• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][6.58.9][DUAL BOOT] [PhilZ Touch Advanced ]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Last edited:
Question: I am getting a 404 file not found error. Is the file uploaded?

aa9d04642ba5cc21a47feedaefbafdcd.jpg

PhilZ Touch Advanced 6.56.8 With Dual boot and F2FS Support with Shift kernel

Will fix this OP soon

@Phil3759 for source and Support
@ketut.kumajaya for the dual boot solution

Download:http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712457499

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
possibly silly question, but do you know if this kernel/recovery will work on the i605 [Verizon US LTE Note II]?

I'm really tempted to try it out to test to see if it will work, so I might go ahead and do that instead and report back, lol.

Thanks for this awesome contribution!

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
No idea. Same recovery partition?

yes it does. I'm about to try it and I'll report back on whether it works or doesn't.

thanks again, bro!

EDIT: okay so the kernel (i know this is the recovery thread..) but I get bootloops on my Verizon Note II using your kernel. It'll boot up but it complains about insufficient charger & about everything seems to FC. I didn't pull a logcat though, but I definitely will if you want me too.

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
yes it does. I'm about to try it and I'll report back on whether it works or doesn't.

thanks again, bro!

EDIT: okay so the kernel (i know this is the recovery thread..) but I get bootloops on my Verizon Note II using your kernel. It'll boot up but it complains about insufficient charger & about everything seems to FC. I didn't pull a logcat though, but I definitely will if you want me too.

Well you can but I don't know when I'll get to it. Would need separate kernel wouldn't it? I can probably put one out but not this week or anything

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well you can but I don't know when I'll get to it. Would need separate kernel wouldn't it? I can probably put one out but not this week or anything

hmm, honestly I don't believe so, I think we just need some files added for the t0ltevzw. Probably need to add support for t0ltecdma to your source.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
hmm, honestly I don't believe so, I think we just need some files added for the t0ltevzw. Probably need to add support for t0ltecdma to your source.

Well it is. CDMA takes a different defconfig. Same kernel yes but different config. I can build it like I said but has to be CDMA version. It's different

Edit: how late are you up? Like in time from now?

Last edited:

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well it is. CDMA takes a different defconfig. Same kernel yes but different config. I can build it like I said but has to be CDMA version. It's different

Edit: how late are you up? Like in time from now?

I'll honestly probably not be up too much longer. btw, i believe we're in the same time zone, Midwest, I'm in Illinois.

also, quick question, did you find a way to build your recovery without downloading the whole CM source or did you end up downloading all of CM source and then build it that way?

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
I'll honestly probably not be up too much longer. btw, i believe we're in the same time zone, Midwest, I'm in Illinois.

also, quick question, did you find a way to build your recovery without downloading the whole CM source or did you end up downloading all of CM source and then build it that way?

Indiana so yea same time. I already had cm source as I build it with SaberMod. I can run a test build right now if you wanna give it a go

Edit: it's running. Maybe 15 minutes

Last edited:

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
OK here you go. This is a test. Backup boot and make sure you have efs backup just to be safe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/icgup8thnwepiqp/Shift-DB-Kernel VZWTest.zip

thank you sir, I'll test it out now and report back

edit: tried it again and still bootloop and multiple FCs. I pulled the last_kmsg and a logcat and I've uploaded both to this post.
I'm also trying clearing dalvik & cache and rebooting into system to see if that possible fixes it. << no go.

edit2: you'll have to unzip the logcat.txt, xda forums wouldn't let me upload it because it wasn't under the size that they wanted it.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    128 KB · Views: 8
  • logcat.txt.zip
    525.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
for backup or restore TW ROM there's no preload option
in this [DUAL BOOT] [PhilZ Touch Advanced
preload option only shows N/A

Well preload "should" get backed up with system I believe. Preload is used for dual boot. If it wasn't there, Sammy would throw a fit and probably not work

Reactions: alvinhaw

Top Liked Posts