[Recovery][5.0.1][F350SKL/D838] CWM RECOVERY FOR LOLLIPOP!! *BooYaah!!*

Search This thread

pereradileepa

Nov 14, 2012
Ja-Ela
After a Long Time Of Disappoinment Without a Custom Recovery To Our Beloved GPro2.. Im Thrilled To Announce That Now We Have a Unlocked BL+Custom Recovery To Our GPRO2 LOLLIPOP!! :)

CWM RECOVERY FOR GPRO2-F350SLK AND D838!!

Here You Go..

HOW TO INSTALL..
  1. First..You Need To Be In 4.4.2 KitKat With a Custom Recovery Installed.
  2. And You Must Have a Lollipop Custom Or Stock Version In a CWM Flashble Format. KDZ WILL NOT WORK.
  3. And Then.. Download The Recovery Pack For The Corresponding Model.
  4. Extract Both Recovery Pack and Your ROM. (Extract Means,Double Click and Open)
  5. COPY THE SYSTEM.IMG FROM YOUR ROM TO RECOVERY ZIP FILE.
  6. Finally You Need Have YourModel_5.0_Recovery_BY_YKLS Porject.zip File With System.img In It!! (Clear Enough Right? :p )
  7. Boot Into Recovery.. Flash YourModel_5.0_Recovery_BY_YKLS Porject.zip
  8. Wipe Data and Cache If You Want To. (Recommended)
  9. Reboot and You Will Have a Lollipop With CWM Pre Installed!! *YAY!!*
  10. NOTE-Press VolUp and Power Button Both At The Power OFF State and When The Black Screen Appears,Release Them.You'll Be On Recovery.
  11. BUG-Recovery Is In Chinease.I Will Try To Build a English One ASAP.

Recovery Is In Chinease and Its Ugly...*Eww* :p How Do I Change That To English?
  1. Download The RECOVERY APK (See The Attachment)
  2. Install It As a Normal Apk and Open It!
  3. Click On Flash Recovery,Grand Superuser Permission.
  4. When Its Done,Click Reboot To Recovery.
  5. BAM!! NOW YOU HAVE A OFFICIAL LOLLIPOP,WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER PLUS ENGLISH PHILZ RECOVERY!!! :)

DOWNLOADS!!

FOR D838
FOR F350K
FOR F350L
FOR F350S

You Wanted Screenshots.. Here You Go With a PROOF VIDEO. :p
Click Here

:)Just Hit Thanks To Share Your Happiness With Me. :D

Attachments

• F350D838RECOVERY_KK_LOLLIPOP.apk
    11.1 MB · Views: 11,670
Last edited:

glasseffects

Nov 9, 2010
Thanks for the news, we've been waiting for this! However, I've a question. I've installed another recovery that works with the phone and a bit easier to install and works both on 350 and 838. Here's the link:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgHZuLM

Should I switch over to this since for some reasons I'm not able to activate Xposed after flashing through recovery.

Thanks for the news, we've been waiting for this! However, I've a question. I've installed another recovery that works with the phone and a bit easier to install and works both on 350 and 838. Here's the link:

Should I switch over to this since for some reasons I'm not able to activate Xposed after flashing through recovery.

If you read the Xposed thread you will see many discussion about this. Apparently you need the app for Xposed user interface and also need to add a module and then reboot.

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Free mobile app

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
After a Long Time Of Disappoinment Without a Custom Recovery To Our Beloved GPro2.. Im Thrilled To Announce That Now We Have a Unlocked BL+Custom Recovery To Our GPRO2!! :)

Here You Go..

HOW TO INSTALL..
  2. And You Must Have a Lollipop Custom Or Stock Version In a CWM Flashble Format. KDZ WILL NOT WORK.
  4. Extract Both Recovery Pack and Your ROM. (Extract Means,Double Click and Open)
  6. Finally You Need Have YourModel_5.0_Recovery_BY_YKLS Porject.zip File With System.img In It!! (Clear Enough Right? :p )
  10. NOTE-Press VolUp and Power Button Both At The Power OFF State and When The Black Screen Appears,Release Them.You'll Be On Recovery.

DOWNLOADS!!

FOR D838
FOR F350K
FOR F350L
FOR F350S

Thanks for your work mate

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

May i know how you flashed this recovery? I've tried using adb , fastboot , flashify but have'nt been able to flash this recovery :confused:
F350s on Future 3.1 rooted. Any help would be appreciated.

glasseffects

Nov 9, 2010

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

May i know how you flashed this recovery? I've tried using adb , fastboot , flashify but have'nt been able to flash this recovery :confused:

I do not wish to overahadow this thread with another issue. Though, for the sake of information:

1. Uncompress the file and change the name of the folder in which you have the recovery files to anything you like.
2. Move that folder to your desktop
3. Now on your phone, enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
4. Connect your device to computer and run the .bat file in the extracted folder on your computer.
5. Press any key when prompted. The phone will reboot into recovery if successful.
6. You Now have CWM based Recovery on phone.

First two steps aren't necessary, but the folder contains special characters that may interfere with ADB. At least it happened in my case, thus the precaution.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

If you read the Xposed thread you will see many discussion about this. Apparently you need the app for Xposed user interface and also need to add a module and then reboot.

Johnny, I've tried every possible combination to no avail. The bridge is installed but not activated. It simply refuses to work with or without modules, or no matter how many times I flash before or after installing the Xposed interface apk.

Any suggestion would be great!

yplim2300

Feb 28, 2010
COPY THE SYSTEM.IMG FROM YOUR ROM TO RECOVERY ZIP FILE.

Copy and Zip again ?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

The system.img is 3.4GB, right?
Just put it into the root of Recovery folder, and zip it again, right?
The Recovery.zip is only 50MB.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Do I need to create a folder "rom" and put the system.img into it?

pereradileepa

Nov 14, 2012
Ja-Ela
Copy and Zip again ?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

The system.img is 3.4GB, right?
Just put it into the root of Recovery folder, and zip it again, right?
The Recovery.zip is only 50MB.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Do I need to create a folder "rom" and put the system.img into it?

nop.just copy the system.img into 50mb zip file’s root directory. like you said in first. then install it via recovery like a rom. :)

Not meaning to sound rude but that is incorrect - there is a way to flash recovery once you have Lollipop using adb. see Post #2 in this thread.

Hello, i have update mu G pro 2 to official TWN lollipop via KDZ and i have no root, can i install custom recovery via adb? And get root from flashing the supersu zip?

Im sorry if i asking a rude question, im too afraid to try, afraid of brick my phone

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xb360

Oct 18, 2010
After a Long Time Of Disappoinment Without a Custom Recovery To Our Beloved GPro2.. Im Thrilled To Announce That Now We Have a Unlocked BL+Custom Recovery To Our GPRO2 LOLLIPOP!! :)

Here You Go..

HOW TO INSTALL..

Recovery Is In Chinease and Its Ugly...*Eww* :p How Do I Change That To English?
  5. BAM!! NOW YOU HAVE A OFFICIAL LOLLIPOP,WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER PLUS ENGLISH PHILZ RECOVERY!!! :)

DOWNLOADS!!

FOR D838
FOR F350K
FOR F350L
FOR F350S

The apk file, can it be used on Lollipop G Pro 2?
Or do I need to go back to KitKat?

---------- Post added 22nd February 2015 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st February 2015 at 11:55 PM ----------

I have tried to use the apk and flash the recovery on Lollipop, then reboot recovery, but nothing happen, it just stuck at LG logo.

johnnyyh

Jul 20, 2012

---------- Post added 22nd February 2015 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st February 2015 at 11:55 PM ----------

I have tried to use the apk and flash the recovery on Lollipop, then reboot recovery, but nothing happen, it just stuck at LG logo.

Same thing happened. Even cop system.img into recovery zip also same thing.

yplim2300

Feb 28, 2010
Can I confirm that by following the instructions in post one, do I get recovery in Lollipop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here You Go..

HOW TO INSTALL..

DOWNLOADS!!

FOR D838
    FOR F350K
    FOR F350L
    FOR F350S

You Wanted Screenshots.. Here You Go With a PROOF VIDEO. :p
    Click Here

I do not wish to overahadow this thread with another issue. Though, for the sake of information:

1. Uncompress the file and change the name of the folder in which you have the recovery files to anything you like.
    2. Move that folder to your desktop
    3. Now on your phone, enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
    4. Connect your device to computer and run the .bat file in the extracted folder on your computer.
    5. Press any key when prompted. The phone will reboot into recovery if successful.
    6. You Now have CWM based Recovery on phone.

First two steps aren't necessary, but the folder contains special characters that may interfere with ADB. At least it happened in my case, thus the precaution.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Johnny, I've tried every possible combination to no avail. The bridge is installed but not activated. It simply refuses to work with or without modules, or no matter how many times I flash before or after installing the Xposed interface apk.

Any suggestion would be great!
    @glasseffects will try this now. Thanks for your help.

Changing folders name was indeed essential . I changed folder names and voila. Thanks for guidance

Sent from my LG-F350L using XDA Free mobile app
    Hope that someone develops an apk or a batch file to install it via ADB. The only other option is to revert to KK

Not meaning to sound rude but that is incorrect - there is a way to flash recovery once you have Lollipop using adb. see Post #2 in this thread.
    @pereradileepa does it work on your device? Can you share the screenshot?

works very fine. im on philz touch with all the functions working. just do exactly i mentioned above. :)