this because after that, impossible to boot on the system, I just had access to TWRP and fastboot. I then tried to restore the system from TWRP but it refuses it recognizes the phone as a vangog.
I then download the latest version of flashable global miu12 via fastboot for monet from the official site https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/monet/ and installed it via fastboot with the script flashall.sh, reboot and everything was ok. So I installed magisk via fastboot and I was able to root my phone. So we don't really need a custom recovery for jut rooting.
"So I installed magisk via fastboot and I was able to root my phone. "
How to do this? would you describe briefly? just because I'm curious ...

vince06fr

Dec 5, 2013
"So I installed magisk via fastboot and I was able to root my phone. "
How to do this? would you describe briefly? just because I'm curious ...
Nothing magic here, I just followed the documentation.
As stated in the documentation, it is necessary to have a ramdisk in the /boot partition to install Magisk from fastboot and the mi 10t lite happens to meet this requirement.

https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

I get the boot.img from the official Xiaomi rom I have downloaded previously

Last edited:
I had installed the wrong version of TWRP, the one for vangog and not monet. ... reboot and everything was ok. So I installed magisk via fastboot and I was able to root my phone. So we don't really need a custom recovery for jut rooting.

Not sure if it is required anymore but if you or other readers are interested in:
Xiaomi has officially released a Android 11 build for EEA as well as global version of the device.

A great overview about latest available Xiaomi releases could be obtained at this (unofficial) site:

Also xiaomi.eu has released their Android 11 stable ROM based on Xiaomi's global release:

Nickosolki

Jan 12, 2021
I think to install the android 11 version on mi 10 lite and NOT removing twrp you must do it with fastboot which means you must have adb sideload so we must wait for this feature

Tails

Feb 17, 2019
Udine
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Features:
- Decryption works
- Otg works
- Flash Rom works
- F2FS support
- Fastboot boot command support

Not working:
- Fastbootd
- Adb sideload
- Backup restore and image flash (system-vendor-product)
- Android 11 fully support

Download:
TWRP 3.4.0-14 Unofficial by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-12 Unofficial by mauronofrio

To Flash the TWRP:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-xx-xxxxxx-mauronofrio.img
Then reboot in TWRP manually or using a fastboot command.
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-xx-xxxxxx-mauronofrio.img
or
Code:
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
REMEMBER: is important that from fastboot you directly go in TWRP mode or the TWRP will be overwritten.

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
https://github.com/Teamwin/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_xiaomi_monet

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
- Thanks to @bigbiff and @Captain_Throwback for the hard work on this android 10 TWRP
Thanks to all testers on the Telegram Group

Created 2020-09-23
Well...FBE Decryption does not work...what should I do? I've tried all the recoveries available here for my device but...didn't solve the problem

Top Liked Posts