[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdogb]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Unified (Tes)

Search This thread

Roger.T

Nov 13, 2013
Zürich
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Which errors did you exactly get?
That's how it looks.
But that's on the Pixel 2xl Android 10... Screenshot_1970-01-10-02-40-54.jpg

Gesendet von meinem LM-G810 mit Tapatalk

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
I've been able to flash Magisk on my 7 Pro (guacamole) without issues. I'm on Android 10 as well! I only mention this because someone mentioned errors with the Pixel 2 XL, which is odd [emoji848]

Hanuta1

Aug 24, 2019
Anyone managed to install TWRP on the 7T successfully?
If I flash TWRP to boot_b partition nothing happens after I boot into recovery mode.

On boot_a I've my Oxygen OS with Magisk V20.

z215143036

May 15, 2019
I bought a 7TP McLaren and I ROOT it
But Once I flash the EDXP module
Automatically enter FASTBOOT mode after reboot

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro using XDA Labs

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Different partition table, different SoC, encryption handled differently (although I believe that's down to changes in devices that ship with 10 not a OP intended change)

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Yes there are a bit of changes they did, in all cases the decryption is really similar to oneplus 7 pro, the real problem is that i need an android 10 base source to compile the twrp and actually there is not one stable

Reactions: mssngr

King_lilrowrow

Mar 16, 2016
London
Yes there are a bit of changes they did, in all cases the decryption is really similar to oneplus 7 pro, the real problem is that i need an android 10 base source to compile the twrp and actually there is not one stable
Guess it comes down to patience, got to wait for the bring up to be completed for Android 10 and for the source to be worked on until its somewhat stable.

I can vouch for it being a harder task fixing device specific issues when the source your building from itself isn't stable. Just creates more work.

Edit: all I've accomplished on the 7T so far is flashing phh's Q GSI and getting he's Magisk working. (And back to stock locked bootloader again now) That was the same install as on the OnePlus 7 Pro flash IMG to both system slots, disable dm-verity and extract and flash latest stock vbmeta
(Only regression being WiFi)

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rkrishnamurthy

Apr 11, 2005
Hi Guys,

Sorry if the question sounds noob.
i have mine 7T bootloader unlocked. I need a font to support my native language, Can i just boot the TWRP and flash a font Zip file. i dont want to flash TWRP as its not very stable yet.
Is that possible?

Thanks

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
Unlocked the boot loader, booted TRWP but no partitons mounted, so no way to instal magisk. Just a list of system directories Can't transfer magisk up file there as well. TWRP doesn't save it's own settings. Gonna try the no TWRP root guide.

HolyChickenGuy

Jul 30, 2017
www.instagram.com
If i unlock bootloader

wipe the device

boot the twrp

flash magisk

will i face any issues?
Usually not but currently this twrp doesn't support flashing zips or doing anything at all really.

However there is still a way to root.
If you're on a oneplus 7T use this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus-7t-twrp-t3979307

And if you're on a OnePlus 7T Pro use this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t...-3-patched-boot-image-oneplus-7t-pro-t3986351

OnePlus 7T Pro

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
If i unlock bootloader
wipe the device
boot the twrp
flash magisk
will i face any issues?

Trump won't be very happy...

But other than that and if you manage to install magisk via TWRP, i think everyting would be ok.
I had to use a patched 10.0.4 boot magisk file for my euro model. Otherwise would have wifi issues with the 10.0.3 boot file on the GUIDE - root without magisk thread. Check that thread for more info if you do NOT manage to install magisk via TWRP. I wasn't because TWRP wasn't mounting partitons.

kills232

Oct 23, 2019
hi

i managed to get to twrp succesfuly without corrupting rom. but obviously i cannot flash magisk.zip there and not verity disable as well. seems decrypting issue cannot mount /system nor /data (or will data but when the phone is in OOB state)
I wonder is there any flashable zip of rom with root? or is too early. I have gotten the latest updates as of today (got the phone today;)

thanks for work on this TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a place I can throw money at this to get it ironed out? I want to get this thread rolling again, I'm available for testing builds as well. Please fill me in if there's some issue I'm not accounting for, some OnePlus thing maybe.
    This one is fully working with stock AOSP (OOS as well without decryption), and this is also where updated builds for A11 will be. And unlike the Chinese one, this one is actually open-source and updated with the latest TWRP sources.

TWRP devs are working hard to bring TWRP for Android 11, either we wait or contribute ourselves.
    Is there a place I can throw money at this to get it ironed out? I want to get this thread rolling again, I'm available for testing builds as well. Please fill me in if there's some issue I'm not accounting for, some OnePlus thing maybe.
    Most of us use Chinese TWRP which works fine for custom roms based on A10 blobs (even if some rom functioned and called a11 like latest Statix). Newest Derp, OOS11, and Yaap roms are based on A11 blobs so data decryption is broken so you can back up all except data partition. This TWRP is avail on Telegram, AFH, and Sourceforge (search for matt0301 keyword)
    I'm not too excited about using unofficial builds, especially from just random places. No offense to that developer, you just never know. Getting everyone together to fund an official TWRP incentive would be best to get other official rom support (I'm guessing). Just a random's two cents though, I'm just a dummy with some munny.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots;
    - Fastboot boot is working;
    - Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS);
    - System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it's not a big problem;
    - You can flash ROMs;
    - Format Data is broken;
    - You can flash magisk

Install guide (Reccomended):
    Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
    To flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-5 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio
    Stock Recovery

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_hotdog_unified_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the testers @houmles and @ChrisFeiveel84

Created 2019-10-02
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro (hotdog unified) by mauronofrio:
    - Removed decryption at all for now (actually after decrypted the rom is not more able to decrypt anymore, so you have to format data to boot a rom).
    - System, vendor, product and odm mount is working.
    - Magisk is flashable, so people can use TWRP to flash magisk.
    - Rom flashing is a bit broken, the process start but at the ends it breaks at all super partition and then you have to restore the rom with msmtool, so for now is disabled.
    - Basic functions are working.

TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed Decryption on custom roms (still broken on Oxygen OS);
    Added unified script;
    ROM flashing is working;
    System, vendor and others logical partitions can't be mounted (it's not a problem for the others things);
    Magisk and kernels can be easily flashed;
    Fixed TWRP flashing, now you can flash the TWRP directly in the recovery partition from fastboot.

TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio

P.S.
    I want to thank the testing group for their continuous work
    @mauronofrio I see that last commits on Gerrit are devoted to decription. Does it mean that you're closer to classic version which all of us wait for?

Yes
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro McLaren (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed a problem of ROM flashing, now you should be able to flash all ROMs.

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone