[Recovery] and [Root] Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T110, CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Isis111

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks love, I appreciate the help. It seems no one has found a way to unlock the S4 bootloader, which in and of itself pretty amazing, but if thats the way I have to flash that thats what I'll do. Thanks again

Cheers, Krissy

Isis111

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta
Thank You

The only time safestrap is required is when a device has a locked bootloader. Safestrap is not a custom recovery in the same sense as Philz. It is also very limited in the functions it can perform due to the locked bootloader (ie. Can't flash boot.img). I have never had to use Safestrap, so my knowledge is a little limited.

Sent from my SCH-I605

I am so happy that your around, your advice is always to the point, and at least for me, always on target. Even though this is my sisters phone I'm working on I have to tell you how sick I am of buying something, like these devices, software, etc... I don't really own the device. The manufacturers have managed to find away of sellling us stuff and retaining ownership, its nauseating. Sorry, didn't mean to soap box ya, its just a pet peeve. If they were smart they unlock the boot-loaders and my guess is they'd sell more phones since allot of noobs would brick em.

That's all my pontificating I'm gonna do tonight, sorry, giggle. :D

Reactions: gr8nole

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I am so happy that your around, your advice is always to the point, and at least for me, always on target. Even though this is my sisters phone I'm working on I have to tell you how sick I am of buying something, like these devices, software, etc... I don't really own the device. The manufacturers have managed to find away of sellling us stuff and retaining ownership, its nauseating. Sorry, didn't mean to soap box ya, its just a pet peeve. If they were smart they unlock the boot-loaders and my guess is they'd sell more phones since allot of noobs would brick em.

That's all my pontificating I'm gonna do tonight, sorry, giggle. :D

Thank you very much for the donation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605

Reactions: Jespert

Isis111

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta
Very Welcome, I think if you devs help us noobs then we should all donate, but that's just me and so far no one has offered me Goddess of the world. My son-n-law does IT at ESPN so I know how hard you guys works. Keep up the great work,

Reactions: gr8nole

ejhay007

May 29, 2012
why i can't go into recovery? it always turns off.. :( philztouch and cwm. both not working on tab 3 t110. is there a fix?

Reactions: haasjes

Fidelcastrol

Mar 21, 2008
Hi,

Could use some help. Flashed Philztouch successfully following this guide. Everything went perfectly.

Then I tried to flash DrKetan rom...and all went to hell.

Can't boot to ROM anymore ! I go directly to recovery every time the tablet boots. Tried to reflash using ODIN, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm quite knowledgable when it comes to HTC devices, but right now I'm quite stuck.

svicenty

Apr 5, 2012
I think only works on the t110 and that's a tab 3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

If that's the case you pretty much brick your device just look up how to unbrick my htc on xda you'll find it

Fidelcastrol

Mar 21, 2008
I think only works on the t110 and that's a tab 3

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

If that's the case you pretty much brick your device just look up how to unbrick my htc on xda you'll find it

My bad, forgot to tell that I'm using a Tab 3 lite...so of course I don't use this on my One ! ;)
Anyway, fixed the tablet using samsung restore file. Then TWRPed it / rooted with success.

Last edited:

yes.comment

Feb 9, 2010
Budapest
hello there!
thanks for the root and custom recoverys!

but how could i go back to stock??? (i only installed root and TWRP recovery!)

cheers

mrhughy

Jan 23, 2013
stock firmaare

Ok..so I cant boot into custom recovery even though odin says flash was successful, tried with several recoveries, stock recovery is all I get, would like to flash stock firmware, didn't see a firmware for the US model, I say a fix for my problem somewhere in this forum would like to try it, just need to know the correct firmware to flash. Thanks ..Mod # sm-110

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
This is the partition layout for the 217S
Code:
[email protected]:/ # ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 aboot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 backup -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 carrier -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 efs -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 fota -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 fsg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 hidden -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 modem -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 modemst1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 modemst2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 pad -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 param -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 persdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 rpm -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 sbl1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 sbl2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 sbl3 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 ssd -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 tz -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2014-04-06 03:23 userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
[email protected]:/ #
how much rework would need done for this recovery to work on our tabs?

TheAreS

Sep 9, 2013
Istanbul
Hi,
I want to just root my tablet but after i flash root zip i get signature error. For flash root zip i tried to install CWM and Philz CWM. Odin says Reset (If i select F Reset Time) or says Pass (if i unselect all) (file in PDA) but after i enter recovery mode no cwm, stock recovery. I tested everything. Minimum 20 times i installed. I downloaded 2 apps for root my device. Please help me!

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
My recipe is:
- flash stock recovey in cwm/twm/philz
- now it boots to stock recovery. It says a command (or binary? - dont remember) not found error, then reloads itself
- in stock recovery do a cache wipe (not data, not factory defaults, just cache wipe)
- than it formats cache

Than selecting reboot my t110 boots as expected
Clearing cache with cwm makes no sense, bootloop to cwm remains, so there must be difference how stock and cwm clears cache.

WHERE do you get a STOCK RECOVERY image to flash to this thing? I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! WHY is there NO stock ROM links or stock RECOVERY links in the main thread!? The main thread says if this don't work you gotta flash stock ROM.. OK, well WHERE is the link especially to the US version??? I can't find one for US!? And I'd rather just do what you say and flash the stock RECOVERY instead of flashing the entire ROM. !?!!?

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
WHERE do you get a STOCK RECOVERY image to flash to this thing? I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! WHY is there NO stock ROM links or stock RECOVERY links in the main thread!? The main thread says if this don't work you gotta flash stock ROM.. OK, well WHERE is the link especially to the US version??? I can't find one for US!? And I'd rather just do what you say and flash the stock RECOVERY instead of flashing the entire ROM. !?!!?

OK PEOPLE. I created an MD5 file of the STOCK RECOVERY that you can flash with ODIN when in DOWNLOAD MODE!!! THEN boot into recovery, that would be STOCK recovery, and just WIPE CACHE partition. Nothing about Dalvik, just the option that says to WIPE the cache. Then reboot. This will take you OUT of the CURSED custom recovery bootloop WITHOUT having to REFLASH your ENTIRE DEVICE with the STOCK firmware, wherever the heck that might reside.

MAYBE you can then flash a custom recovery using FLASHIFY or something from within Android but all I really want right now is root and I have that. I was stuck in the custom recovery boot loop and did NOT want to redo my ENTIRE device's ROM. So this is the way out. This info and file should be posted in a highly visible area, sticky or something? Someone posted that they flashed the stock recovery, but didn't post a file just said they used the custom recovery. I couldn't find any flashable zip of the STOCK recovery. I did however find an IMG of the stock recovery and I made it an MD5 file flashable with ODIN.

At last I get RELEASE from my OCD for the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• recovery.tar.7z
    7.9 MB · Views: 2,334

KaoticEvil

Jan 25, 2012
www.bludragyn.net
OK PEOPLE. I created an MD5 file of the STOCK RECOVERY that you can flash with ODIN when in DOWNLOAD MODE!!! THEN boot into recovery, that would be STOCK recovery, and just WIPE CACHE partition. Nothing about Dalvik, just the option that says to WIPE the cache. Then reboot. This will take you OUT of the CURSED custom recovery bootloop WITHOUT having to REFLASH your ENTIRE DEVICE with the STOCK firmware, wherever the heck that might reside.

MAYBE you can then flash a custom recovery using FLASHIFY or something from within Android but all I really want right now is root and I have that. I was stuck in the custom recovery boot loop and did NOT want to redo my ENTIRE device's ROM. So this is the way out. This info and file should be posted in a highly visible area, sticky or something? Someone posted that they flashed the stock recovery, but didn't post a file just said they used the custom recovery. I couldn't find any flashable zip of the STOCK recovery. I did however find an IMG of the stock recovery and I made it an MD5 file flashable with ODIN.

At last I get RELEASE from my OCD for the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO MUCH! This is exactly what I needed. A customer brought their tablet in to me. They had tried to root it (no idea how), and it was stuck in a recovery bootloop. I loaded Philz (from post 4, Awesome recovery, btw. Thanks gr8nole!!) SPent several hours looking for a stock US ROM, and found no joy.

Downloaded, extracted your recovery, flashed with ODIN, and bam!

Reactions: petermg

nexbr

Nov 13, 2010
Jau
Blackscreen with This CWM on SM-T111M

I'm flashing the CWM from this topic the "T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.tar.md5" on my SM-T111M, But all i get is a Black Screen, Someone can help me?

CptKlink

Aug 14, 2011
Edmonton
Not to be rude but whats the point of any of these custom recoveries when none of them work? And also whats with the neglect of the Tab 3 Lite I guess Devs don't like cheap editions of phones or tablets.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I'm flashing the CWM from this topic the "T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.tar.md5" on my SM-T111M, But all i get is a Black Screen, Someone can help me?

Well i know for me you have to wait a few secs/mins for any of the recoveries to actually boot then its just a matter of the custom recovery actually working.

nexbr

Nov 13, 2010
Jau
Not to be rude but whats the point of any of these custom recoveries when none of them work? And also whats with the neglect of the Tab 3 Lite I guess Devs don't like cheap editions of phones or tablets.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Well i know for me you have to wait a few secs/mins for any of the recoveries to actually boot then its just a matter of the custom recovery actually working.

I already waited for a long time, I just tested with a video and the one from the video boots in about 15 seconds, my just black screen.

i guess this version does not work with SM-T111M, Team Win Recovery boots but i get stuck on the Recovery.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I already waited for a long time, I just tested with a video and the one from the video boots in about 15 seconds, my just black screen.

i guess this version does not work with SM-T111M, Team Win Recovery boots but i get stuck on the Recovery.

When you get the black screen, hit volume up or down and see if menu appears.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    End of support. Thread closed.

If you get stuck in recovery and can't boot into Android, you need to install the stock recovery to get Android to boot.

Stock recovery flashable zip located HERE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8
    (TWRP is in post 3, Philz Touch in post 4)

Click HERE for the latest version.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @Unjustified Dev for device and kernel source trees
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Instructions:
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them). Also need to enable USB debugging.
    7. Select "PDA" (or AP) then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Unzip the file you downloaded so that you have a file named "recovery.tar.md5".)
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 9).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly. Only use the 3-button method to boot into recovery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE for the latest version.

Stock recovery flashable zip located HERE.

TWRP is reported to be causing problems for now. Please use CWM or Philz Touch (post 4) for now.

TWRP 2.7.0.1 (unofficial)

Click HERE to download the latest version.

I do not have a T110, so this recovery has not been tested by me. Please report if it works for you.

Same install instructions as above.

After installation, you may experience slow behavior in recovery if you use the button combination to boot into recovery. Using Quick Boot from the play store or any other software method to boot into recovery will solve this problem.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media/0".

Please report any issues here in this thread and be sure to include which recovery you are using.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you already have root, you can extract the recovery.img from this zip and flash it without Odin by using Flashify from the Play Store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click HERE to download the latest version.
    I see no reason why it should not work for you as it has others.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Please share what you did differently to get it to work in case others may have the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605

i flashed stock! not necesarry unless you do something wrong i think.. then i installed supersu from play store. and then rebooted to download mode. and installed cwm with odin 3.09 and powered the device on. made it fully boot. then turned it off. then press power, volume up and home. and then cwm started. another might just start when connecting usb. one of them should work. then installed SUPERSU zip from Chainfire. download it from his page.. instead of that root zip that was supplied here. SUPERSU makes the difference i think.. do it like this and hopefully it will work out for you too! me and my girlfreind has now been sitting here on skype and using splashtop in 13 hours.. we managed to root her Galaxy Tab 3 Lite T110! succesfully!! Cheers!
    Unofficial Philz Touch Advanced CWM recovery HERE for testing.

Credits to Phil3759. Original thread located HERE.