MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Switch to TWRP 3.4.0
sodp twrp 2020-06 security patch level
stock twrp 2020-05 security patch level for firmware 52.1.A.2.1

Now both twrp should work without a ROM being installed (empty system/vendor/oem partitions) and still be able to decrypt your userdata.
Also the stock twrp touch should now always work instead of playing russian roulette.

Reactions: TacoLoco

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Thanks to the fixes in 3.4.0 we got now a TWRP with the following enhancements for STOCK and SODP:

- This TWRP will work with future 10.0 ROMs, you don't need a new build matching the security patch level of your ROM.
- You can install this TWRP again with the buildin ramdisk patcher. Please follow the installation instructions.

Please test and report back if you got any touch / decryption problems.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
@MartinX3

XZ2 Compact here, tried the Version from 0611 and 0613 and with both I got stuck at SONY Logo.. Where can I pull a log for you in this case?

STOCK or SODP based ROM?
STOCK or SODP based TWRP?

You booted into fastboot with software and not with the hardware buttons?

And I hope you didn't flash it with "fastboot flash boot twrp.img"

you could try to press PWR+VolUP for a short time, then shortly after it should crash
Then you should be able to get the /sys/fs/pstore folder files in your system (needs root)

Or if that doesn't work maybe a dump of your TA partition.
You use a 10.0 ROM with kernel 4.14 (SODP) or kernel 4.9 (STOCK)?

Last edited:

TacoLoco

Nov 28, 2007
STOCK or SODP based ROM?

you could try to press PWR+VolUP for a short time, then shortly after it should crash
Then you should be able to get the /sys/fs/pstore folder files in your system (needs root)

SODP Based ROM and TWRP, did enter bootloader with hardware keys.. I know this stands under known bugs but wouldnt it be more idiot proof to write this into the installation section as a separate step?

Thanks Martin for your ongoing dedication!

Reactions: MartinX3

TacoLoco

Nov 28, 2007
Aaaand added! :)
Nice to hear and thank you for your report! :)

Nice :)

But now running into the next issue, when executing "Fix Recovery Bootloop":

cd /tmp/repackorig/ && /sbin/magiskboot hexpatch kernel 77616E745F696E697472616D667300
736B69705F696E697472616D667300 process endet with ERROR: 1
Error patching kernel.

It boots me to TWRP every time, I think this is related..

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Nice :)

But now running into the next issue, when executing "Fix Recovery Bootloop":

It boots me to TWRP every time, I think this is related..

What happens if you reboot the twrp and try it again?
Or if you flash magisk and try to boot?

Do you use a modified kernel?

Did you "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" by accident?

Last edited:

tanty0

Sep 7, 2020
MartinX3, thanks for all your work!

I have a xz2c dual and, thanks to your guides, backed up the TA partition and flashed the latest Unofficial TWRP recovery with the up to date stock image.

My experience is that the problem with some boots not having the touchscreen working is still there. Fortunately, after rebooting you get a new chance ... and sometimes it actually works.

I used TWRP to install the latest Official LineageOS 17.1. It worked well. However, after that, TWRP was replaced by Lineage Recovery (?!) and I'm now unable to boot into recovery with the Unofficial SODP TWRP to flash it back.

Any guess of what could be the problem? Do you plan to provide a version which would work with the Official LineageOS 17.1 image?

tanty0

Sep 7, 2020
I used TWRP to install the latest Official LineageOS 17.1. It worked well. However, after that, TWRP was replaced by Lineage Recovery (?!) and I'm now unable to boot into recovery with the Unofficial SODP TWRP to flash it back.

Any guess of what could be the problem? Do you plan to provide a version which would work with the Official LineageOS 17.1 image?

Answering myself back. Yes, this is known and you have already stated that you plan to look at this whenever you find the time: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83172223&postcount=345 , and below ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Switch to TWRP 3.4.0
    sodp twrp 2020-06 security patch level
    stock twrp 2020-05 security patch level for firmware 52.1.A.2.1

Now both twrp should work without a ROM being installed (empty system/vendor/oem partitions) and still be able to decrypt your userdata.
    Also the stock twrp touch should now always work instead of playing russian roulette.
    Thanks to the fixes in 3.4.0 we got now a TWRP with the following enhancements for STOCK and SODP:

- This TWRP will work with future 10.0 ROMs, you don't need a new build matching the security patch level of your ROM.
    - You can install this TWRP again with the buildin ramdisk patcher. Please follow the installation instructions.

Please test and report back if you got any touch / decryption problems.
    @MartinX3

XZ2 Compact here, tried the Version from 0611 and 0613 and with both I got stuck at SONY Logo.. Where can I pull a log for you in this case?

STOCK or SODP based ROM?

STOCK or SODP based ROM?

SODP Based ROM and TWRP, did enter bootloader with hardware keys.. I know this stands under known bugs but wouldnt it be more idiot proof to write this into the installation section as a separate step?

Aaaand added! :)
    Nice to hear and thank you for your report! :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone