[RECOVERY][ALL VARIANTS][UBL] twrp 3.1.0-0 [12-05-2017]

Search This thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Flash latest Sony update for your variant.
- Unlock your bootloader using the official guide
- Update your bootloader using instructions from here
- Flash recovery through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery file_name.img)

DOWNLOADS:
TWRP-3.1.0-0

Last edited:

PauSteu

Mar 16, 2017
How to enter Recovery

Can you tell me how to enter twrp?
pressing VOL_DOWN while turning the Phone on does not work for me,
neither does VOL_UP.
My bootloader is unlocked and fastboot seems to have worked:
Code:
C:\Users\1208P\Downloads\twrp>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0.img
sending 'recovery' (15386 KB)...
OKAY [  0.527s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.882s]
finished. total time: 2.413s
The Phone is a Sony Xperia M2 (D2303) on 5.1.1 stock (rooted)

iFlashed

Mar 9, 2015
Madrid
neither does VOL_UP.
Code:
OKAY [  0.527s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.882s]
Bootloader updated?

Enviado desde mi Xperia M2 Aqua mediante Tapatalk

marco2tiger8

Oct 25, 2012
West Jakarta
To enter recovery press power and vol-down button at the same time when the phone is off. Pressing volume at boot logo is for recovery in boot partition (ex:multi-recovery)

Reactions: PauSteu

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
neither does VOL_UP.
Code:
OKAY [  0.527s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.882s]

It is a little tricky

Turn off the phone completely
Hold volume - (just volume down dont press any other botton)
Then hold power botton until Sony logo appears
Then you will see TeamWin splash screen

Arceus99

May 25, 2017
Xperia M2 stuck on Sony logo

I tried flashing Twrp then wiped data but installation gave error and now i have no os phone is stuck on Sony logo. Please help

Alexandroid99

Mar 24, 2014
Berlin
I've got an M2 Aqua D2403 here and the recovery won't boot at all (short flash of black screen, then skips to bootlogo and normal boot; stuck with black screen when booting the image with fastboot). The bootloader is up to date with the latest 5.1.1 release (though I ended up flashing a stock image for d2303 apparently, still works). Is this build incompatible with my variant or is the bootloader not compatible with the recovery? Build number is 18.6.A.0.175

iFlashed

Mar 9, 2015
Madrid
I've got an M2 Aqua D2403 here and the recovery won't boot at all (short flash of black screen, then skips to bootlogo and normal boot; stuck with black screen when booting the image with fastboot). The bootloader is up to date with the latest 5.1.1 release (though I ended up flashing a stock image for d2303 apparently, still works). Is this build incompatible with my variant or is the bootloader not compatible with the recovery? Build number is 18.6.A.0.175

The build is 100% compatible with aqua devices. The bootloader update must be flashed after finishing flashing stock rom.

Alexandroid99

Mar 24, 2014
Berlin
The build is 100% compatible with aqua devices. The bootloader update must be flashed after finishing flashing stock rom.
Yea but what update precisely? I updated to Lollipop (although as I said, a different variant that still boots up nonetheless) and I reflashed using Sony's Emma tool. Still nothing. No dedicated recoveries manage to boot up; only those that are integrated into boot.img work.

Noxialis

Apr 24, 2013
You have to update the boot loader. It's an FTF file that's flashed using Emma. The stock boot loader will only allow the recovery once if you flash it using flashtool, after which, it disappears; the updated boot loader prevents that by giving the system it's own recovery partition with which to boot to.

P.S. it's here somewhere
EDIT: Ditto

Last edited:

Alexandroid99

Mar 24, 2014
Berlin
No matter how I do it (flashtool or emma), it still doesn't boot into recovery. Just the short black screen and normal bootup.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

No matter what I use and do, it still doesn't accept recovery mode. Flashtool or Emma, it doesn't matter. I managed to circumvent this by just flashing twrp to the boot partition. It loads up totally fine.

No matter how I do it (flashtool or emma), it still doesn't boot into recovery. Just the short black screen and normal bootup.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

No matter what I use and do, it still doesn't accept recovery mode. Flashtool or Emma, it doesn't matter. I managed to circumvent this by just flashing twrp to the boot partition. It loads up totally fine.

I have an Aqua device,so you are doing something wrong. .182 update does not include the updated bootloader,you have to flash an extra .ftf which is linked in the OP. Emma doesn't always show the bootloader update,so your safest bet is to use that special ftf....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Flash latest Sony update for your variant.
    - Unlock your bootloader using the official guide
    - Update your bootloader using instructions from here
    - Flash recovery through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery file_name.img)

DOWNLOADS:
    TWRP-3.1.0-0
    New build released!
    Download link updated on the first post.
    Added changelog on post #2
    Enjoy!
    Build 1 (10-3-2017)
    -Initial release

Build 2 (12-5-2017)
    - Add support for f2fs on /data and /cache partitions
    - Enable /persist partition
    Here you'll find new twrp build which is up to date
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...t/recovery-team-win-recovery-project-t3807714

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs
    To enter recovery press power and vol-down button at the same time when the phone is off. Pressing volume at boot logo is for recovery in boot partition (ex:multi-recovery)