[RECOVERY][3.5.0-0][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP Xiaomi POCO X3 [surya][karna]

Search This thread

temporarium

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
Orange Fox Recovery - after a long time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001_123222.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001_123222.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 93

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Orange Fox Recovery - after a long time.

Really? So Orange Fox is not a dead project as many people say...

You didn't want to include a link?

Probably it should be better to post a link in the dedicated topic, after the permission by the developers of OF. Anyway there's no section for Surya on Orange Fox home, so it's not official. I'll continue like in this last year, TWRP.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
... Orange Fox is not a dead project as many people say...better to post a link in the dedicated topic...
The filename has 'Unofficial' mentioned in it, so this is clearly an unofficial release. I got this pic from someone else. I don't have a link and I guess link, if any, would be a telegram link, which does not seem to be welcome on XDA.

Reactions: Pumpino and PYCON

temporarium

Surya LOS maintainer recently went OTR on the support channel to state that TWRP has been abandoned, too, so we can only expect unofficial releases... 😿
Seriously, guys, what's with all this obsession about constant development? If something works, why fix it and break it? Especially something like recovery. If yours works to flash a new ROM (or backup and restore), what else do you need? You don't spend all your day in recovery, do you? It's like a hammer. Any old piece of metal on a handle will work to do the job.

Pumpino

Seriously, guys, what's with all this obsession about constant development? If something works, why fix it and break it? Especially something like recovery. If yours works to flash a new ROM (or backup and restore), what else do you need? You don't spend all your day in recovery, do you? It's like a hammer. Any old piece of metal on a handle will work to do the job.
People that flash custom ROMs often do it because they want the latest and greatest, so it's not surprising that they want the most recent custom recovery.

Aside from that, I suppose it's possible that a custom recovery could stop functioning following a major Android release, so knowing that TWRP is being maintained for the device is helpful.

I don't think TWRP for Surya has ever got to the point where it's perfect. I know at one point, it was possible to backup the data partition but not the system partition. Can someone advise if that's still the case?

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Anyway, a part TWRP 3.7.0 26.09.22 that broke my recovery partition, the latest one seems to be TWRP 3.7.0 29.09.22 FBEV2. Somebody installed it? It works? No boot issues?

Top Liked Posts