• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][3.5.0-0][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP Xiaomi POCO X3 [surya][karna]

Search This thread

kvdbx

Jun 24, 2021
Which ROM are you trying to install?

In most cases this worked:

Install MIUI based on Android 11 in fastboot mode, unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, flash ROM, format "Data", restart.
This might answer my older question (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...omi-poco-x3-surya-karna.4168511/post-85231939) too.
I've currently got the stock MIUI Android 10 rom(12.0.8.0) running. The updater allows me to upgrade to 12.0.9.0, which is still android 10.
So would these steps then allow me to flash lineageos android 11 for poco x3 nfc?
- Download from https://xiaomirom.com/en/rom/poco-x3-nfc-surya-global-fastboot-recovery-rom/ and flash V12.0.1.0.RJGMIXM based on android 11.
- (already unloaded, so skipping that step)
- flash TWRP
- flash lineageos
- format data

Redmamba

Jun 18, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A10
IMG-20210710-WA0000.jpg

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
Reactions: pnin and ibrahm24

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
FYI, latest @brigudav builds are at https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322792...

For TWRP, this currently means 'twrp-3.5.2_10-3-surya.img' (any changelog pointers appreciated, BTW).
Does anyone know why the latest 3.5.2_10-5 version at sourceforge and at androidfilehost has the same file size but is very different (just compare them with a binary editor) ?

FYI, when I first posted the SF.net link the file didn't exist at AFH.

So, I don't have an answer for this, but IMHO the file at SF.net was posted by a third party while the AFH repo appears to be under brigudav's own management -- so I'd trust the later a wee bit more. :unsure:

temporarium

So, I don't have an answer for this, but IMHO the file at SF.net was posted by a third party while the AFH repo appears to be under brigudav's own management -- so I'd trust the later a wee bit more. :unsure:
Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of that going on: people taking someone else's project and reposting it as their own, without giving credit where credit is due.

sturges

Apr 14, 2021

There shouldn't be any binary differences for the same version, but there are... maybe (maybe) the SF version has malicious code in it?

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
There shouldn't be any binary differences for the same version, but there are... maybe (maybe) the SF version has malicious code in it?

I would sooner bet brigudav made some minor changes but didn't care to update the version numbering...

After all, I have been running the SF.net build without any unintended effects and it mentions brigudav's the author in the About info.

Sure, I'll be updating to the AFH build ASAP but meanwhile just wanted to let you know that.

pipin18

Apr 29, 2013

I see there is an update by brigudav to twrp-3.5.2_10-7-surya. Has anyone tried this or know what the change log consists of.​

paradøx

Apr 16, 2021
I'm wondering about that too. I thought it was the one posted on Telegram in august, which has "POCO/omni_surya/surya:20.1.0/QQ3A.200805.001/brigudav08072027:eng" and fixed handling of Super partition.

That twrp-3.5.2_10-7-surya is apparently newer since it has "POCO/omni_surya/surya:20.1.0/QQ3A.200805.001/brigudav09030853:eng".

stephtban

I see there is an update by brigudav to twrp-3.5.2_10-7-surya. Has anyone tried this or know what the change log consists of.​

I'm wondering about that too. I thought it was the one posted on Telegram in august, which has "POCO/omni_surya/surya:20.1.0/QQ3A.200805.001/brigudav08072027:eng" and fixed handling of Super partition.

That twrp-3.5.2_10-7-surya is apparently newer since it has "POCO/omni_surya/surya:20.1.0/QQ3A.200805.001/brigudav09030853:eng".

Changelog:
• Included all changes from beta versions 3.5.2_10-5 and 3.5.2_10-5 07.08
• twrp settings moved to /persist section (formatting data will not reset the settings)
• Safetynet-fix update for MIUI
• And minor tweaks from the official repo

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
Anyone has the changelog for brigudav's new twrp-3.5.2_10-8 ? I couldn't find it on telegram

ibrahm24

May 13, 2021
can i upgrade twrp to 3.5.2.10-8 by flashing it in my current twrp (10-7) or does it break the rom (lineageos) somehow? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FhyYdf7R.png

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Features:
    - Touch Works in all states (No matter about lockscreen there or not)
    - Decryption works
    - Otg works
    - Flash Rom works
    - F2FS support
    - Fastboot boot command support

Not working:
    - Fastbootd
    - Adb sideload
    - Backup restore and image flash (system-vendor-product)

INSTALLATION:
    1. Download the TWRP image file to your PC.
    2. Put your device into fastboot.
    3. Type the following command to flash the recovery:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery "name_of_recovery.img"
    4. On installation of TWRP , to boot the recovery do:-
    Code:
    fastboot boot "name_of_recovery.img"
    The device will automatically reboot into TWRP, and you will have TWRP as your permanent recovery!
    5. Enjoy!

Download:
    TWRP By mahajant99

Donation:
    PayPal: PayPal.me/mhjn950
    UPI: [email protected]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    mahajant99
    Source Code: https://github.com/mahajant99/device_xiaomi_surya_twrp

Version Information
    Beta
    Beta Release Date: 2020-09-26

Created 2020-09-26
    Last Updated 2021-01-02
    02/01/2021

Changelog:

Synced with latest source changes
    • Add Support for karna
    • Fixed Decryption issue
    • Built kernel from source
    Could you upload it somewhere?
    I uploaded latest brigudav's TWRP 3.6.0_10-0 and 3.5.2_10-12.
    Latest @brigudav 'twrp-3.5.2_10-10-surya.img' build up at https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=329007...

Changelog (from MOD EDIT: Link Removed):

Changelog:
    • Some fixes from "android-11" branch.
    • Fixed for TWRP stuck on Android 12.
    • Optimized code and installation patches.

Bugs:
    • Decrypt on Android 12 not working

Only for POCO X3/NFC
    Changelog for 3.6.0_10-1 here ...
    • Add support for installation realme/OPPO OTA
    • Update custom makefiles to golang modules
    • Sepolicy updates
    • Encryption updates for a11
    • Vendor kernel module loader
    • Virtual A/B updates
    • Snapshot merges
    • Repacker warnings
    • F2fs formatting fixes
    • Symlink dynamic partitions in bootdevice
    • Add num template for PIN input
    • Ignore A12 XML files binary format
    • Add support of A12 keymasterkeyblob files structure
    • Keymaster restore: warn when pin, password or pattern is enabled
    • New flashing method for recovery as boot devices: Advanced > flash current twrp
    • Factory wipe and mtp fixes
    • Add indonesian language
    • Update Russian language
    • Add canceldecrypt page
    • Fixes
      - Fix parsing get_args for wiping cache
      - Vendor hal fixes
      - Fix samsung haptics
      - Digest check fixes
      - Ozip decrypt fixes
      - Change how blank screen works
      - FBE Encryption fixes