[RECOVERY][A9/A10] [UNOFFICIAL]SHRP 3.0 (20/01/15)

NanduxXxPV

Dec 10, 2020
1610707454711.png

Standard Disclaimer:-

* Your warranty is... still valid?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

SHRP is inspired by Material Design 2 to bring the newest design to TWRP. SHRP provides much more features alongside it's rich UI experience. New and improved dashboard makes it very easy to interact with TWRP. SHRP also got some extra cool features like whole new theming section , flash Magisk (root or unroot), Camera2API enabler directly from dashboard, password protection etc. It's all only just started , a lot more to come.

- Themes
- List view mode along with grid dashboard
- Status bar customization
- New rounded icons added on dashboard
- Notch mode with toggle to disable
- Dark mode or pure white, it's on you
- Navigation bar customization
- Settings + Advanced Settings
- Flash Magisk
- Clear fingerprints.
- Flash ViperFX
- Recovery Locking , Pin or Pattern lock
- CPU core lock/unlock
- Language changing
- HAL3 / CameraAPI2 enabling/disabling
- Oreo+ reboot menu style
- Redesigned lock screen interface
- Flashlight
- Magisk manager - Enable, disable or delete magisk modules right from SHRP
- and many more, flash right now to find out

1. Make sure you have a custom recovery installed
2. Download the latest SHRP recovery for your device
3. Boot into recovery
4. Flash SHRP recovery zip
5. Reboot to recovery.
6. Done

or

Fastboot flash boot shrp.img (currently only for stock vendor ROMs)

Recovery asks for decryption password every boot (You can say that this is a feature that increases security or just an inconvenient bug, i prefer the former)
File Manager back button dosent work, have to press home button to exit
Loading time is slightly longer than SHRP2 on boot
Thanks to @Master_L at the Telegram group for pointing out these small bugs

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12MDRsmJWtbQDCoAXlp1D3U0gHPYA4PSr?usp=sharing

Github
Website
Telegram Group

SHRP Team:
EpicX
DNI9
Giovix92
TeamWin
osmOsis
VR25
Topjohnwu
Mauronofrio
DarthJabba9
Pritish
Kirill
Burak D.
ZJRDroid
LayeardDevMod
Olek & Oliwier

Special Thanks:

@Nikesh001 (for TWRP trees)
@oddlyspaced (for SHRP trees)
@HarukeyUA (for LineageOS trees from which i took kernel and dtbo for recovery)
@AlaskaLinuxUser (for his amazing tutorials for building recoveries)
The Arch Wiki for helpming me deal wih pesky python building errors
Docker Inc. for Docker which helped me to finally compile this in Manjaro ( I don't like Ubuntu)

Please inform if I forgot to mention your name here , thanks !

Maintainer: NanduPV
Based On: TWRP
Source: SHRP 3_9.0

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-45-25.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-45-30.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-45-40.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-00.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-04.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-07.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-27.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-31.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-35.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-41.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-45.pngScreenshot_2021-01-15-15-46-48.png

Last edited:

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
I don't ever see a clear guide how to install this recovery to a stock a10 unrooted device with bootloader unlocked... Step by step with any bricking risc. It's the first Time in ten year that i ever don't undsterstand the correct way to do this

NanduxXxPV

Dec 10, 2020
I don't ever see a clear guide how to install this recovery to a stock a10 unrooted device with bootloader unlocked... Step by step with any bricking risc. It's the first Time in ten year that i ever don't undsterstand the correct way to do this
It is a bit complicated due to A/B system-as-root and new fastboot security restrictions

But, once you understand and do it, it is pretty simple.

Installing / Flashing TWRP (or any other recovery) on A/B devices:

Since all known A/B devices do not have a separate recovery partition, you will eventually have to flash TWRP to the boot partition. On the Pixel 1 and 2, and some other devices, we use fastboot boot to temporarily boot TWRP without flashing TWRP. We then flash a zip installer to to flash TWRP to both slots.

The Mi A3 unfortunately does not support fastboot boot. Instead, users have to determine their currently active boot slot using

Code:
fastboot getvar all

then use,

Code:
fastboot set_active_a
or
fastboot set_active_b

to switch slots to the inactive slot. From here, the user can

Code:
fastboot flash boot twrp.img && fastboot reboot

to get into TWRP. Once in TWRP they can then go to the reboot page and change back to their originally active slot, make a backup, then install TWRP. Using the inactive slot allows users to get a good, unmodified backup of their device before installing TWRP.

Hopefully this helps!

Taken from @Dees_Troy guide on all things TWRP @https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dev-how-to-compile-twrp-touch-recovery.1943625/post-32965389

Note: To get TWRP or in this case SHRP image file, just extract SHRP installer zip and find recovery.img, this is the Image file you need.

Reactions: wetito

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
It is a bit complicated due to A/B system-as-root and new fastboot security restrictions

But, once you understand and do it, it is pretty simple.

Installing / Flashing TWRP (or any other recovery) on A/B devices:

Since all known A/B devices do not have a separate recovery partition, you will eventually have to flash TWRP to the boot partition. On the Pixel 1 and 2, and some other devices, we use fastboot boot to temporarily boot TWRP without flashing TWRP. We then flash a zip installer to to flash TWRP to both slots.

The Mi A3 unfortunately does not support fastboot boot. Instead, users have to determine their currently active boot slot using

Code:
fastboot getvar all

then use,

Code:
fastboot set_active_a
or
fastboot set_active_b

to switch slots to the inactive slot. From here, the user can

Code:
fastboot flash boot twrp.img && fastboot reboot

to get into TWRP. Once in TWRP they can then go to the reboot page and change back to their originally active slot, make a backup, then install TWRP. Using the inactive slot allows users to get a good, unmodified backup of their device before installing TWRP.

Hopefully this helps!

Taken from @Dees_Troy guide on all things TWRP @https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dev-how-to-compile-twrp-touch-recovery.1943625/post-32965389

Note: To get TWRP or in this case SHRP image file, just extract SHRP installer zip and find recovery.img, this is the Image file you need.
Tnx a lot! 🤟

Batpope

Apr 18, 2019
San Francisco, Córdoba
Great contribution! I'm looking forward to unlock bootloader, install recovery and a custom rom on my friend's mi A3. I have done my research but I still have one question. If I wanna keep the recovery after I install the custom rom, do I have to do anything? Or just flashing the zip before installing the rom will do the job? Thanks!

oddlyspaced

Mar 19, 2019
Solar System
Great contribution! I'm looking forward to unlock bootloader, install recovery and a custom rom on my friend's mi A3. I have done my research but I still have one question. If I wanna keep the recovery after I install the custom rom, do I have to do anything? Or just flashing the zip before installing the rom will do the job? Thanks!
Just make sure to flash the Recovery installer zip after the ROM you flash.

Reactions: Batpope