- Aug 23, 2015
#include <not_my_phone.h> #include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
TWRP 3.7.0_12.1 - Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
Current Status: Stable-ish
- TWRP cannot decrypt userdata if you set lockscreen. (one said it works, other it doesn't, so idk I'll just leave it here, YMMV)
- Flashing anything shows many "unlock" red lines. (They are currently harmless by our knowledge).
<!> PSA: I don't have the device to verify some of these bugs.
- TWRP (3.7.0): https://github.com/almondnguyen/twr...a32-20230208/TWRP-3.7.0_12.1-a32-20230208.tar
- Samsung USB Driver: https://developer.samsung.com/mobile/android-usb-driver.html
- Odin (3.14.4): https://samfw.com/Odin/Samfw.com_Odin3_v3.14.4.zip
- Disable VBMeta: https://forum.xda-developers.com/at...236537/?hash=f7249adaefe16f3aeac3256a63063f0a
- (Optional) Root using Magisk: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/
If you have TWRP or any custom recovery installed and bootable, you can upgrade instead; Look below.
<!> the installation will require WIPING DATA. You will also lose access to all Knox-based solutions like Secure Folder.
Backup every precious data you have on your phone.
<!> PC is required. Windows is preferred. (You probably know what you are doing when using Linux/Heimdall. We don't talk about Macs)
- Unlock Bootloader:
- Go to Settings > About Phone > About Software. Tap build number (10 times) until "you are now a developer" toast shows up.
- Go back, go to Developer Settings.
- Turn on OEM unlock toggle.
- Turn off your phone, hold vol-up + vol-down, then plug in charging cable (please don't use 3rd-party charging-only cable, it must have data transfer capability).
Your device will boot into download mode with a warning. Accept it.
- Hold volume-up until the phone shows the bootloader unlock panel "Unlock Bootloader?".
- Press volume-up again. Now your phone bootloader is unlocked.
<!> It will now begin the process of wiping data. Let it do its job.
- When it reboots to OS, finish setting up your device.
Double check to make sure OEM Unlock is still ON.
- Preparing for the installation:
- Download everything above onto your PC.
- Install Samsung USB Driver.
- Open Odin.
- Connect your phone to your PC. There should be a COM entry on the top.
- Make sure your phone is in Download Mode. (see step 4 of section Unlock Bootloader)
- Make sure that OEM LOCK and REACTIVATION LOCK on your screen show "OFF". If it's not off, DO NOT PROCEED ANY FURTHER.
<!> For those with lock ON, use your device for 7 days without rebooting once. Then check the locks above again.
- Ensure phone is in Download mode.
- In Odin:
- Load in Userdata: VBMeta_disabler.tar file.
- Load in AP: TWRP TAR file.
- Prepare yourself. keep your hand on Volume-up and Power button (don't press yet).
- In Odin, press Start. It will flash, then reboot. When the screen turned off, quickly press Vol-up and Power button to boot to recovery (this should take about 20~30 seconds).
<!> You should have TWRP up and running now.
- MUST: Trigger Multi-disabler.
- In TWRP, go to Advanced > Terminal.
multidisabler, then enter. If it fails with something about vendor free space, run it again.
- Go to main screen. go to Wipe > Format Data, type
- Reboot to Recovery. Now you can do other stuff.
- Should: Backup all vital partitions:
- In TWRP, go to Backup
- Backup: EFS, Modem, NVRAM.
- MUST: Trigger Multi-disabler.
- Enjoy: Reboot your phone to have a rooted stock, install custom stuff or do whatever you want.
<!> Use when you already have any custom recovery installed (TWRP, SHRP, Ofox and the likes)
- Download the tar recovery image, then extract it to get recovery.img
- Copy it to phone, then reboot to TWRP (Combo is Power + Volume-up)
- Go: Install > Install image > select recovery.img file > select Recovery
- Swipe to confirm flashing.
- If success, reboot to recovery.
GSI and related stuff:
GSI should be directly flashable now. Big credit to @Long266
- Install TWRP, do all the instructions.
- Download a GSI. Phh's is a good start.
Releases · phhusson/treble_experimentationsNotes about tinkering with Android Project Treble. Contribute to phhusson/treble_experimentations development by creating an account on GitHub.github.com
- If downloaded a compressed file (the extension is not .IMG; e.g: `gsi.img.gz` ), extract it to get an IMG file. Copy the IMG file to your phone.
- Reboot into TWRP.
- Tap Install > Install Image > Select your GSI .img file.
- Select System Image, then flash.
- If previously you were on stock, Wipe > Format data.
- Reboot System.
- Kernel: https://github.com/long266/android_kernel_samsung_a32/tree/s
- TWRP device: https://github.com/almondnguyen/twrp_device_samsung_a32/tree/twrp-12.1
- Devs involved in the making and maintaining of TWRP, twrpdtgen, Magisk and base software.
- All the Testers.
- @Long266 as tester, collab-dev.
- @ianmacd for multidisabler.
- @afaneh92 for a32x base tree and MTK-Samsung multidisabler.
- @dronkit and @Mighty_Rearranger for Magisk-IMEI fix on MTK devices.
- @klfld for GSI installation guide.
- TWRP 3.6.2_12.1-20220703: https://github.com/almondnguyen/twrp_device_samsung_a32/releases/tag/TWRP-3.6.2_12.1-a32-20220703
- TWRP 3.6.2_12.1-20220528: https://github.com/almondnguyen/twrp_device_samsung_a32/releases/twrp-3.6.2_12.1/
- TWRP 3.6.1_11: https://github.com/almondnguyen/android_OTA/releases/TWRP-3.6.1_11-a32-B20220324
Current Stable Version: 3.7.0_12.1
Last Updated: 2022-07-03