Development [RECOVERY] [ALPHA] TeamWin Recovery Project

Search This thread

beicuxhaven

Jan 16, 2011
So my device is detected but no internal memory is displayed. So it is not possible for me to get a CR-ROM on the phone, were it not for this guide. USB cable and drivers are okay. So a flash without USB OTG is possible.

I hope the link to xiaomi.eu is ok here.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Hello
I installed twrp and now I have stayed at the point where I need to install a recovery ramdisk. Unfortunately, I can't access the internal storage to select the twrp file stored on the phone. At the beginning it wanted to enter some password when installing twrp, I did not enter any password and continued on. Twrp knows there is some storage of some size, but it does not appear to me. What should I do please?
Thanks.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hello
I installed twrp and now I have stayed at the point where I need to install a recovery ramdisk. Unfortunately, I can't access the internal storage to select the twrp file stored on the phone. At the beginning it wanted to enter some password when installing twrp, I did not enter any password and continued on. Twrp knows there is some storage of some size, but it does not appear to me. What should I do please?
Thanks.

Go back to system, turn off finger print lock, turn off picture lock, turn off face lock.

Set a password lock, which uses keyboard only.

Reactions: pakino2004

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Ok. I have it.Thanks.

And how do I permanently turn off the password entry option when entering twrp?

EDIT:
And I lost the root via magisk, how to root it again?

Last edited:

AndroZeek

Dec 13, 2011
Does anyone tried to recover the non system apps from a other phone with the migrate backup app through twrp?
Thanks in advance
I have used migrate to move my data from Poco F1 to F3 but I was unable to flash all the migrate backup zips. Only 2 zips were flashed, still most of the apps are restored expect some big apps like Call of Duty game, etc. Contacts, messages, call history are also restored.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Ok. I have it.Thanks.

And how do I permanently turn off the password entry option when entering twrp?

You can go to system and remove the password, but if it became the same as before, which you cannot see the internal storage after removal of password, then set password again. This case means you will need to set password to let TWRP work properly.

EDIT:
And I lost the root via magisk, how to root it again?

Rename the Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and flash in TWRP.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
You can go to system and remove the password, but if it became the same as before, which you cannot see the internal storage after removal of password, then set password again. This case means you will need to set password to let TWRP work properly.

Rename the Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and flash in TWRP.
Great
Thanks very much.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
And if I want to try a complete backup in twrp , uncheck media like photos and videos, then what should I check in twrp for backup? There's enough to check.
Thanks

Last edited:

Angyone1

Sep 6, 2018
Brescia
Hello and excuse my question, this project is twrp official and then it will be released on the official site when it is in stable version? or is it a custom project that has nothing to do with the official website? excuse the question again, don't feel offended please, I'm noob...

Reactions: pranavrocksharma

AndroZeek

Dec 13, 2011
And if I want to try a complete backup in twrp , uncheck media like photos and videos, then what should I check in twrp for backup? There's enough to check.
Thanks
You just need to Backup Data. Whenever you want to restore, Flash ROM zip and then Restore Backup Data. Only data backup is important no other backup is necessary.

marcusmansour

Apr 8, 2019
Hi, I have an poco F3 that I rooted already 3 times, but I do not know why it Lose the root after some time.. What can I do to fix it?
I havent done any update or nothing to lose it.

pakino2004

Dec 21, 2010
Gran Canaria South
Xiaomi Poco F3
Can someone tell why it's so hard to change from nebrassy to the other twrp. It's ram disk related? I've messed my system. After the fastboot flash of the alternative recovery the system was laggy but the new twrp was there. I've flashed the miui.zip again and the system was recovered but nebrassy was back again. Wtf. Like monopoly. One round for nothing

Last edited:

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
is Twrp will still in Alpha version forever for it phone ????? What this ****
really that shame for community XDA
i'm only guessing here, but perhaps the virtual A/B presents issues for developers of twrp.... but i'm no expert by far. feel free to have a read up on the subject, though. if you can do better, go ahead. but that's a pretty big if
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/virtual_ab

couple whatever the technical reason is for apparent awkward development with the fact these guys have their own lives to lead - beyond supplying us everyday users with awesome recoveries, kernels, roms etc FOR FREE - maybe you should chill out and be thankful for what you've got. all good things come to those who wait.

really no need to start swearing in frustration at the dev's dude, that's disrespectful. show some respect to the dev's dude.

like i say, if you can do better then go ahead... oh wait, you can't.

Jinzuken

Feb 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
you have no idea of what are you talking about. It takes days, weeks or even months to develop like this software and yet you chose to criticize the length of an alpha version of this twrp? lol user

do you even know that there's an existed another version of twrp? Have you tried it? no? try to search next time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up

fixed usb config (fastbootd and adb sideload now work)
    fixed vibration
    removed partitions shown twice in menus
    data can now be safely formatted after flashing
    new flashing method, Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    added toggle in settings to automatically flash TWRP after flashing a ROM, it will only be flashed after a payload.bin rom (custom roms only not MIUI ports)
    further fixes for flashing roms
    i'm only guessing here, but perhaps the virtual A/B presents issues for developers of twrp.... but i'm no expert by far. feel free to have a read up on the subject, though. if you can do better, go ahead. but that's a pretty big if
    https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/virtual_ab

couple whatever the technical reason is for apparent awkward development with the fact these guys have their own lives to lead - beyond supplying us everyday users with awesome recoveries, kernels, roms etc FOR FREE - maybe you should chill out and be thankful for what you've got. all good things come to those who wait.

really no need to start swearing in frustration at the dev's dude, that's disrespectful. show some respect to the dev's dude.

like i say, if you can do better then go ahead... oh wait, you can't.
    i'm currently using the other twrp from vassi... can i flash this recovery with out losing data?
    Yes, recovery doesn't have anything to do with data or system

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

Hello, this is an alpha build of TWRP, for Poco F3/Mi 11X/Redmi K40

touch and adb work
    flashing works
    USB OTG works
    Decryption is working

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. go to Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    3. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    4. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

if Flash Current TWRP fails, go to Backup > Refresh Sizes and try Flash Current TWRP again

Updating to a newer build:
    1. download new build to internal storage
    2. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    3. select the new image
    4. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    5. if you were using magisk, reflash it now

Send me a beer: Crypto(Preferred) | PayPal

Trees:
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_xiaomi_alioth-TWRP
    https://github.com/nebrassy/device_xiaomi_sm8250-common-TWRP

Telegram group: https://t.me/NSSFB

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=325130
    New build is up

fixed usb config (fastbootd and adb sideload now work)
    fixed vibration
    removed partitions shown twice in menus
    data can now be safely formatted after flashing
    new flashing method, Advanced > Flash Current TWRP
    added toggle in settings to automatically flash TWRP after flashing a ROM, it will only be flashed after a payload.bin rom (custom roms only not MIUI ports)
    further fixes for flashing roms
    new build is up
    -fixed spunvm spam in log
    -fixed flashing payload roms, stock and custom AOSP roms should now flash correctly
    @Nebrassy Nice work - tested on my crDroid working-build and all ok 👍
    Never, why would you ever do that
    Maybe he wants to flash BrickOS