• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] [APPS] ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image v1.6 3/8/2010

Search This thread

nicuro

Dec 8, 2007
Pastia here...

I have found the answer. Maybe it helps somebody... So if you want to be able to go into clockworkmod recovery without ROM manager:

In the clockworkmod folder from the phone you can find "recovery-update.zip". Simply copy that to the root and rename it "update.zip". Then, you can boot into the normal recovery and select install update.zip witch takes you to the clockworkmod recovery.

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
This app is so well thought out and complete that I'm actually surprised to say that I have a feature request...

When asking if GApps should be downloaded, would it be possible to display the version number (file name)? I usually download updates with ROM Manager, but then flash them manually... if the GApps version hasn't changed, I don't need to copy it to a more convenient flashing folder (since I will already have a copy there).

Thanks for the awesome app,
Billy

mosrobit

Oct 9, 2010
Wyoming
I installed the free version of Rom Manager and then bought the pro version of it and when I go under the download rom section the only option that's listed is free and a folder called extra's. I flashed the clockwork recovery and applied the advanced settings but nothing is appearing so what am I doing wrong??

version 2.5.1.2

jkittelsen

Nov 11, 2007
CM nightlies not displaying in Clockwork

About ever few weeks the CM nightlies stop showing under download anyone know how i can fix this?

G

GuestX0019

Koush

Looked over most the pages, didn't see my question. Have asked it on other RM/CW forums and even emailed you a few months ago.

Will you ever include a more recent amon_ra recovery as your alternate. I use RM/CM exclusively, but amon_ra gives more flexibility on partitioning. IE over 512 and ext2 to 3. So I need to flash it occasionally. Would like latest version on RM if possible.

Ken

G

GuestX0019

Had this problem occur a couple times, but now seems permanent

Can not reboot into system from recovery, just get X logo

Running eVil's Desire HD and recently repartitioned to 1024 sdext 3

Last time it happened after the ext increase which I did with amon_ra, I was able to get out of recovery by wiping and reinstalling eVil's backup. Has not worked this time

Will try restoring a different rom. Did a fix permissions from recovery. If I get back to system will do one thru RM and maybe try booting into recovery thru a second app like quickboot, bypassing RM.

Ran a error test in recovery and just said tmp recovery log sent to sdcard, or something to that effect

All went well on repartition and rom was running well. Wouldn't think ext size is to blame unless RM doesn't support for some reason that escapes me.

Any help greatly appreciated, still stuck on X

Ken

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

Update:

Did a wipe while in recovery and restored a differnet rom. It restored then said can't mount sd card something about the mtd block that it's file does exist but can't mount sdcard. It did then rboot into system and new rom.

Just did a fix permissions thru RM and will look at my sdext thru Quick System.

Seems nothing of new rom went on ext

So, now a backup made with the ext at 512 and restored to a 1024 one still thinks apps are on ext cause they won't open like music etc but are not there.

Went back and booted into recovery, bypassing RM and using Quick Boot to get to CW recovery. Restored eVil's rom that worked.

What do I make of this. RM at fault, if so why did I have same issue with amon ra. And do I have to reflash roms over again for them to work on new ext?

Any help?

Ken

Last edited:

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
What is the order for queuing?
Like is First queued flashed first?
Or last queued flashed first?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

G

GuestX0019

Koush

Looked over most the pages, didn't see my question. Have asked it on other RM/CW forums and even emailed you a few months ago.

Will you ever include a more recent amon_ra recovery as your alternate. I use RM/CM exclusively, but amon_ra gives more flexibility on partitioning. IE over 512 and ext2 to 3. So I need to flash it occasionally. Would like latest version on RM if possible.

Ken

Well I see some versions go to 4gb. Other part of question still on table.

Question now is I can't always boot into recovery thru Rom Mgr with version 2.5.1.0 or reboot into system.

Changed to 2.5.1.4, the latest showing in the "All Recovery's" option. But when I flash Clockwork thru RM it defaults back to 2.5.1.0. Have had the paid version for a long time. Which is the right one to be using and why if I flash the latest it reverts back to 2.5.1.0.

Did notice after flashing 2.5.1.4 I had to go in and check Advanced. If I did not have that checked in 2.5.1.0 (I always do) would it keep me from going into recovery.

Just did a bu with 2.5.1.4 and again could not reboot into system. Do I have a bad recovery and how to fix.

Sorry if this was already addressed.

Ken

Last edited:

D200P13

Apr 28, 2010
in a room
hmm i dont know what is the official version. i got 2.5.1.4 recovery but the rom manager says 2.5.1.0 is the latest but the official website says 2.5.0.1

G

GuestX0019

Thanks DP

Confusing to me.

And what's up with the new "Warning" when I start RM. Says I have rooted my phone, voided my wty, and RM will send info to Google, Must tap OK to use RM.

Are they protecting themselves or helping Google in identifying rooted phones?

Ken

G

GuestX0019

My error

RM is now 2.5.1.8

CW is 2.5.1.0

Probably could update CW from site, if there is a newer one. All working OK now.

ken

ArcaneMethods

Jan 19, 2010
User Manual?

I know that documentation has become passe following Microsoft's lead but a user manual would be greatly appreciated. It should explain what it does when you ask it to do something (anything) as well as how to do the things it is capable of.

A great perspective for the manual's author would be the assumption that this is one's first exposure to rom and boot management.

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
My error

RM is now 2.5.1.8

CW is 2.5.1.0

Probably could update CW from site, if there is a newer one. All working OK now.

ken

Ken, You kmow right now I am running RM 3.0 and CW 2.5.1.1 (which I flashed manually and is the best recovery I found so far) but RM still shows the latest recovery is 2.5.1.0 but I just ignore that. LOL :D

playwiz

Apr 26, 2009
Can't seem to boot back to phone!

Hey guys! Quick question -- I'm very new at all of this, and decided to give RM and CWM Recovery a try. I have a G1 with android 1.6, got it rooted, and then decided to try RM and CWM. Now, I can't seem to boot back to the phone. It always takes me to CWM screen. What should I do?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I've written a brand spanking new recovery with a Android application front end!

To install my ROM Manager and recovery, simply download ROM Manager from the Market!

ROM Manager:
    screenshot1268046508600-20100308-031048.jpg

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    main.png
    directory.png

ClockworkMod Recovery is based off the eclair recovery image. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options (ignore asserts and signature checks), and file browser for choosing update.zips (you can now organize your stuff by directory).

Bug fixes.
    File list now scrolls in recovery.
    Added hooks for ROM Manager.

Initial public release.

For a manual installation of the recovery, you can download it from my website:
    http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html
    The link to download the .apk from the official site is not working!!!

I would like to have the APK to complete my "off-net" rooting/flashing/upgrading setup. It's the only APK i haven't found yet. And I don't D/L links from third-party for this kind of apps (critical when doing rooting/flashing).

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if you need for Froyo or Gingerbread, so here's both. (if there's even a difference)
    Anyone have just the img for clockwork? I can't get it to flash my recovery using ROM manager in texasICE ICS.

here you go :)
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-passion.img

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    You, Sir, are in the wrong section of XDA. This is a Nexus One ONLY section... You would be better of posting a question in the Nexus S forums...

sorry about that :/ and thanks