[Recovery access] Jitu QF001 / Roco K706 - Hizpo / Ossuret S4 - S8 (UIS 7862) Headunits (no FYT)

Search This thread

blue_one

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Mate 9
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hi all,

this is a dedicated thread for gaining access to the recovery on the QF001 head units. All other infos and general discussions are posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/general-dis...d-units-with-uis-7862s-not-fyt-based.4525675/

What we have got so far:
  • the whole firmware as flashable zip file
  • adb access with root user via wireless on port 9876
  • reboot bootloader brings up a screen which says "fastboot mode" but thats worthless without a working usb connection
  • reboot recovery boots for a second into a kind of recovery screen and than automatically reboots into normal mode

What i have tried myself so far:
  • flashing the device with a self cooked firmware (SuperR) with integrated magisk recovery. The device went into flash mode but did not accept the file due to signature issues
  • several method to push the reset button to get into recovery. no success...

Every info is very wellcome. Happy trying to all!

Cheers

nyp42

Jan 2, 2023
I tried this. It didn't work but I'm not sure I was doing it right.

There is a link to a text file with instruction in the YouTube comments.

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
Rebooting into recovery from system shows this briefly, then boots back into the system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-190944.png
    Screenshot_20230105-190944.png
    1 MB · Views: 234

Vėžys

Nov 21, 2022
Lithuania
I found something interesting. It's from the FYT device, but it's done very similarly with us.
Maybe it would be possible to make Usb Otg working
Motherboard on photo - our device

Attachments

• IMG_20230109_193021.jpg
    IMG_20230109_193021.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 365
  • IMG_20230109_193141.jpg
    IMG_20230109_193141.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_20230109_193421.jpg
    IMG_20230109_193421.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 359
Last edited:

And-S

Mar 11, 2023
Hello, people. I have good news for the owners of bricks: my seller kindly provided me with the tools to repair a device with a damaged operating system - a flasher and the necessary files for the S8 1024x600. Download all the contents of the folder and sort it out. I don't have time yet. Good luck!

Last edited:

Clyde72

Dec 3, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A70
Lenovo P11
Hello, people. I have good news for the owners of bricks: my seller kindly provided me with the tools to repair a device with a damaged operating system - a flasher and the necessary files for the S8 1024x600. Download all the contents of the folder and sort it out. I don't have time yet. Good luck!
Looks like we have at minimum an USB driver now to connect the HU to pc... looks like it is included in the package for recovery tool...

Last edited:

super_paws

Feb 17, 2009
Scarborough, ON
Thanks to everyone that helped! I have a working unit again!

Figured I'd write a few things here to help anyone else that might have a bricked device.

My device had a corrupt build.prop, so it was not able to boot the system partition at all. On the screen, it was stuck on the initial boot logo screen with the "Powered by Android" logo.

1) Download the above posted package for 2 assets: a) PAC file containing the stock firmware, and b) drivers for the SPD interface of the device
2) For a non-4G device which I had, I went to spdflashtool.com to download the Research Tool. This will allow you to flash firmware onto a non-4G device.
3) Ensure you have enough disk space (~3-4GB) on the same partition as the Research Tool app.
4) Open Research Tool and load the PAC file.
5) Follow the .doc file in the posted package for wiring up the USB interface to the SPD interface. Essentially, you are connecting USB to the 8-pin header on the device, and accessing data via the UART pins. Pin 1 on the 10-pin connector needs to be grounded in order to get the device into the mode for flashing.
6) Press start on Research Tool, and once completed, you should have a freshly flashed device

yoyo linuxien

Feb 7, 2008
Hi, I have the same problem being stuck on Powered by Android logo.

I tried this technique without any success, I have a S3, 4G+Wifi version. Any idea how to solve this problem ? Thanks !

Figured I'd write a few things here to help anyone else that might have a bricked device.

My device had a corrupt build.prop, so it was not able to boot the system partition at all. On the screen, it was stuck on the initial boot logo screen with the "Powered by Android" logo.

1) Download the above posted package for 2 assets: a) PAC file containing the stock firmware, and b) drivers for the SPD interface of the device
2) For a non-4G device which I had, I went to spdflashtool.com to download the Research Tool. This will allow you to flash firmware onto a non-4G device.
3) Ensure you have enough disk space (~3-4GB) on the same partition as the Research Tool app.
5) Follow the .doc file in the posted package for wiring up the USB interface to the SPD interface. Essentially, you are connecting USB to the 8-pin header on the device, and accessing data via the UART pins. Pin 1 on the 10-pin connector needs to be grounded in order to get the device into the mode for flashing.
6) Press start on Research Tool, and once completed, you should have a freshly flashed device

salik68

Oct 3, 2023
Hi, everybody.
I have a headunit Hizpo S8 from last year. I made a big mistake and managed to brick it. I loaded MCU QF03.V01.05.20230617.011021 into it and the audio output stopped working, so I did a downgrade and loaded back MCU QF01.V01.73.20230207.002121. The device shut down and has been dead ever since.
The USB ports are not responding, the display backlight is not working either. That's why it's not even possible to use the tutorials that are in this thread and elsewhere. Even the connection according to the instructions that Clyde72 put in this thread is not functional.
The only thing that works is direct access to the MCU via ST-Link. I am able to program the MCU, but directly uploading the mcu.bin to address 0x08000000 didn't help either.
Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to perform a complete recovery flash using ST-Link?

D

Deleted member 12516827

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all,

this is a dedicated thread for gaining access to the recovery on the QF001 head units. All other infos and general discussions are posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/general-dis...d-units-with-uis-7862s-not-fyt-based.4525675/

What we have got so far:
    • the whole firmware as flashable zip file
    • adb access with root user via wireless on port 9876
    • reboot bootloader brings up a screen which says "fastboot mode" but thats worthless without a working usb connection
    • reboot recovery boots for a second into a kind of recovery screen and than automatically reboots into normal mode

What i have tried myself so far:
    • flashing the device with a self cooked firmware (SuperR) with integrated magisk recovery. The device went into flash mode but did not accept the file due to signature issues
    • several method to push the reset button to get into recovery. no success...

Every info is very wellcome. Happy trying to all!

Cheers
    Great, everything works. A big thank you. Finally unbrick my device
    Thanks for sharing.

It is very interesting what you are explaining, but, what "solution explained at the begining of this post do you mean"?

Did you refered to this

?

I read this maybe outdated procedure was for non-4G models. Hizpo S8 has 4G.

Do you have any official or recent guide?

Thanks again.
    Yes, I used : (See Page 1 of

[Recovery access] Jitu QF001 / Roco K706 - Hizpo / Ossuret S4 - S8 (UIS 7862) Headunits (no FYT))​

In this compressed file, you have 4G installation pack :

1705506289357.png

I applied the procedure as explained in the video and the Word document:

- Connecting the car radio to the PC via a USB A cable (male/male) - Perhaps, you need as in my case to set your own USB wire with 8 pins connector in order to connect the USB cable to UART1_RX/TX pins. (Port F is mandatory !!!). It does not work with original USB port 1 (4 pins connector), 2 & 3 (6 pins connector) of Hizpo - S8.
    - Install Driver (SPRD_NPI_USBDriver_1.4) - 64 bits
    - Launch the UpgradeDownload.exe application for 4G model (in my case)
    - Load the "*.pac" file: QF001_jitu_20230109_user_carletter_v3.08.pac (it loads fine).
    - I then click on Startdownloading before switching on the car radio.
    - I ground pin 1 of the 10-pins C port.
    - I power up the car radio.

It enabled me to unbrick my car radio because I couldn't get into "android recovery" mode without flash the firmware with this *.pac file. The only one solution for me to bring my car radio back to life.

It's the 09/01/2023 version with carletter but then the car radio reboots and you can update via an "update.zip" (classical procedure). I took the 10/11/2023 version (V2.84). Coupled with the MCU QF03.V01.06.20230814.002121, everything seems to work normally (GPS, Radio via a wire with amplifier, Android auto via Z-Link, ...).

With the DSP and my Focal speakers, the sound is more than correct with TIDAL (it seems the sound card handles High Definition audio up to 24-bit at 48 Khz) ...

I hope this helps others in the same situation.

My model : HIZPO - S8 (4G version with MCU DSP BU32107 & Radio TDA7708) - 9" screen