Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
- Open Source
- Payload.bin support (ROM flashing works)
- Proper MTP support (for both 4.9 and 3.18 kernels)
- Working decryption for both FBE and FDE
- Adoptable Storage is working
- Android 11 support (No bootloops to recovery mode)
- NTFS, F2FS, exFAT, FAT32 support for SD Cards and USB drives
- Ability to flash splash images directly to the splash partition
- Adjusted theme to account for the notch (the clock doesn't overlap with the notch)
- No TWRP app installation prompts
- Older 3.4.0 button-style reboot menu instead of the newer listbox-style one
- Addon.d script to make TWRP survive ROM updates
TWRP image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ysSbW31NG4QF5OClbox-mArIb17KbpT/view?usp=sharing
TWRP Installer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wk_0kOe_e-2XDDiv08BxJhn1ixWXjUw/view?usp=sharing
- Make sure your bootloader is unlocked. If not, unlock it first.
- Reboot to Bootloader (aka Fastboot mode)
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-2-daisy-unofficial.img
- You can ignore any "Failed to unmount /vendor: Device or resource busy" errors since they do not cause any issues (this
happens when switching the active slot while the vendor partition is mounted).
- This TWRP does not have the newer 3.5.0 theme changes in the reboot menu because it is confusing for a significant amount
of users and does not match the rest of the button-style design.
- The TWRP app checks and prompts have been completely removed due to the app causing a lot of issues including bootloops
since it is not designed for A/B devices.
- The portrait_hdpi theme has been adjusted to have more padding in the status bar and to account for the presence of the
notch (the clock's position has been modified in order for the clock not to get overlapped by the notch)
- TWRP's addon.d will only work in the following scenarios:
a) When updating your ROM through the ROM's Updater application
b) When dirty-flashing a newer build of the same ROM you have installed from recovery
- TWRP's addon.d (TWRP survival) may not work in all ROMs as some ROMs choose not to have permissive update-engine domain. This essentially results in SELinux denials, preventing the addon.d script from executing when SELinux is enforcing. You can read more about the said issue here (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/commit/cba0d040000d6ff38c6646bb9d7daa12beae2878). Thereby, having Magisk is the only way of having a working addon.d environment consistent to all ROMs as of now since it makes ROMs allow all addon.d scripts to run (makes update-engine permissive). Having said that and as mentioned in the previous link, some ROMs like LineageOS and CrDroid do not need Magisk for addon.d scripts to work, as they don't block said scripts by default.
Recovery Source: https://github.com/LinkBoi00/android_bootable_recovery
Device tree: https://github.com/LinkBoi00/twrp_device_xiaomi_daisy
Kernel source: https://github.com/LinkBoi00/twrp_kernel_xiaomi_daisy
TWRP-3.5.2_9-2-Unofficial, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Source Code: https://github.com/LinkBoi00/twrp_device_xiaomi_daisy
Current Stable Version: 3.5.2_9-2
Stable Release Date: 2021-05-04
Last Updated 2021-05-04