[Recovery][8.0][Unofficial] TWRP 3.2.1-0 for EMUI 8.0 (06/05/2018)

Search This thread

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
Well its a lot better for power/performance balancing per app, and thats just the beginning.
Thread here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10-plus/development/kernel-hyperplus-kernel-oreo-t3753128
Ive tested it on stock and aosp, only compatible with oreo.
Ok. I will unlock my phone soon and i will try to flash this kernel on stock 369 rom or 370. I have question. Can i update new version of stock rom if i have this kernel installed or i need to flash again stock or restore if i backup stock?

Poslato sa VTR-L29 uz pomoć Tapatoka

irromera153

Jun 5, 2018
Ok. I will unlock my phone soon and i will try to flash this kernel on stock 369 rom or 370. I have question. Can i update new version of stock rom if i have this kernel installed or i need to flash again stock or restore if i backup stock?

OTA is the only thing I didn't have a chance to test, but if huaweis updates use treble images, maybe, just maybe it might work.
Take my word with a grain of salt, but most of the time huawei doesnt update the kernel so in theory it might work.
(Have your tools ready just in case you get a brick, I'm not responsible :silly:)

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
OTA is the only thing I didn't have a chance to test, but if huaweis updates use treble images, maybe, just maybe it might work.
Take my word with a grain of salt, but most of the time huawei doesnt update the kernel so in theory it might work.
(Have your tools ready just in case you get a brick, I'm not responsible :silly:)
Ok i understoond lol [emoji16] I read some pages, guys says it works on VTR L28 P10 (No P10 plus)

Jannomag

Sep 20, 2015
Hamburg
I can confirm, that this version doesn't work on 8.1 treble rom (Remix Resurrection).
On EMUI8 it worked great including decryption, MTP and ADB (incl. sideload).
But on 8.1 only bootscreen, nothing more.

Balteck

Apr 30, 2010
Will it be supported at some point? Or is it a general oreo thing?
Booting into twrp would make applying OTAs much easier in combination with magisk.
It is not a Oreo thing. Huawei bootloader does not support boot command from Fastboot.

Inviato dal mio VTR-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

jhony_ba

Jul 21, 2016
system partition

Nice work,
I only get one message every time i boot up TWRP:

" Failed to unmount '/system' (Device or Ressource busy)

Everything is working fine, so idc about this message....

thx 4 work

nigol

Sep 23, 2012
Arbatax
Restore from TWRP 3.2.1-0

I wanted to restore, but the answer was this:

Can not restore System ... mounted read only

How to get that restore from that backup?
Thank you

nigol

Snuuuuupy

Oct 31, 2010
@Pretoriano80 thanks for the work. One issue I'm facing when trying to backup to PC:

Code:
SnuBook-Pro:~ Snuupy$ adb backup --twrp
Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation...

Nothing happens on the device screen after this. Any ideas?

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
www.flickr.com
Last edited:
Reactions: tw1st3d83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AWARE! THIS IS NOT MY WORK! ONLY SHARE HERE FOR TEST PURPOSE!!

Hello guys! Our p10 doesn't have received so much love from developers around here, anyway, there's some small works to make things easier for p10 users, like @OldDroid TWRP version for EMUI 5.x and some advances from @Blackball on the ROM department.

Right now, for p10 users who had updated their devices to EMUI 8.0, we didn't have any "official" twrp working to our systems, so we have to use Blackball's TWRP version for P10 plus (8.0) with some drawbacks like ADB not working over USB or decrypting /data partition.

I was looking for a solution around this and checking ROM systems across Huawei/Honor platform and i have found something interesting on Honor View 10 forums: a working TWRP which works very well with our p10 8.0 system. I have installed and tested some functions and seems to works very well, so i'm bring it to you to give some more extended testing about TWRP functionality under our system.

Disclaimer

This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Download and Installation
    • Download twrp recovery
    • Start your device in fastboot mode
    • Install the recovery using the following command:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
    • Restart with this command:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    • Enter to the recovery and try it: Vol + (at device boot up)

IMPORTANT: /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.

WHAT I HAVE TESTED:
    • Decrypting data partition: works
    • Mounting /system partition: works
    • Installing ZIP over /system: works
    • ADB over USB (including ADB sideload): works
    • MTP function: works
    • Backup&Restore: works

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE TESTED:
    • IMG writing
    • OTG function

CREDITS:
    **** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him. *** i know him from my SONY devices time, a superb and talented developer ***
    **** @Pretoriano80 - This guy have made all the adaptation of this TWRP for Mate 10/Honor View 10 from zxz0O0 work... All my respect for him!
    **** TeamWin project ,obviously.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    PLEASE TRY IT AND REPORT BACK!
    (06/05)NEW VERSION, THANKS TO @Pretoriano80 for the new build GO GIVE HIM SOME LOVE THERE

CHANGELOG:
    • mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
    • wipe cache is now fixed
    • fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.

ORIGINAL SOURCE:
    GO THERE AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO DEVS

TROUBLESHOOTING
    Some of you have been reporting that mounting /system or another partitions doesn't work. I have discover that you need to decrypt data *before* to mount any other partitions.
    P10 and P10 Plus should test this version it's confirmed working on your devices - - > https://mega.nz/#!9xVgxDwT!NOk3XkSaBX8PC5xjyrZNyIIz52aSoPZFphQNauhTKGQ
    @Pretoriano80 one question, there's a way to support 8.1 roms (treble roms)? This twrp stuck at boot screen
    ok, checked. /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.
    Maybe it's misunderstanding but twrp never goes further than start screen for me
    I can't solve it :/ we should try to contact to magisk dev, he could help us.
    I don't see more people reporting this problem :rolleyes: only some of us.

Good news, they solved the touch problem here.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/how-to/guide-magisk-root-huawei-p10-vtr-l09-t3916801