smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Hi everybody!
How to fix that:

I tried to flash all versions without errors, fastboot boot MBTWRP_21-05-2021_UMI.img successfully. But restart and "Power+Volume +" or restart to recovery, the device always enters in fastboot mode as if the recovery did not exist.

When i want to go to fastboot, i must have connect to PC and: fastboot boot twrp.img

Thank all!
did you flashed no_replace_twrp_avb2.zip?

Cabbo_

Sep 2, 2017
I have the same issue as other people have already mentioned.
fastboot recovery flash is ok, but on boot I get this error:
"FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)"
twrp3.4.2b recovery still works (without decrypting)
I am in the miui.EU 12.1.5

Edit: SOLVED
I was using and old version fastboot and wasn't executing on the cmd the new downloaded one. I had to use fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp.img command in the Minimal adb and fastboot folder in order to use this new fastboot and not a previus I had installed

Last edited:
I was able to flash this twrp and boot to it successfully. however, when I enter twrp, the screen is not responsive.

Buttons and slider seemed locked or screen input not functioning properly. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to mod this phone for months now.

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
I was able to flash this twrp and boot to it successfully. however, when I enter twrp, the screen is not responsive.

Buttons and slider seemed locked or screen input not functioning properly. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to mod this phone for months now.
do you have mi 10 or mi 10 pro? flash the correct version for your phone, UMI or CMI ? problems you mentioned seems like wrong twrp version.

Feb 19, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10
Hello and thanks for this very nice twrp (probably the first ome to function correctly). I'd like to share an issue I have with it the last ~2-3months though. I've a mi 10 running xiaomi.eu beta (I update ~to the latest version) and latest mb twrp.

The issue is that the twrp can't recognise the sd card (64gb) I was using through otg anymore. It is formated in exfat. It's weird because im the past I could make ~30gb nandroid backups and flash rom zip without ~any issue. I reformatted it, I've used many rom versions and I've cycled through ~all the twrp versions (I think I've even tried to boot into them instead of flashing them in case there was an error with flashing). I also changed the card reader I was using. My phone can recognise the card when it's booted up normally, but twrp doesn't seem to be able to mount it. The issue exists with another sd I've tried too. Lastly, it can read my usb flash drive formatted in fat32 (which is kinda unusable since backups create files ~bigger than 4gb failing the backup...).

Anyone with a similar issue or a possible fix? I might buy a flash drive to backuo my data, but till then I'd like to use the sds I already have. Formatting the drives I have to a different format is a bad idea as I may break anything (btw, the sds I was talking about are used in canon cameras, but they used to be recognised and worked correctly).

foggydew88

Jul 20, 2007
Savona
Hello and thanks for this very nice twrp (probably the first ome to function correctly). I'd like to share an issue I have with it the last ~2-3months though. I've a mi 10 running xiaomi.eu beta (I update ~to the latest version) and latest mb twrp.

The issue is that the twrp can't recognise the sd card (64gb) I was using through otg anymore. It is formated in exfat. It's weird because im the past I could make ~30gb nandroid backups and flash rom zip without ~any issue. I reformatted it, I've used many rom versions and I've cycled through ~all the twrp versions (I think I've even tried to boot into them instead of flashing them in case there was an error with flashing). I also changed the card reader I was using. My phone can recognise the card when it's booted up normally, but twrp doesn't seem to be able to mount it. The issue exists with another sd I've tried too. Lastly, it can read my usb flash drive formatted in fat32 (which is kinda unusable since backups create files ~bigger than 4gb failing the backup...).

Anyone with a similar issue or a possible fix? I might buy a flash drive to backuo my data, but till then I'd like to use the sds I already have. Formatting the drives I have to a different format is a bad idea as I may break anything (btw, the sds I was talking about are used in canon cameras, but they used to be recognised and worked correctly).
NTFS is ok for me, and >4GB files is allowed.

Reactions: Blasrboom Strice

kamisan

Jun 17, 2010
Austin
running miuiMix by mmx 12.0.8 can fastboot flash, reboot goes to fastboot, fastboot boot the .img file will boot to twrp, wait a few put in screen passcode it decrypts can flash and boot to system but if I reboot it goes back to fastboot like the flashing is not taking and even a system reboot results in fastboot screen. tried the no wipe flash file and it showed not needed. vbmeta not needed. not sure what I am missing or doing wrong.

kamisan

Jun 17, 2010
Austin
running miuiMix by mmx 12.0.8 can fastboot flash, reboot goes to fastboot, fastboot boot the .img file will boot to twrp, wait a few put in screen passcode it decrypts can flash and boot to system but if I reboot it goes back to fastboot like the flashing is not taking and even a system reboot results in fastboot screen. tried the no wipe flash file and it showed not needed. vbmeta not needed. not sure what I am missing or doing wrong.
Update, flashing newer release of rom then reflashing recovery stuck. 12.0.8 will not hold latest recovery, but 12.2.7 will

SchneckenBlitzer

Aug 10, 2021
HELP!

Hello,

I have ventured to flash my Mi 10...unfortunately not successful. I hope someone of you can help me...

I have installed TWRP completely according to your instructions. The first strange thing was that a lock and a "Swipe to unlock" slider appeared at the bottom. The touch did not work either. I then connected a mouse and it worked.

Then I wanted to do the wipe, but then "Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps" popped up and "Unable to mount storage". The internal storage is also shown as 0MB. I tried the video mentioned below and the steps in it (from Ext4 to Ext2 and back again). Didn't bring anything unfortunately.
A system (MIUI) unfortunately also seems to be no longer installed, anyway I can only boot into TWRP and it says that no other system is available.

What can I do? You guys would be my last resort!

Many greetings and thanks in advance
Jan

Feb 19, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10
HELP!

Hello,

I have ventured to flash my Mi 10...unfortunately not successful. I hope someone of you can help me...

I have installed TWRP completely according to your instructions. The first strange thing was that a lock and a "Swipe to unlock" slider appeared at the bottom. The touch did not work either. I then connected a mouse and it worked.

Then I wanted to do the wipe, but then "Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps" popped up and "Unable to mount storage". The internal storage is also shown as 0MB. I tried the video mentioned below and the steps in it (from Ext4 to Ext2 and back again). Didn't bring anything unfortunately.
A system (MIUI) unfortunately also seems to be no longer installed, anyway I can only boot into TWRP and it says that no other system is available.

What can I do? You guys would be my last resort!

Many greetings and thanks in advance
Jan
Uhh, I have some ideas, but it's late for me now, I'll try to help tomorrow. ~All I can do now is share a guide I've compiled, here. (Btw, the latest beta from xiomi.eu seems buggy, the previous week's one is probably better.)

SchneckenBlitzer

Aug 10, 2021
Uhh, I have some ideas, but it's late for me now, I'll try to help tomorrow. ~All I can do now is share a guide I've compiled, here. (Btw, the latest beta from xiomi.eu seems buggy, the previous week's one is probably better.)

Thanks for your very quick response. I understand that it‘s a bit late today 😉. It would be wonderful if you could help me tomorrow because I have a big problem if this phone is waste…

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Features:
    - Decryption work
    - Otg work
    -Vibrator
    - Zip Flash
    - Mtp/adb
    - F2FS support
    - Fastbootd
    - Adb sideload
    - Backup restore and images flash

Not working:
    -Tell me

INSTALLATION:
    1. Download the TWRP image file to your PC.
    2. Put your device into fastboot.
    3. Type the following command to flash the recovery:-

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery "name_of_recovery.img"

4. On installation of TWRP , to boot the recovery do:-

Code:
    fastboot boot "name_of_recovery.img"
    The device will automatically reboot into TWRP.

5-A. You are using Xiaomi.eu Miui or custom Rom?
    You can enjoy with a functional Data Decrypt

5-B You are using Miui EEA - Global -Cn or any custom rom that doesn't ship custom vbmeta.

6. Download this zip, copy by pc or using otg and flash this zip that will prevent twrp replacing.​
    7. Download VbMeta and flash by fastboot​
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
    7. Reboot into twrp (Take longer Time)
    Code:
    fastboot boot "name_of_recovery.img"
    8. Format Data and Reboot​

NOTES:
    By Command fastboot boot, recovery will decrypt everytimes you need, also with Global Rom and without patched vbmeta.

Download:
    VbMeta
    TWRP
    (Version tag will follow vendor, a lower version tag than your vendor does not mean that recovery will not work)

Kernel Source: HERE

Donation:
    PayPal: paypal.me/manuelbiancodev

Telegram Group: @MBsRoom
    New Release!
    -Merged teamwin recovery changes
    -Workaround for mtp after format data
    (After format data, reboot to recovery, now mtp is working, unmount data and re-mount data or reboot to recovery to flash or manage data files)
    New Release!
    -Merged 3.5.1 teamwin recovery changes
    -Cleaned and ordered twrp flags
    -Support to system_ext ro mount
    -Improvements into usb managing
    Twrp 3.5.2 Released !
    New instructions for eea and global miui user, post updated