Fastboot boot "boot" "recovery".img temporarily installs the modified version that your trying to use until next reboot. But device must support it and you must be using correct img for your device. What are you trying to do anyway
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
- TWRP boots;
- Fastboot boot is working;
- Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS);
- System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it's not a big problem;
- You can flash ROMs;
- Format Data is broken;
- You can flash magisk
Install guide (Reccomended):
Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
TWRP 3.3.1-25 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro (hotdog unified) by mauronofrio:
- Removed decryption at all for now (actually after decrypted the rom is not more able to decrypt anymore, so you have to format data to boot a rom).
- System, vendor, product and odm mount is working.
- Magisk is flashable, so people can use TWRP to flash magisk.
- Rom flashing is a bit broken, the process start but at the ends it breaks at all super partition and then you have to restore the rom with msmtool, so for now is disabled.
- Basic functions are working.
TWRP 3.3.1-43 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
Fixed Decryption on custom roms (still broken on Oxygen OS);
Added unified script;
ROM flashing is working;
System, vendor and others logical partitions can't be mounted (it's not a problem for the others things);
Magisk and kernels can be easily flashed;
Fixed TWRP flashing, now you can flash the TWRP directly in the recovery partition from fastboot.