[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdogb]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Unified (Tes)

Search This thread

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Is there something that people can't use 3.4 to accomplish? What's the point of jumping over to TWRP 3.5 at this time? Not holding my breath for decryption to ever work on my 7T anyway
3.4 was never meant for devices launched with Android 10. 3.5 is however, and has full support for dynamic partitions. It also supports other things like fastbootd, apex and some other general things.

I guess you could be fine with 3.4, but I really don't see why you wouldn't wanna jump to 3.5.
All new releases will be 3.5 either way, mauronfrio is just busy rebasing his tree(s) for A10 and A11.

Last edited:
3.4 was never meant for devices launched with Android 10. 3.5 is however, and has full support for dynamic partitions. It also supports other things like fastbootd, apex and some other general things.

I guess you could be fine with 3.4, but I really don't see why you wouldn't wanna jump to 3.5.
All new releases will be 3.5 either way, mauronfrio is just busy rebasing his tree(s) for A10 and A11.
So Mauro is really working on it? Anybody seen it?

For the 8/Pro/T, it's much easier for him to test since he owns the device. But once it's done there the tree should easily be replicated got this series.

I know about 8 series. I'am asking if you are sure about your words " mauronfrio is just busy rebasing his tree(s) for A10 and A11 ". Last time I've been on his TG group, i was told he is not working on recovery for any device anymore.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
I know about 8 series. I'am asking if you are sure about your words " mauronfrio is just busy rebasing his tree(s) for A10 and A11 ". Last time I've been on his TG group, i was told he is not working on recovery for any device anymore.
I'm going by what I see in the slack group.
Scroll up in the 8 series room) where the actual testing happens.

I am not in the TG group so I'm not sure what's been said. But keep in mind that he does have a personal life, so he might very well be too busy with it.

Last edited:

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
I will have my hands on the 7T HD1900 soon, What would be the best way to install TWRP and flash a custom rom ? I'm very confused with all the comments. Is that possible to install A10 and A11 custom rom ? a recent tuto would be appreciated. If I mess up by flashing TWRP and custom rom, is the device can be unbrick at anytime using MSMtool ? I'm from the LG G2 and the OP3, that was the paradise custom rom devices...

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
In the worse case if I brick the phone trying to flash a custom rom and messing with the partition or other stuff, does fastboot mode will always be accessible and flashing the stock rom possible ? thanks for your answer

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020
Redmi Note 8
In the worse case I brick the phone trying to flash a custom rom and messing with the partition or other stuff, does fastboot mode will always be accessible and flashing the stock rom possible ? thanks for your answer
In my experience with 7T, I bricked the phone the first night doing custom roms and used fastboot mode to flash the stock rom. It was able to boot again like normal.

The twrp instructions here are good. Just don't be surprised if you try to open your data partition while using OxygenOS because it won't even open from twrp.

Are you flashing from a computer? Do you have an otg cable or adapter?

Reactions: Poluux

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
In my experience with 7T, I bricked the phone the first night doing custom roms and used fastboot mode to flash the stock rom. It was able to boot again like normal.

The twrp instructions here are good. Just don't be surprised if you try to open your data partition while using OxygenOS because it won't even open from twrp.

Are you flashing from a computer? Do you have an otg cable or adapter?

I guess in some way it's a good thing that we can't access to the data from TWRP for security reason. TWRP on the Oneplus 3 asked for a pin or pattern in order to enter into it. Not sure that version can do. I will backup all important data before flashing any rom. I don't have the phone yet but I will do everything from a computer. I will try to follow this instructions or install custom rom using fastbootd. Thanks !

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
In the worse case if I brick the phone trying to flash a custom rom and messing with the partition or other stuff, does fastboot mode will always be accessible and flashing the stock rom possible ? thanks for your answer
In my experience the answer to your question is yes. Fastboot has always been available by pressing vol +/- and power.

Dec 13, 2020
Redmi Note 8
I guess in some way it's a good thing that we can't access to the data from TWRP for security reason. TWRP on the Oneplus 3 asked for a pin or pattern in order to enter into it. Not sure that version can do. I will backup all important data before flashing any rom. I don't have the phone yet but I will do everything from a computer. I will try to follow this instructions or install custom rom using fastbootd. Thanks !
Sounds good. If you get in a pinch, like a bootloop, mauro put this together to recover stock rom

Reactions: Poluux and 14christ

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
Sounds good. If you get in a pinch, like a bootloop, mauro put this together to recover stock rom

I understand a lot better now why the whole process changed ;)

santa leone

Nov 12, 2016
HEIDELBERG
Why OxygenOS on the Oneplus 7T? Only problems with decryption (A10). Security updates more than 2 months late. I use Derpfest (A11) on the 7T. And with a suitable TWRP I always have an up-to-date image with active Magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successfully installed TWRP but somehow I cannot transfer data from pc to device. Can anyone please help?
    What data? Decryption is not working.
    You can only transfer temporarily to /cache or /tmp, but it'll be erased when rebooting.
    Did anyone ever see and answer this? I never got a response notification, and looked through but haven't found a reply

Also is there any update to the twrp since I first downloaded & installed?

I'm using 3.4.0.2 which seems to be the latest, but wondering if it has been patched at all?
    I loose hope. I started looking for new phone because of this TWRP problem. No progress till now
    I've just figured out other ways of backing up, it's not as nice as twrp which is basically my magisk module Uninstaller at this point. But I am hoping it's not going to be 100%dropped, I plan on owning this phone for a few years
    I love this phone so much too but lack of TWRP is so annoying. Probably gonna switch to 8 pro once prices are lower or to pixel
    I love this phone so much too but lack of TWRP is so annoying. Probably gonna switch to 8 pro once prices are lower or to pixel
    If you use custom rom, which in my opinion is much better than oos, twrp works just fine. I use Derpfest and twrp is an excellent tool that I couldn't live without.
    I believe that is because Omnirom is oos based. Try an aosp based rom like Derpfest and it should work just fine. 👍
    ...Omni rom is aosp ?
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots;
    - Fastboot boot is working;
    - Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS);
    - System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it's not a big problem;
    - You can flash ROMs;
    - Format Data is broken;
    - You can flash magisk

Install guide (Reccomended):
    Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
    To flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-5 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio
    Stock Recovery

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_hotdog_unified_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the testers @houmles and @ChrisFeiveel84

Created 2019-10-02
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro (hotdog unified) by mauronofrio:
    - Removed decryption at all for now (actually after decrypted the rom is not more able to decrypt anymore, so you have to format data to boot a rom).
    - System, vendor, product and odm mount is working.
    - Magisk is flashable, so people can use TWRP to flash magisk.
    - Rom flashing is a bit broken, the process start but at the ends it breaks at all super partition and then you have to restore the rom with msmtool, so for now is disabled.
    - Basic functions are working.

TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed Decryption on custom roms (still broken on Oxygen OS);
    Added unified script;
    ROM flashing is working;
    System, vendor and others logical partitions can't be mounted (it's not a problem for the others things);
    Magisk and kernels can be easily flashed;
    Fixed TWRP flashing, now you can flash the TWRP directly in the recovery partition from fastboot.

TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio

P.S.
    I want to thank the testing group for their continuous work
    @mauronofrio I see that last commits on Gerrit are devoted to decription. Does it mean that you're closer to classic version which all of us wait for?

Yes
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro McLaren (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed a problem of ROM flashing, now you should be able to flash all ROMs.

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone