[RECOVERY][3.4.0-2][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8 Unified (Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rahulcasper

Jan 11, 2015
New Delhi
OnePlus 8
Can I flash the oos version I already am on without issues by just booting the TWRP and flashing the official zip? or do I need to change slots after flashing? I wanted to get the stock kernel back because I forgot to backup

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Can I flash the oos version I already am on without issues by just booting the TWRP and flashing the official zip? or do I need to change slots after flashing? I wanted to get the stock kernel back because I forgot to backup
I flashed it through the update section in settings and it worked but I'll still like to know whether if I can use the TWRP in the future and if yes, do I need to do something with the slots?

rahulcasper

Jan 11, 2015
New Delhi
OnePlus 8
Hi, you might remember me messing up my phone a few months back and looking for help on your forums. Since then it has been alright but I had noticed whenever it was turn to flash update to B slot, it would flash normally via system update and I'd install magisk on inactive slot and It would fail to boot once or twice but would then boot in the third or fourth attempt. This wouldn't happen on the A slot. Right now I installed 10.5.10 INDIAN update and again it was slot B's turn and this time it wouldn't Boot at all. It keep trying to boot (Stays on the screen which says bootloader is unlocked) and after 7-8 tries it automatically switchess slot and boots in the old OS. So basically I cant flash any update rn and am stuck on slot A.

Also when I had messed up my phone months back, it was on slot B and TWRP wouldnt recognise any partitions on it and nor did the fastboot roms work until I switched slots and locked and unlocked bootloader again. Do you think my slot B is permanently damaged? Is there any way to reformat it properly? @mauronofrio

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Hi, you might remember me messing up my phone a few months back and looking for help on your forums. Since then it has been alright but I had noticed whenever it was turn to flash update to B slot, it would flash normally via system update and I'd install magisk on inactive slot and It would fail to boot once or twice but would then boot in the third or fourth attempt. This wouldn't happen on the A slot. Right now I installed 10.5.10 INDIAN update and again it was slot B's turn and this time it wouldn't Boot at all. It keep trying to boot (Stays on the screen which says bootloader is unlocked) and after 7-8 tries it automatically switchess slot and boots in the old OS. So basically I cant flash any update rn and am stuck on slot A.

Also when I had messed up my phone months back, it was on slot B and TWRP wouldnt recognise any partitions on it and nor did the fastboot roms work until I switched slots and locked and unlocked bootloader again. Do you think my slot B is permanently damaged? Is there any way to reformat it properly? @mauronofrio

Update : also this 10.5.10 update hasn't come on the phone automatically and nor has been updated in the xda threads where these are maintained. I downloaded via oxygen updater app. Could this be because of faulty update?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Update : also this 10.5.10 update hasn't come on the phone automatically and nor has been updated in the xda threads where these are maintained. I downloaded via oxygen updater app. Could this be because of faulty update?

Update again : I flashed the 10.5.9 to see if ot would boot on slot B and it did.
I flashed the 10.5.10 update now from slot B to boot into slot A and this time ot did work I don't know how. It still took 3 reboots on that screen but it did boot (though I also changed the update file as I downloaded this one from the xda news update instead of using the oxygen updater file.) Idk if it was the problem with the file or still something about my phone but I did manage to update to the latest version after all the hastle I mentioned above lol.

I only have 2 questions now -
1. Is it normal to get stuck on the (bootloader is locked) screen for 2-3 reboots after every update because this happens to me everytime.
2. Is there something wrong with my phone slots?

Last edited:

slavke1976

Dec 11, 2008
Tavankut
Hello.
I have OP8. To flash twrp we need to flash the 2 partitions a and b?

I came from xiaomi mi9t pro and there is much easier.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Update again : I flashed the 10.5.9 to see if ot would boot on slot B and it did.
I flashed the 10.5.10 update now from slot B to boot into slot A and this time ot did work I don't know how. It still took 3 reboots on that screen but it did boot (though I also changed the update file as I downloaded this one from the xda news update instead of using the oxygen updater file.) Idk if it was the problem with the file or still something about my phone but I did manage to update to the latest version after all the hastle I mentioned above lol.

1. Is it normal to get stuck on the (bootloader is locked) screen for 2-3 reboots after every update because this happens to me everytime.
2. Is there something wrong with my phone slots?[/QUOTE]
did you disable all magisk mods before you flashed and restore boot image in magisk before ota you may need to flash without root and pull magisk patched boot

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
2. Is there something wrong with my phone slots?[/QUOTE]
did you disable all magisk mods before you flashed and restore boot image in magisk before ota you may need to flash without root and pull magisk patched boot[/QUOTE]
1:No it isn't normal
2:dont think its slots its your boot like kernel like a bad flash i had no modem i flashed everything nothing worked im not the best but i have tested alot and messed alot up so i did this sounds crazy :download the beta dp2 here https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8/how-to/oneplus-8-repo-oxygen-os-builds-t4084233 and i downloaded the downgrade zip it wipes it but did uninsall all magisk mods rebooted then hit uninstall in magisk to restore boot img its needed dont reboot settings local flash beta zip then youll be on 11 then did local downgrade same way it fixed every issue

rahulcasper

Jan 11, 2015
New Delhi
OnePlus 8
So you mean to say after flashing the OTA I shouldn't install magisk in the other slot and wait for it to boot and only then flash a patched boot image to get root back after it has booted in the other slot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts