[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdogb]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Unified (Tes)

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
It's funny how they delayed the 7 series update, because of the 7T decription issue, so that they wouldn't have to release it before 7T.

I don't find it surprising, though, that they have not fixed the original issue, since most likely this would have had required a full data wipe, which in a real world isn't really something to do.

They should have had, hower, offered a way to get this working, like I remember they did something similar for 3/3T where after an update they changed data from ext4 to f2fs, but only if you wiped. So whoever wanted the change, could get it by wiping.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
but does this twrp decrypt custom oses? If it does it may not be the hardware issue
Because it's far, far more complicated than that. There's a lot of stuff implement specifically for OOS i.e widevine for example. Same thing with encryption. Of course there's a way to decrypting OOS but without the actual source of the recovery or OOS there isn't much we can do other than trial and error.

thohac

Dec 3, 2014
I really thinking it's a hardware problem they don't want to admit to.why else would they not fix it.im thinking about starting twitter now lmao
I don't believe so. Encryption is handled by the Qcom chip that's in many other devices. Some clueless developer must have configured some non-standard encryption and they are now stuck with it because they don't want to force a data-wipe when updating from A10 to 11.

a g bell

Mar 23, 2011
blackpool
I don't believe so. Encryption is handled by the Qcom chip that's in many other devices. Some clueless developer must have configured some non-standard encryption and they are now stuck with it because they don't want to force a data-wipe when updating from A10 to 11.
If that's the case they need to give us the option l did a clean wipe anyway going from one android version to another.

thohac

Dec 3, 2014
I've been trying to disable dm-verity and make the system partition on A11 RW and in the process I've noticed something interesting.
The partitions on A11 are configured with an ext4 extended attribute for read-only filesystems called "shared_blocks"
tune2fs lists
Filesystem features: ext_attr dir_index filetype extent sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize shared_blocks

e2fsck -E unshare_blocks can make the filesystem RW however there is not enough free space to clone the blocks.
Could twrp on A11 be hanging because it doesn't know what to do with this attribute?

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
Because when l bought my 7t it didnt say decryption is broken on this device on the box. That should be as good enough reason as any🤔As l bought thinking all is fine
It never said hardware backed safety net is broken either, but I doubt you wanna return your phone because of that. The phone works, along with the software.

a g bell

Mar 23, 2011
blackpool
It never said hardware backed safety net is broken either, but I doubt you wanna return your phone because of that. The phone works, along with the software.
No but it would nice if my phone worked like the oneplus 7/pro the oneplus nord the OnePlus 8 etc. My phone is defective compared these devices and it needs fixing to at least work as other devices do.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
I've been trying to disable dm-verity and make the system partition on A11 RW and in the process I've noticed something interesting.
The partitions on A11 are configured with an ext4 extended attribute for read-only filesystems called "shared_blocks"
tune2fs lists
Filesystem features: ext_attr dir_index filetype extent sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize shared_blocks

e2fsck -E unshare_blocks can make the filesystem RW however there is not enough free space to clone the blocks.
Could twrp on A11 be hanging because it doesn't know what to do with this attribute?
No. It probably just needs a newer kernel alongside updated blobs.
And as for the second thing, looks here
, not sure if it's possible on stock. If you do it however it might be possible to use the unshare blocks command.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
No but it would nice if my phone worked like the oneplus 7/pro the oneplus nord the OnePlus 8 etc. My phone is defective compared these devices and it needs fixing to at least work as other devices do.
It's defective....as in not being able to decrypt data using a third party recovery? ..

No point of me to continue this discussion, or whatever it was...

Last edited: