[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdog]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Pro Unified(Test)

Search This thread

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
I would like to try a custom ROM but I need to backup the stock one first. How would I create a nandroid backup if TWRP can't even access the storage due to the encryption bug?
Migrate is probably the best option right now. Although You'll have to use the helper app to restore, and (course) You need Magisk first.

Edit: oh, and it's not a Nandroid type backup. It's just Your apps, data, call history, etc. so not exactly the same thing.

Migrate is probably the best option right now. Although You'll have to use the helper app to restore, and (course) You need Magisk first.

Edit: oh, and it's not a Nandroid type backup. It's just Your apps, data, call history, etc. so not exactly the same thing.

I tried Migrate, and it essentially looks like a decent alternative to TiBu, if not a replacement, even, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. A shame. That's not to say I can't get things back up and running again as before if I decided to revert to OOS, it just requires much more steps, and time. Much more time.

I do appreciate the response, though.

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
I tried Migrate, and it essentially looks like a decent alternative to TiBu, if not a replacement, even, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. A shame. That's not to say I can't get things back up and running again as before if I decided to revert to OOS, it just requires much more steps, and time. Much more time.

I do appreciate the response, though.
True, Migrate is like TiBu replacement (which works;)).
Well then, something I never tried, but should be possible in theory - You boot the non-fully-functional TWRP, You connect a USB drive which is big enough, You open the TWRP terminal and do a bit-to-bit copy of Your entire internal memory to the USB drive using /bin/dd. Just a thought. Never tried it.

Edit: there might be even a way to do this kind of full memory image download to the PC using some combination of redirecting of dd to stdout and downloading it with adb. Not sure how exactly this could be done, but (again) in theory - should be possible :)
Unfortunately all this also requires time... Maybe it's easier with Migrate and then some time spent on reconfiguring.

True, Migrate is like TiBu replacement (which works;)).
Well then, something I never tried, but should be possible in theory - You boot the non-fully-functional TWRP, You connect a USB drive which is big enough, You open the TWRP terminal and do a bit-to-bit copy of Your entire internal memory to the USB drive using /bin/dd. Just a thought. Never tried it.

Edit: there might be even a way to do this kind of full memory image download to the PC using some combination of redirecting of dd to stdout and downloading it with adb. Not sure how exactly this could be done, but (again) in theory - should be possible :)
Unfortunately all this also requires time... Maybe it's easier with Migrate and then some time spent on reconfiguring.

True, either way we go about it, would probably take about the same amount of time (the imaging process might even take longer). /shrug. Who knows?

amitkuliyal

Oct 17, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7T Pro
a question as i couldn't find a proper solution to flashing the recovery like I'm used to in other devices.
Can I simply do " fastboot flash recovery.img" from fastboot and I'll have proper TWRP recovery (by proper i mean oneplus recovery won't replace it on boot)?

a question as i couldn't find a proper solution to flashing the recovery like I'm used to in other devices.
Can I simply do " fastboot flash recovery.img" from fastboot and I'll have proper TWRP recovery (by proper i mean oneplus recovery won't replace it on boot)?

Not really useful to do, as TWRP is nearly broken.

Great news is that new recovery fully support Android 10 but decryption seems to still not work and its broken on hydrogenos 11. Probably things won't be any different on oxygenos 11 when compared to hydrogenos

Yeah, from what I've read that others have reported from the Chinese forums, there hasn't been any luck in that regard, and I am not surprised this is the case, still.

blackalex1

Jan 18, 2016
Any TWRP recovery working with 11 beta ? Updated to official 11 beta (losing TWRP) flashed again my old twrb but was not booting it, showed boot loop.

Then i reflashed beta 11 stock getting stock recovery ...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone