• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY][arm64]TWRP Recovery [3.2.2-r1] [10 July 18]

Search This thread

rajatgupta1998

Jan 12, 2015
Shimla
Moto G4 Plus
OnePlus 6
url]

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This is my own unofficial customized build of 64 bit twrp for athene. It can be used on both Nougat and Oreo (32 bit and 64 bit ROMs) without any problem.

Known Bugs:
Encryption will not work. (Will be hopefully fixed in future builds) Not tested yet.

Changelog:

~~ -r2
* Overhaul twrp tree and add arm64 support
~~ -r1
* Based on AOSP/OmniROM 8.0.0_r32 release
* Fix stuck on 'black' screen entering recovery
* minui fixes (cryptomilk)
* Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
* Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
* Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
* Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

How to flash:

By fastboot:
* You should have an unlocked bootloader and adb and fastboot set on your computer properly. Check this thread if you haven't done it already.
* Download the .img file on your computer and keep it in your adb folder (Windows only)
* Boot to fastboot mode and then connect your phone to the computer. Open a command window/terminal and
type this command:

To temporarily boot twrp:
Code:
 fastboot boot <filename.img>

To flash it to the recovery partition:
Code:
 fastboot flash recovery <filename.img>

~Note: Linux users might want to add "sudo" before the respective commands.

*Now manually reboot to the recovery mode using the volume down keys. The current ROM will patch the recovery partition to its earlier state if this step isn't performed and you directly reboot to the system.
At this point, twrp should greet you and after you allow modifications, do whatever you want to. :good:

~From presently installed TWRP on the device:
* Copy the .img file to your phone and reboot to recovery
* Tap Install > Choose Flash Image > Navigate to the path where you copied the .img file and choose it.
* Choose Recovery Partition
* After the install being successful, go to home and tap Reboot > Reboot Recovery.
At this point, twrp should greet you and after you allow modifications, do whatever you want to. :good:

Downloads:

Latest build: Direct Link

Older Builds: [url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/twrp-athene/files/[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
twrp-athene, Tool/Utility for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
tywinlannister7
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery[/URL]
[url]https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952[/URL]

Version Information

Created 2017-12-20
Last Updated 2017-12-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-20-10-28-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-20-10-28-46.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 11,327
  • Screenshot_2017-12-19-21-40-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-19-21-40-45.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 11,196
Last edited:

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
Smart Watches
thanksss dev for your work dev
i have noob qn
can i restore aosp oreo Rom data backup to lineage rom without problem
That's not related to twrp. Restoring the whole data partition from one rom to another causes problems for sure. Better to use titanium backup and backup/restore user apps with it.

rajatgupta1998

Jan 12, 2015
Shimla
Moto G4 Plus
OnePlus 6

Attachments

• photo_2017-12-30_17-44-14.jpg
    photo_2017-12-30_17-44-14.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,636
  • photo_2017-12-29_15-58-06.jpg
    photo_2017-12-29_15-58-06.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,635

arun4777

May 6, 2015
cochin
i m facing a minor bug in my recovery it does not show exact time of device
and i had to set wrong time zone for see accurate time in recovery ......
is it a known bug?? or am i the only one facing it?
im on LOS 15.1 WITH stock kernal
thanks for fast update dev????

Last edited:

xXRockGamerXx

Dec 12, 2015
I notice they Ghost touch with they USB cable and PC connected for ADB Sideload (and this affect to the ROMs)

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

I forgot to say that in this recovery for arm64 3.2.1.0 I don't have the arrow of the mouse appearing sometimes in the center of the screen (always on recovery, and sometimes on the system)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This is my own unofficial customized build of 64 bit twrp for athene. It can be used on both Nougat and Oreo (32 bit and 64 bit ROMs) without any problem.

Known Bugs:
    Encryption will not work. (Will be hopefully fixed in future builds) Not tested yet.

Changelog:

~~ -r2
    * Overhaul twrp tree and add arm64 support
    ~~ -r1
    * Based on AOSP/OmniROM 8.0.0_r32 release
    * Fix stuck on 'black' screen entering recovery
    * minui fixes (cryptomilk)
    * Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
    * Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
    * Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
    * Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)

How to flash:

By fastboot:
    * You should have an unlocked bootloader and adb and fastboot set on your computer properly. Check this thread if you haven't done it already.
    * Download the .img file on your computer and keep it in your adb folder (Windows only)
    * Boot to fastboot mode and then connect your phone to the computer. Open a command window/terminal and
    type this command:

To temporarily boot twrp:
    Code:
     fastboot boot <filename.img>

To flash it to the recovery partition:
    Code:
     fastboot flash recovery <filename.img>

~Note: Linux users might want to add "sudo" before the respective commands.

*Now manually reboot to the recovery mode using the volume down keys. The current ROM will patch the recovery partition to its earlier state if this step isn't performed and you directly reboot to the system.

~From presently installed TWRP on the device:
    * Copy the .img file to your phone and reboot to recovery
    * Tap Install > Choose Flash Image > Navigate to the path where you copied the .img file and choose it.
    * Choose Recovery Partition
    * After the install being successful, go to home and tap Reboot > Reboot Recovery.

Downloads:

Latest build: Direct Link

Older Builds: [url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/twrp-athene/files/[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    twrp-athene, Tool/Utility for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    tywinlannister7
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery[/URL]
    [url]https://github.com/rajatgupta1998/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952[/URL]

Version Information

Created 2017-12-20
    Last Updated 2017-12-20
    Update 09 June 2018

Changelog:
    * Use my own personal manifest and fork of twrp/omni source( available at my git)
    * Fix FAT32, exFAT, NTFS rw support for USB/OTGs. SDCards should also work fine (not tested, mine's vFAT)
    * Grab latest changes from OmniROM and TWRP source
    *Used Loony kernel as the kernel source and compiled using latest gcc 6.4
    *Probably fix encryption too (Can't test myself as of now)
    *pigz optimisations
    *Remove TWRP APP
    *Remove in recovery SuperSU
    *Remove HTC Dumlock
    *Disable Vibration by default
    *boost performance during analysis
    *boot up should be a bit faster. first boot is always a bit slower
    *set default brightness at 100 instead of 255 (Only because 255 is the max value and it seems to be a bit eye blinding other than the fact that people having faulty displays with ghost touch seem to have problems at full brightness)

Download: Direct Link

SHA1: 33246c9d9aba7225dd5dddfb403e0e53f90e680b
    MD5: ba1f5064a70dbf1899af24f147886b0c

Remember that sourceforge doesn't allow downloads directly on the mobile devices sometimes so make sure you visit the link and view it as a desktop site.
    Update: 30 Dec 2017

Changelog
    *Add support for flashing 64 bit ROMs
    *Fix bugs from -r1 except encryption :3

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/twrp-athene/files/twrp-3.2.1-r2-arm64-tywinlannister7.img/download
    Updated to 3.2.2, so r1 is ready for download. Download here:
    Direct Download

SHA1: 067b540fab5b579ab737daf1e7721a392a62a101
    MD5: 5f507207ff7edc872748c3824ae17e79

Bugs are still the same as per 3.2.1-r4 . Encryption being broken specially. I personally am not a fan of encryption on devices with unlocked bootloaders. USB OTGs are mountable, if not, keep the USB Disk plugged in and then reboot recovery.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs
    An RC build for testing.

This test build should be stable enough although, my main release will come up later.

Changelog:
    * Switch to 64bit crypto blobs
    * Possibly fixed Encryption (I need you guys to test encryption, I can't encrypt my device right now)

Thanks to @Nikit for this. ;) :good:
    Download here and report.
    If something doesn't work, please get proper logs. Kindly follow proper bug reporting fashion.
    Cheers! :D