[RECOVERY][5/6/11] ClockworkMod Recovery for X10mini / X8 - 3.2.0.0-r3

Search This thread

vythygiy

Apr 13, 2011
I have followed the instructions given and made sure i extracted to the right folders. I actually extracted to another folder and carried the files over to system one by one. I can't boot into recovery. Tried both 775 and 755 with all files.

Xrecovery is not an option. Can't get that to work either. Tried different versions and ways to install it. I get the green lights upon installation, boot without recovery and when checking on xrecovery after reboot it shows red lights.

For me, after copying all the necessary files, giving them permission, the CWM wouldn't work. I relized that I hadn't installed superbox. So I installed the application, but that didn't help neither. I tried deleting all the coppied files, launched superbox, it required to install sthing, I did what it required. Then restarted, re-coppied the files. This time CWM worked. Hope this can help you.

tihimasmo

Oct 16, 2011
Yes, that was the case for me also. I thought i had busybox, but after reinstalling it and reinstalling the cwm-files, it worked.

Thanks

makiss4

Sep 5, 2011
This is ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.2.0.0) ported to work on X10mini / X10mini pro / X8

Introduction

ClockworkMod Recovery is the default recovery option by the CyanogenMod, it has several additional features over plain old xRecovery and uses Edify exclusively:

Despite the non-support for Amend scripts, it's the future of Recoveries and cooks should get used to this kind of scripting when making their zips.

Update:

CWM 3.2.0.0-r3 introduces two new features that validate and restore the currently installed recovery and it's deps before reboot / shutdown. If the current recovery doesn't appear to be correct, it will prompt for a recovery restore option that at least guarantees that the phone can boot into recovery. This is NOT:

- a way to make any ROM that you installed boot
- an idiot proof mechanism (e.g. if you are prompted and omit restoring, you are on your own)

Features

• ADB root shell
  • reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • install zip from sdcard
  • backup and restore
    • backup (also backs up ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
    • restore (also restores ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
    • restore from xRecovery (Use this in case you want to restore backups done with xRecovery)
    • advanced restore
  • mounts and storage
    • mount / unmount /cache
    • mount / unmount /data
    • mount / unmount /sdcard
    • mount / unmount /system
    • mount / unmount /sd-ext
    • mount / unmount /cache
    • format /cache
    • format /data
    • format /sdcard
    • format /system
    • format /sd-ext
    • mount USB storage
  • advanced
    • reboot recovery
    • wipe Dalvik Cache
    • wipe Battery Stats
    • report Error
    • key Test
    • partition SD Card
      • Ext Size (formatting as ext4)
      • Swap Size (Set this to 0)
      • Rest Size is for vfat
    • fix permissions
    • validate recovery
    • restore recovery
  • power off

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' letters appear, press and release continuously the 'back' button.
Once you are in the CW recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' or camera button key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Requirements

• Stock 2.1 ROM
  • Busybox from the market
  • Root

Installation

EITHER:
If you have xRecovery: Flash the CWM recovery Amend zip
OR:
If you have a previous version of CWM Recovery: Flash the CWM recovery Edify zip
OR:
If you don't have a recovery installed, using Root explorer: manually extract any of the above CWM recovery zips and copy the contents of the system folder (system/bin and system/xbin) to /system, then give 755 permissions to those files, especially to /system/bin/chargemon, or you'll get bootloop.

Notes to everyone

Do NOT use this recovery if you are not in Stock 2.1 firmware. If you have a custom ROM, your cook should incorporate this to his ROM first

Notes to Devs/Cooks

To incorporate this to your ROM, extend the chargemon file to contain the needed part required in order to boot your ROM, the rest of the files need no changes.
Switch to Edify when giving updates for your ROMs. Search xda and google for that, there are plenty of resources out there. E.g: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936175
Also use the attached update-binary which is modified and tested to work correctly with this recovery.

Credits:
DaRk_dOg for his testing / support
koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
zdzihu for his rm -rf tip ;)
Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

Disclaimer:
I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!
when im moving the files on system/bin it always stack,,,and reboot,, i already root it, x10 mini pro; sorry for my english

arcmanov

Jan 30, 2010
Completely stock X10 mini here...so this is a total n00b asking a question...

What are '755' permissions?

I tried the 1st method (xRRecovery)...didn't work.

So Now I copied the files to the /system folder, but I just ticked all the boxes for 'permissions'.

Another n00b question...

How exactly do I get into recovery mode?

davidotas

Nov 20, 2011
Well I've followed every instruction to the letter and my x10 simply will not install this CWM thing or Xrecovery. It's not happening, no booting into anything, just same old 2.1.

I did manage to root the phone, though why in the hell I have to read 150 page threads, download 8 or 9 different applications, and then follow seperate methods of installation with different installers for different roms only to then find that it doesn't work I have no idea.

Guess nobody's smart enough to just make an all in one installer. Oh well, thanks anyway.

tcw18

Nov 27, 2011
Malacca
My x10mini now (firmware verison is 2.1-update1).(Baseband version is M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404006).(Kernel version is [email protected]#1).(Build number is 2.0.1.A.0.47).
I want updated to froyo and also gingerbread,now i want install update zip but after turn off phone and start it again then press back button,my phone just boot normal cant get in recovery mode.Is that phone need connect usb to pc? I test it with root my phone and unroot my phone still same.Anything miss or mistake?What can i do?
And what the rom from here compatible with my phone firmware?.Thanks for help!

doomhammer07

Oct 30, 2011
Bangalore
My x10mini now (firmware verison is 2.1-update1).(Baseband version is M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404006).(Kernel version is [email protected]#1).(Build number is 2.0.1.A.0.47).
I want updated to froyo and also gingerbread,now i want install update zip but after turn off phone and start it again then press back button,my phone just boot normal cant get in recovery mode.Is that phone need connect usb to pc? I test it with root my phone and unroot my phone still same.Anything miss or mistake?What can i do?
if your bootloader is unlocked try naa's minicm7 2.1.5 rom.. if your bootloader is not unlocked then try gingerdx v17 stock kernel version

Reactions: pathaniya

puppet13th

Apr 9, 2011
Medan

You need to update to stock rom 2.1.1.A.0.6 or 2.1.1.C.0.0 before using any custom kernel or rom.

Reactions: nelikp

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
i have stock 2.1 X8,so,i need to give all permisions to recovery,busybox,and recovery files over root explorer(long press,permissions,all check),am i right?
then i turn off phone,turn on and press back continously until recovery opens.
but,do i need bootloader unlocked?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

i want to install maybe cm7,and kernel for it,but do i need to unlock bootloader first??

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
Does this work for x8 too? And what to do when phone is in bootloop?I looked at first chargemon-14,03 K, and second chargemon-646 bytes. Why is the second chargemon(was in the cwm folder with charger-14,03 K, and recovery.tar-2.46 mb) smaller then the first one???????

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

And what is "charger"(size 14,03 K) anyway?

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
i copyed all that was said to be moved,did the permission list on every goddamn file,but phone still boots normally.why?????????'
:confused::mad::confused::mad::mad::confused::mad:

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

and bootloader locked,if helps

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Do i need to copy the sh file to system/xbin too?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

i ****ing love youuuu.it works!!!!
i just copyed the sdcard/xbin/sh to system/xbin and it works!!!!
works!!!
works!!!
works!!!
god ****ing bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i give thanks

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE
BECAUSE I DID AS I WROTE AND I SUCCEDED.I HAVE A X8 WITH CW RECOVERY.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

THIS IS FOR NOOBS ESPECIALLY

1. DOWNLOAD http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=616283&stc=1&d=1307259517

2. OPEN root explorer

3.EXTRACT the downloaded

4.GO TO the extracted(sdcard/speed software or something like that)

5.THEN GO TO system in root explorer and press mount R/W

6.THEN back in sdcard

7.GO TO extracted in sd card

8.OPEN in the sd card folder "system">"bin",and copy all to system/bin in root of phone

9.THEN go to permissions and check READ,WRITE,EXECUTE
READ EXECUTE
READ EXECUTE
,then press ok.YOU MUST DO THAT TO EVERY COPYED FILE YOU COPYED FROM STEP 8.

10.THEN copy the "sh" file that is in folder xbin in extracted location to system/xbin and check the same permissions on that file too like in step 9.

11.MOUNT R/O

12.TURN OFF phone

13.TURN ON,and contiounously press back button when "Sony ericsson" logo appears.

14.there you have the clockworkmod recovery.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP CLOSELY AND THERE IS A 99 % CHANCE OF SUCCESS

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE
BECAUSE I DID AS I WROTE AND I SUCCEDED.I HAVE A X8 WITH CW RECOVERY.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
I installed cwm recovery,but when i try flashing the rom over rom manager,i can't because i have to flash the other cwm recovery.i can only select x8(my phone is x8).can i brick the phone if i try reinstalling cwm recovery over rom manager?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is ClockworkMod Recovery (v.3.2.0.0) ported to work on X10mini / X10mini pro / X8

Introduction

ClockworkMod Recovery is the default recovery option by the CyanogenMod, it has several additional features over plain old xRecovery and uses Edify exclusively:

CyanogenMod said:
    Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported
    Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
    It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
    Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Despite the non-support for Amend scripts, it's the future of Recoveries and cooks should get used to this kind of scripting when making their zips.

Update:

CWM 3.2.0.0-r3 introduces two new features that validate and restore the currently installed recovery and it's deps before reboot / shutdown. If the current recovery doesn't appear to be correct, it will prompt for a recovery restore option that at least guarantees that the phone can boot into recovery. This is NOT:

- a way to make any ROM that you installed boot
    - an idiot proof mechanism (e.g. if you are prompted and omit restoring, you are on your own)

Features

• ADB root shell
    • reboot system now
    • apply update from sdcard
    • wipe data / factory reset
    • wipe cache partition
    • install zip from sdcard
    • backup and restore
      • backup (also backs up ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
      • restore (also restores ext partition and installed apps to sdcard)
      • restore from xRecovery (Use this in case you want to restore backups done with xRecovery)
      • advanced restore
    • mounts and storage
      • mount / unmount /cache
      • mount / unmount /data
      • mount / unmount /sdcard
      • mount / unmount /system
      • mount / unmount /sd-ext
      • mount / unmount /cache
      • format /cache
      • format /data
      • format /sdcard
      • format /system
      • format /sd-ext
      • mount USB storage
    • advanced
      • reboot recovery
      • wipe Dalvik Cache
      • wipe Battery Stats
      • report Error
      • key Test
      • partition SD Card
        • Ext Size (formatting as ext4)
        • Swap Size (Set this to 0)
        • Rest Size is for vfat
      • fix permissions
      • validate recovery
      • restore recovery
    • power off

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' letters appear, press and release continuously the 'back' button.
    Once you are in the CW recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' or camera button key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Requirements

• Stock 2.1 ROM
    • Busybox from the market
    • Root

Installation

EITHER:
    If you have xRecovery: Flash the CWM recovery Amend zip
    OR:
    If you have a previous version of CWM Recovery: Flash the CWM recovery Edify zip
    OR:
    If you don't have a recovery installed, using Root explorer: manually extract any of the above CWM recovery zips and copy the contents of the system folder (system/bin and system/xbin) to /system, then give 755 permissions to those files, especially to /system/bin/chargemon, or you'll get bootloop.

Notes to everyone

Do NOT use this recovery if you are not in Stock 2.1 firmware. If you have a custom ROM, your cook should incorporate this to his ROM first

Notes to Devs/Cooks

To incorporate this to your ROM, extend the chargemon file to contain the needed part required in order to boot your ROM, the rest of the files need no changes.
    Switch to Edify when giving updates for your ROMs. Search xda and google for that, there are plenty of resources out there. E.g: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936175
    Also use the attached update-binary which is modified and tested to work correctly with this recovery.

Credits:
    DaRk_dOg for his testing / support
    koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
    zdzihu for his rm -rf tip ;)
    Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!
    Changelog:

ClockworkMod Recovery v.3.2.0.0-r2:
    - Added restore from xRecovery option
    - Fixed letters cutoff at the bottom of the screen

ClockworkMod Recovery v.3.2.0.0-r1 for x10mini
    - Ported default CM7 Recovery option
    very cool but does this mean i cant install it when i am using your miniCM7 ??
    That means you should bother the dev of your ROM.

And also check the MiniCM7 thread :)
    Uploaded version 3.2.0.0-r2 which:
    - Adds a menu option to restore a backup done with xRecovery
    - Fixes the letters cutoff at the bottom of the screen
    Thank you mate! Another great addition!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone