• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdogb]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Unified (Tes)

Search This thread

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Did anyone ever see and answer this? I never got a response notification, and looked through but haven't found a reply

Also is there any update to the twrp since I first downloaded & installed?

I'm using 3.4.0.2 which seems to be the latest, but wondering if it has been patched at all?

Did anyone ever see and answer this? I never got a response notification, and looked through but haven't found a reply

Also is there any update to the twrp since I first downloaded & installed?

I'm using 3.4.0.2 which seems to be the latest, but wondering if it has been patched at all?
I loose hope. I started looking for new phone because of this TWRP problem. No progress till now

Reactions: stovo06
I've just figured out other ways of backing up, it's not as nice as twrp which is basically my magisk module Uninstaller at this point. But I am hoping it's not going to be 100%dropped, I plan on owning this phone for a few years
I love this phone so much too but lack of TWRP is so annoying. Probably gonna switch to 8 pro once prices are lower or to pixel

Reactions: Bradford1040

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
I am using a custom rom! LineageOS 17.1 unofficial because of hotdogg! Build

And it doesn't work

I don't know how to fully fix it myself, but a few friends helped me and asked if I could inform the dev about these links in the linked op

But on top of that, I just had a system failure (mostly my fault) and tried to restore, and it didn't work

Last edited:
Successfully installed TWRP but somehow I cannot transfer data from pc to device. Can anyone please help?

If you mean the /data partition, I'm not sure how you managed to back that up, or how you're going to restore that, as encryption on this device is borked and TWRP can't access it.

If you're referring to your files you copied from the device via MTP/file transfer, there isn't anything different from A10 or OOS, other than just enabling file transfer as before. Could you elaborate what the issue you're having is?

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
If you mean the /data partition, I'm not sure how you managed to back that up, or how you're going to restore that, as encryption on this device is borked and TWRP can't access it.

If you're referring to your files you copied from the device via MTP/file transfer, there isn't anything different from A10 or OOS, other than just enabling file transfer as before. Could you elaborate what the issue you're having is?
Yeah I was able to back my OS up on HD1925 hotdogg with this Twrp, BBBUUUTT, lol, when I borked my system up (and had the pin set) restoration wasn't possible! Ended up causing hours of wasted time.

Yeah I was able to back my OS up on HD1925 hotdogg with this Twrp, BBBUUUTT, lol, when I borked my system up (and had the pin set) restoration wasn't possible! Ended up causing hours of wasted time.

I think disabling any kind of screen lock might fix the TWRP issue, but I haven't ever tried that, and even then, I think it only works with the Chinese port.

Reactions: 14christ

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
Is there a place I can throw money at this to get it ironed out? I want to get this thread rolling again, I'm available for testing builds as well. Please fill me in if there's some issue I'm not accounting for, some OnePlus thing maybe.

Reactions: Eddiemc and rob420p

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Most of us use Chinese TWRP which works fine for custom roms based on A10 blobs (even if some rom functioned and called a11 like latest Statix). Newest Derp, OOS11, and Yaap roms are based on A11 blobs so data decryption is broken so you can back up all except data partition. This TWRP is avail on Telegram, AFH, and Sourceforge (search for matt0301 keyword)

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
Most of us use Chinese TWRP which works fine for custom roms based on A10 blobs (even if some rom functioned and called a11 like latest Statix). Newest Derp, OOS11, and Yaap roms are based on A11 blobs so data decryption is broken so you can back up all except data partition. This TWRP is avail on Telegram, AFH, and Sourceforge (search for matt0301 keyword)
I'm not too excited about using unofficial builds, especially from just random places. No offense to that developer, you just never know. Getting everyone together to fund an official TWRP incentive would be best to get other official rom support (I'm guessing). Just a random's two cents though, I'm just a dummy with some munny.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
OnePlus 7T Pro
Is there a place I can throw money at this to get it ironed out? I want to get this thread rolling again, I'm available for testing builds as well. Please fill me in if there's some issue I'm not accounting for, some OnePlus thing maybe.
This one is fully working with stock AOSP (OOS as well without decryption), and this is also where updated builds for A11 will be. And unlike the Chinese one, this one is actually open-source and updated with the latest TWRP sources.

TWRP devs are working hard to bring TWRP for Android 11, either we wait or contribute ourselves.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots;
    - Fastboot boot is working;
    - Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS);
    - System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it's not a big problem;
    - You can flash ROMs;
    - Format Data is broken;
    - You can flash magisk

Install guide (Reccomended):
    Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
    To flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-5 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio
    Stock Recovery

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_hotdog_unified_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the testers @houmles and @ChrisFeiveel84

Created 2019-10-02
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro (hotdog unified) by mauronofrio:
    - Removed decryption at all for now (actually after decrypted the rom is not more able to decrypt anymore, so you have to format data to boot a rom).
    - System, vendor, product and odm mount is working.
    - Magisk is flashable, so people can use TWRP to flash magisk.
    - Rom flashing is a bit broken, the process start but at the ends it breaks at all super partition and then you have to restore the rom with msmtool, so for now is disabled.
    - Basic functions are working.

TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed Decryption on custom roms (still broken on Oxygen OS);
    Added unified script;
    ROM flashing is working;
    System, vendor and others logical partitions can't be mounted (it's not a problem for the others things);
    Magisk and kernels can be easily flashed;
    Fixed TWRP flashing, now you can flash the TWRP directly in the recovery partition from fastboot.

TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio

P.S.
    I want to thank the testing group for their continuous work
    @mauronofrio I see that last commits on Gerrit are devoted to decription. Does it mean that you're closer to classic version which all of us wait for?

Yes
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro McLaren (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed a problem of ROM flashing, now you should be able to flash all ROMs.

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio