• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][3.5.0_9-0][teak]Unofficial TWRP recovery for Sony Xperia XA1 Plus

Search This thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

C:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

What working:
  • Normal and Encrypted backup and restore
  • Install flashable zip
  • ADB sideload
  • Mount almost every partitions
  • Turn off TWRP app promt because I'm not gonna make this offical build any way (Feel free to do so if you can and want to)
What not:
  • Time zone need to set manually
  • Can't decrypt /data (Hope some one who know vold decrypt can help me with that)
Usage:

To flash this twrp, run following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

To boot it, simply turn your device off and when you turn it back on, just hold power and volume down and wait for few second to enter recovery
P/S: Although this twrp was build for Xperia XA1 Plus specificly, it might work on other XA1 variants as well, for that I need some tester. The only different if exists is the build.prop which stop you to flash custom rom that not build for XA1 plus (which we don't have any as of yet) so just try it and give me some feed back :)

Source code:
https://gitlab.com/ndhai97/android_device_sony_teak/-/tree/twrp

Credits:
Big thank to @AlaskaLinuxUser who make great video series that give me a very good entry point to do this kind of work

Attachments

• recovery.img
    20.1 MB · Views: 307
Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

H9RN4N

Nov 5, 2018
Good job, just in case, put in my custom prop.default (for xperia g3123 xa1 simple) and I start without problems.
test: adb shell, backups, flash zip. Can't format/mount data, and it would be great if you add the fotakernel partition in recovery.fstab to make a recovery backup

Wadhwa Saab

Aug 31, 2016
hello sir mine device (sm-615f) has same specs as this device ...and i tried porting it to my device( replaced kernel and kernel offset ) and in ramdisk replaced /etc/recovery.fstab and uevented.rc ....but not working... and reason being doing that is i see lot of gsi thing is also avail for your device ..can i port it if yes can you bit guide me there ( NOTE: already done research before bothering mentors here ) ..

hello sir mine device (sm-615f) has same specs as this device ...and i tried porting it to my device( replaced kernel and kernel offset ) and in ramdisk replaced /etc/recovery.fstab and uevented.rc ....but not working... and reason being doing that is i see lot of gsi thing is also avail for your device ..can i port it if yes can you bit guide me there ( NOTE: already done research before bothering mentors here ) ..
For that matter you should PM me instead of comment in here, I see not much of react to my work and so I stop all development. about your question, our device (XA1) have no GSI so it not problem to begin with (GSI thread are fake, I do build from scratch so I know). Also I think it easier for you to build twrp than port it, you can take a look at my twrp device tree and create one for your device twrp tree. About how to build it watch Alaska Linux User youtube series here. It very easy to do than porting and it work correctly for your device, not to mention update twrp quite easy task too.

Emirhan4646

Apr 28, 2021
Hello there
I installed TWRP on my Sony Xperia XA1 Plus but could not start TWRP mode. The following error appears on the screen, then the phone boots normally.
NcEZ4KS.jpg

To enter recovery, when booting hit vol down button. This is not an FOTA kernel so the flashlight won't go up to indicate you to enter recovery or normal boot, instead it sit in recovery partition of your phone (which mean with what ever kernel or boot image that you using, this recovery still work)

Emirhan4646

Apr 28, 2021
To enter recovery, when booting hit vol down button. This is not an FOTA kernel so the flashlight won't go up to indicate you to enter recovery or normal boot, instead it sit in recovery partition of your phone (which mean with what ever kernel or boot image that you using, this recovery still work)
I have tried entering the TWRP mode multiple times. It is not happening. I'm already pressing the volume down button.
I am trying it on Android8 .122 ROM.
My device is g3421

Last edited:
I have tried entering the TWRP mode multiple times. It is not happening. I'm already pressing the volume down button.
I am trying it on Android8 .122 ROM.
My device is g3421
Sorry for long time response, quite busy these day. How adb flash command output look like, if it successful then maybe you press it the wrong way, it should enter recovery when you boot up and hold the volume down. There are two other way to test this: the easy way is to run adb reboot recovery. The harder way is to install xposed and choose reboot to recovery from xposed manager, I'm quite sure this work on all Oreo based variant of XA1, my friend have XA1 ultra and it work just fine

Emirhan4646

Apr 28, 2021
I learned that the recovery mode cannot be entered with the buttons on this device, but I can enter the recovery mode with the buttons with the special kernel.
Here's how I enter recovery mode with stock kernel:
1- USB debugging must be turned on
2- I am typing the following command on adb and when it restarts, recovery is opened. ''adb reboot recovery''

I learned that the recovery mode cannot be entered with the buttons on this device, but I can enter the recovery mode with the buttons with the special kernel.
Here's how I enter recovery mode with stock kernel:
1- USB debugging must be turned on
2- I am typing the following command on adb and when it restarts, recovery is opened. ''adb reboot recovery''
You should be able to enter recovery with power on + hold vol down at the same time (or when rebooting just hold the vol down button). If your special kernel mean kernel where it show light when booting, that recovery work independence with my recovery since they put it inside boot partitions. My recovery are being put in recovery partitions and should not be affected by any other boot.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

C:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What working:
    • Normal and Encrypted backup and restore
    • Install flashable zip
    • ADB sideload
    • Mount almost every partitions
    • Turn off TWRP app promt because I'm not gonna make this offical build any way (Feel free to do so if you can and want to)
    What not:
    • Time zone need to set manually
    • Can't decrypt /data (Hope some one who know vold decrypt can help me with that)
    Usage:

To flash this twrp, run following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

To boot it, simply turn your device off and when you turn it back on, just hold power and volume down and wait for few second to enter recovery
    P/S: Although this twrp was build for Xperia XA1 Plus specificly, it might work on other XA1 variants as well, for that I need some tester. The only different if exists is the build.prop which stop you to flash custom rom that not build for XA1 plus (which we don't have any as of yet) so just try it and give me some feed back :)

Source code:
    https://gitlab.com/ndhai97/android_device_sony_teak/-/tree/twrp

Credits:
    Big thank to @AlaskaLinuxUser who make great video series that give me a very good entry point to do this kind of work