[RECOVERY][All-F2FS] TWRP 3.0.1-0 with All-F2FS support

Search This thread

harsh.

Jul 3, 2015
Mumbai-dombivli
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Unable to chng to f2fs it says "unable to mount system! Same for data .. Why such thing is happening??? cz I was unable to backup my system n data!! Help me I don't know how I have flashed system n gapps rit now.. It just happened someway
Plz plz plz help me

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

krittin98

Dec 23, 2012
theteamk.x10.mx
@Swapnil Solanki I am using your CM13 Build 1. Does the Zeus kernel included in it support f2fs? II tried it, but ended up in a boot loop. Which of the kernels you listed in the OP should I flash now?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Unable to chng to f2fs it says "unable to mount system! Same for data .. Why such thing is happening?? cz I was unable to backup my system n data!! Help me I don't know how I have flashed system n gapps rit now.. It just happened someway
Plz plz plz help me

Did you backup your system & data? Did you flash the recovery Swapnil has mentioned in the OP?

Reactions: harsh.

harsh.

Jul 3, 2015
Mumbai-dombivli
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
@Swapnil Solanki I am using your CM13 Build 1. Does the Zeus kernel included in it support f2fs? II tried it, but ended up in a boot loop. Which of the kernels you listed in the OP should I flash now?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Did you backup your system & data? Did you flash the recovery Swapnil has mentioned in the OP?
I'm unable to do that(backup system n data) cz there is not enough space to backup...
I'm running beta2 n inbuit kernel support f2fs ... As swapnil replied to my threat... Any suggestion plz what should I do?[emoji22]

krittin98

Dec 23, 2012
theteamk.x10.mx
You need to free up some space on your SD card and make a backup then. You can use a card reader or another phone to free up the data on your SD card and then take a backup.

harsh.

Jul 3, 2015
Mumbai-dombivli
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
You need to free up some space on your SD card and make a backup then. You can use a card reader or another phone to free up the data on your SD card and then take a backup.
I have some how manège to turn on mob. Yes it stuck in bootloop with inbuilt kernel. Now its not working properly screen goes black n that's it.. It makes me unable to do anything .... I have flashed kernel which is given in OP .

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
I'm unable to do that(backup system n data) cz there is not enough space to backup...
I'm running beta2 n inbuit kernel support f2fs ... As swapnil replied to my threat... Any suggestion plz what should I do?[emoji22]

Whats your kernel ?
Does your kernel is really support f2fs ?
Try to reboot recovery after changing file system then try to mount again

harsh.

Jul 3, 2015
Mumbai-dombivli
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have changed back to ext4 .. I'll try again after sometime.I flashed kernel given in OP but it stuck in bootloop.
I'm still rookie in all such things?

Last edited:

harsh.

Jul 3, 2015
Mumbai-dombivli
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Yeah, it'll allow you to change the filesystems to F2FS.

It should still be F2FS after flashing KK ROMs. But LP and MM ROMs include an EXT4 image in their zips, so flashing MM or LP ROMs will convert the system partition to EXT4. Data and cache will stay as EXT4.

Formatting data always wipe /data/media. Wiping data with sprout8 recovery keeps /data/media, but as OP says that this is for sprout 4, it'll either not work with sprout8 (not sure) or wipe /data/media if you wipe /data.
As u said system will change back to ext4 then what is meaning to change to f2fs!! Unable to understand![emoji22] can u explain...!
Thanks in advance

out386

Sep 2, 2014
As u said system will change back to ext4 then what is meaning to change to f2fs!! Unable to understand![emoji22] can u explain...!
Thanks in advance

The point is to change the filesystem of data to F2FS. Keep system ext4.
If you want to change system to F2FS as well, read the OP. He wrote instructions on how to keep system F2FS.

Last edited:

prazool007

Jul 2, 2014
Kathmandu
TWRP-2.8.7.0 with "All-F2FS" support

I have modified the standard TWRP recovery to work with F2FS partitions.
This is different from the previous recoveries that i published.
This is for "All-F2FS" that mean that /system, /cache and /data are formatted with F2FS.
Keep in mind that this can work only with a compatible kernel.

What is F2FS?

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

Download:
Zeus-Kernel.zip (CM12.1) - Here
Zeus-Kernel-MM.zip ( MM ) - Here
recovery-sprout-F2FS-All.img - Here

Changelogs:
-29/10/15: Initial Release

To switch your /system, /cache and /data partitions to F2FS follow instructions:

You need:
-Two files you can download above.
-A Android One (Sprout4) device obviously.
-Patience and Time.

Steps:

• Flash this recovery with Fastboot (Maybe Flashify, Your wish)
  • Reboot in new recovery
  • Backup your /system , /data
  • (a) Go to Wipe, then Advanced Wipe, Select /System.
  • (b) Click on "Repair or Change File System"
  • (c) Click on "Change File System" option
  • (d) Select F2FS then Swipe to Change.
  • Repeat steps (a) to (d) with /data and /cache as you did with /system.
  • Now come back to main screen and go to "Settings"
  • Select "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
  • Go to Restore menu and restore your previously backed up data.
  • Now Flash the Kernel zip provided above.
  • Reboot.
  • Done.

It's easier than it seems. :)

To restore partitions to stock:
  • Backup /system and /data
  • Change File System to EXT4.
  • Go to Restore menu and restore /system and /data again.

Hope there's no error in this thread. I've personally tested this procedure.
Enjoy. :D

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][All-F2FS] TWRP-2.8.7.0 with All-F2FS support, Tool/Utility for the OEM Cross Device Development

Contributors
Swapnil Solanki
Source Code: https://github.com/Swapnil133609

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.8.7.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-10-30

Created 2015-10-30
Last Updated 2015-10-30
I would like to know is this format f2fs is similar to CM format? I'm currently using apps2d to overcome storage problem, in stock rom I face apps missing after reboot but not in CM rom so please can you help me elaborate this. tnqu

Rizan Mohammed

Sep 5, 2015
Chennai
My TWRP Recovery is not detecting my SD card due to Marshmallow format the SD card as internal memory.

Would this Recovery solve this issue?

Sent from my Sparkle V using Tapatalk

aureljared

May 2, 2013
dantis.me
Redmi Note 11
My TWRP Recovery is not detecting my SD card due to Marshmallow format the SD card as internal memory.

Would this Recovery solve this issue?

Sent from my Sparkle V using Tapatalk

No, it won't. Android encrypts the SD card when you format it as internal memory, and no recovery can decrypt it. To use your SD card with TWRP again, you should reformat it as portable storage - or you will only be able to sideload ZIPs/flash ZIPs from the internal storage.

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
I have a Lava Pixel v1, sprout8 32 gig model. Can someone point me to a thread with a recovery specifically for the sprout8 ? I am getting a bit confused with the sprout(4|8) situation. Thanks on advance.
@Swapnil Solanki, also can you tell me what procedure is required to flash the recovery??

Last edited:

xenreon

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 2, 2014
I have a Lava Pixel v1, sprout8 32 gig model. Can someone point me to a thread with a recovery specifically for the sprout8 ? I am getting a bit confused with the sprout(4|8) situation. Thanks on advance.
@Swapnil Solanki, also can you tell me what procedure is required to flash the recovery??

Your device isn't sprout, it's second generation android one that's "seed"

check the android one 2nd generation development forum to get a custom recovery for your device

Reactions: MSF Jarvis

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Your device isn't sprout, it's second generation android one that's "seed"

check the android one 2nd generation development forum to get a custom recovery for your device

But as far as I can see, the build number on the stock ROM did mention sprout rather than seed.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_One

This mentions that the seed devices have QCOM chipsets, while mine is a MTK.

Last edited:

GughanRk

Jun 9, 2014
Karur
How about thunderzap ? It doesn't support f2fs ? I tried converting to f2fs ( data and cache ) yesterday but stuck at boot animation .

I'm not quite sure. You've quoted me from half a year ago. There's bound to be added functionality for ThunderZap in this time. Unfortunately, since I've changed my phone I haven't been following new updates.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.0.1-0 with "All-F2FS" support

I have modified the standard TWRP recovery to work with F2FS partitions.
    This is different from the previous recoveries that i published.
    This is for "All-F2FS" that mean that /system, /cache and /data are formatted with F2FS.
    Keep in mind that this can work only with a compatible kernel.

What is F2FS?

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

Download:
    Zeus-Kernel.zip (CM12.1) - Here
    Zeus-Kernel-MM.zip ( MM ) - Here
    recovery-sprout-F2FS-All.img - Here
    TWRP 3.0.1-0 Latest - Here

Changelogs:
    -29/10/15: Initial Release
    -02/04/15 : TWRP 3.0.1-0 Release

To switch your /system, /cache and /data partitions to F2FS follow instructions:

You need:
    -Two files you can download above.
    -A Android One (Sprout4) device obviously.
    -Patience and Time.

Steps:

• Flash this recovery with Fastboot (Maybe Flashify, Your wish)
    • Reboot in new recovery
    • Backup your /system , /data
    • (a) Go to Wipe, then Advanced Wipe, Select /System.
    • (b) Click on "Repair or Change File System"
    • (c) Click on "Change File System" option
    • (d) Select F2FS then Swipe to Change.
    • Repeat steps (a) to (d) with /data and /cache as you did with /system.
    • Now come back to main screen and go to "Settings"
    • Select "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
    • Go to Restore menu and restore your previously backed up data.
    • Now Flash the Kernel zip provided above.
    • Reboot.
    • Done.

It's easier than it seems. :)

To restore partitions to stock:
    • Backup /system and /data
    • Change File System to EXT4.
    • Go to Restore menu and restore /system and /data again.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][All-F2FS] TWRP 3.0.1-0 with All-F2FS support, Tool/Utility for the OEM Cross Device Development

Contributors
    Swapnil Solanki
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-02

Created 2015-10-30
    Last Updated 2016-04-02
    Could you make a flashable zip for the recovery? Thanks!

Sure I'll make it soon. :)
    Keep mashing thanks button

Regards.
    Stop saying F2FS is not working. You're converting CM13's ext4 to F2FS, The kernels available in the OP are not yet modified for CM13, Hence you'll face bootloops. I'll Upload a CM13 compatible kernel for those who're trying to convert CM13's ext4 partition to F2FS.