• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[RECOVERY][6.58.9][DUAL BOOT] [PhilZ Touch Advanced ]

Search This thread

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm shocked myself lol. Just been so busy putting together the CyanideL beast LOL that I haven't messed with my kernel much at all. I got it to such a stable point that I have any issues that make me think about having to fix something lol
lol. yeah, definitely loving your kernel! planning on bringing your kernel over to the nexus 6? getting a nexus 6 soon and would love to see shift on it. of course dual boot wouldn't necessarily work seeing as its vanilla Android lol

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
lol. yeah, definitely loving your kernel! planning on bringing your kernel over to the nexus 6? getting a nexus 6 soon and would love to see shift on it. of course dual boot wouldn't necessarily work seeing as its vanilla Android lol

I wish lol. I'm stuck with my n2 for now but hard to complain when I have newer android than almost all devices lol. That nexus 6 tho does intrigue me. I won't build an in depth kernel if I don't have the device. I may flash 50-100 builds when I'm testing one release lol. Just bit feasible without a device

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
I wish lol. I'm stuck with my n2 for now but hard to complain when I have newer android than almost all devices lol. That nexus 6 tho does intrigue me. I won't build an in depth kernel if I don't have the device. I may flash 50-100 builds when I'm testing one release lol. Just bit feasible without a device
makes sense well if you do, I can definitely test it for you when i get it lol

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore

johan1989

Oct 24, 2008
Ede
Philz is outdated, use twrp. I included it in index because it is still a recovery, if older builds work then people can use this if they'd like.

Thanks for you're reply.
I just learned that indeed and installed the TWRP (what fixed my 2 day's of trouble installing a ROM)
But most people who are just do what the big names write them to do are not aware. (because the how-to's of Note 2 are full of Philz)
So, maybe you can add that note in you're index.

limjh16

Oct 20, 2015
Singapore
Thanks for you're reply.
I just learned that indeed and installed the TWRP (what fixed my 2 day's of trouble installing a ROM)
But most people who are just do what the big names write them to do are not aware. (because the how-to's of Note 2 are full of Philz)
So, maybe you can add that note in you're index.
Alright, will do that this weekend. However most of the how to's include philz because it was recommended previously, but not anymore, and since then they haven't been updated.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
I have issues with this recovery too.
Stuck in NoteII logo.

Maybe it is better to inform about these problems in the starterpost?!! @rogersb11
I came here by recent index information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64524126&postcount=4
So maybe that list needs to be checked also! @limjh16

Maybe you should start by learning what you're doing before coming in with an attitude. "I have issues, I won't mention ANY of them but instead I'll just say this sucks, blame the dev and say why the *$#@ did you do this to me"

Again you provided ABSOLUTELY NOTHING meaning ALL devs would completely bypass your post as total nonsense. Additionally, since I never intended to bring up the device for nougat like I did marshmallow I went back to using this for at least the last six months and as it did before, it still works like it's supposed to. I used the recovery for SINGLE boot through most of M and if you're using dual mode it clearly states in the REQUIRED kernel that goes with this recovery that dual is only for KitKat. Do everybody a favor, if you have a REAL issue, provide some facts, with actual proof like a log and exactly how you encountered it or this will get the same type of response or nothing at all from damn near anybody who develops anything. I've developed countless new things for years while remaining "contrib" only still while users like yourself and glory hogs who can't develop squat seem to have full run of this place and full expectation that you are the boss for absolutely no reason while giving back and contributing nothing except some nonsense bug report that wasn't even a bug report because all you reported was literally "issues". Not sure when it was decided that the people who do all the work and actually provide a service for free 99% of the time are expected to greet continual nonsense like this with a smile and a coke like we're at work and have to because we're being paid... Except we aren't.

All you needed to say was " this is what happens, this is how and when and here is the log "and even tho this is beyond ancient os update wise I'd have looked into it but when you respond giving nothing AND entitled displeasure with " issue, you should have told me, the waaaahh is just too strong for anything except this response

Reactions: limjh16

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Alright, will do that this weekend. However most of the how to's include philz because it was recommended previously, but not anymore, and since then they haven't been updated.

If they don't know by seeing the dates that are all over every thread then I'm sure a "note" won't help because if you don't read stuff to begin with lol

johan1989

Oct 24, 2008
Ede
Maybe you should start by learning what you're doing before coming in with an attitude. "I have issues, I won't mention ANY of them but instead I'll just say this sucks, blame the dev and say why the *$#@ did you do this to me"

Again you provided ABSOLUTELY NOTHING meaning ALL devs would completely bypass your post as total nonsense.

Wow, wow,wow.

Indeed, I am abolutely nothing on this forum. I only use the information and software people are producing, I thank for it and if someone realy fixes my problems I PayPall something.
I read as mutch as I think I need to. I am not stupid, sometimes you need a little hint to get further and be able to read the right thing. But you have to know where you have to read!
If I start reading ALL the text on this forum, I'll not be done end of this year.

The point for me was, I am starting on the top of the device forum, I see an index and use it, to get to a proper recovery. I download it and it gives trouble.
No problem, because I have read enough to fix my problem.
But I start checking the next pages and I see more people have trouble's with the phone hanging on the logo and I did not find the issue solved. I also understand that Philz is dead, so no updates for it anymore. I see that the last reaction is 19 months back...
1+1=2. The software will not be any update anymore. On many topics I read I see that the developer say's "long time for me that I use Note 2" no support anymore. I see that there are problems witch are not fixed and I am facing also.
Well well, 1+1=2, let we build this forum for this old phone all together, let me ask to point the information on the central index information list thing, that there are issues with this one, that Philz is dead, that is is better to fix TWRP if you simply need a basic working recovery and if you are not a developper (but an easy installer, do-what-they-say-guy).
That is all I wanted to say.
After this, I installed TWRP, flashed the ROM for the first time without any troubles! (have flashed 20 things (*roms kernels multitools and recovery's) to get it done)

Read,read,read. Agree!
But if you have a little sister, ask her to fix it, and check out where she is reading on the Note 2 forums. You'll see that she is adviced to install the holy grale: Philz.
Because I tried to readreadread, I only wanted Philz because the big names say it. I searched for a updates Philz download. So do not say that I do not read.

So, I am not the average guy who is not thankfull.
But I think you have a lot knowledge and work in you're projects >>> you do not know anymore how mutch you know >>> you do not know anymore how many info it is to understand it all >>> you work hard and get not that mutch thanks for it >>> now overreact a little bit when I ask for a note to software what is years old an give me the same trouble as the last not-fixed posts.

Maybe I was not complete in my information.
Sorry for that.

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
So, I am not the average guy who is not thankfull.
But I think you have a lot knowledge and work in you're projects >>> you do not know anymore how mutch you know >>> you do not know anymore how many info it is to understand it all >>> you work hard and get not that mutch thanks for it >>> now overreact a little bit when I ask for a note to software what is years old an give me the same trouble as the last not-fixed posts.

Maybe I was not complete in my information.
Sorry for that.

HAHAHA, this ^^^^^^ you are so spot on here its scary and that's a great way too say it when you said I know so much I don't even know how much that is anymore and do indeed work super hard on my stuff. You caught me at a not great time as you noticed lol. Thanks for responding again, good way to start my day with a smile because somebody actually "gets it" :D. Sorry about that

johan1989

Oct 24, 2008
Ede
HAHAHA, this ^^^^^^ you are so spot on here its scary and that's a great way too say it when you said I know so much I don't even know how much that is anymore and do indeed work super hard on my stuff. You caught me at a not great time as you noticed lol. Thanks for responding again, good way to start my day with a smile because somebody actually "gets it" :D. Sorry about that

:cowboy:
Thanks. I hate it to make fight on a forum :angel:
Happy to make it right.
Have a nice day!

Top Liked Posts