[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][hotdogb]Unofficial TWRP recovery for OnePlus 7T Unified (Tes)

Search This thread

nagi_007pk

Aug 23, 2012
OnePlus 7T

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Moto G 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've run into a problem with TWRP, and issues are disabled on the repo so I'm posting it here. Using the sdcardfs build I can decrypt /data but can't make any backups. Attempting to backup /data to internal or USB storage fails with "createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255". The recovery log shows:

I:addFile '/data/vendor' including root: 1 ==> set selinux context: u:object_r:vendor_data_file:s0 failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/vendor' - '0a02f0f0000000000000000000000000'

Base OS: OOS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA
Current ROM: LineageOS 18.1 nightly May 16, 2021
MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412

Attachments

• recovery.log.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 16

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I've run into a problem with TWRP, and issues are disabled on the repo so I'm posting it here. Using the sdcardfs build I can decrypt /data but can't make any backups. Attempting to backup /data to internal or USB storage fails with "createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255". The recovery log shows:

I:addFile '/data/vendor' including root: 1 ==> set selinux context: u:object_r:vendor_data_file:s0 failed to lookup fscrypt tar policy for '/data/vendor' - '0a02f0f0000000000000000000000000'

Base OS: OOS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA
Current ROM: LineageOS 18.1 nightly May 16, 2021
MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412
Twrp can't decrypt oos11, ever

Magichost

Apr 12, 2021
Can I flash magisk and root my phone using this twrp on Android 11 (latest build) on t-mobile OnePlus 7t? I don't have a PC so my rooting options are limited to bugjaeger adb app using Android to Android via OTG USB cable.

Fo4fun

Jun 14, 2021
Noob question but, I want to root my phone. It's running Lineageos 18.1 with Android 11 ... is this possible or not? and if not how long can we wait to see a result? because twrp seems to have a bit of a problem for me, anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance

TWRP works for my phone, however it cannot decrypt my data, what am I doing wrong? I reset and everything and it's still the same, how can I fix this

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots;
    - Fastboot boot is working;
    - Decryption is working (except for Oxygen OS);
    - System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is not working but it's not a big problem;
    - You can flash ROMs;
    - Format Data is broken;
    - You can flash magisk

Install guide (Reccomended):
    Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
    To flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-5 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio
    Stock Recovery

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_hotdog_unified_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the testers @houmles and @ChrisFeiveel84

Created 2019-10-02
    TWRP 3.3.1-25 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro (hotdog unified) by mauronofrio:
    - Removed decryption at all for now (actually after decrypted the rom is not more able to decrypt anymore, so you have to format data to boot a rom).
    - System, vendor, product and odm mount is working.
    - Magisk is flashable, so people can use TWRP to flash magisk.
    - Rom flashing is a bit broken, the process start but at the ends it breaks at all super partition and then you have to restore the rom with msmtool, so for now is disabled.
    - Basic functions are working.

TWRP 3.3.1-25 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-43 for OnePlus 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed Decryption on custom roms (still broken on Oxygen OS);
    Added unified script;
    ROM flashing is working;
    System, vendor and others logical partitions can't be mounted (it's not a problem for the others things);
    Magisk and kernels can be easily flashed;
    Fixed TWRP flashing, now you can flash the TWRP directly in the recovery partition from fastboot.

TWRP 3.3.1-43 Test by mauronofrio

P.S.
    I want to thank the testing group for their continuous work
    @mauronofrio I see that last commits on Gerrit are devoted to decription. Does it mean that you're closer to classic version which all of us wait for?

Yes
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro/7T Pro McLaren (hotdog) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed a problem of ROM flashing, now you should be able to flash all ROMs.

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio