[RECOVERY][begonia][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 8 Pro

fi4tch

Oct 14, 2017

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Features:
All function in a normal TWRP
Supports English and Chinese
Supports MTP

Install guide:
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" in command line
5. Reboot and enjoy it

Download:
*click*

Last edited:

fi4tch

Oct 14, 2017
Can you please share your experience with the thermals i am confused:confused:
don’t listen to anyone about heating, I’m a fan of MMORPG, I play every day for 2-3 hours in a row on the phone and all those who say the phone heats up to 50-52 degrees, this is not true, after 2 hours of play I have the phone warmed up 46 degrees, under the cover it feels like normal heating, I advise you to take this phone, you will not regret it

girishjangir7

Jun 28, 2017
Bengaluru
don’t listen to anyone about heating, I’m a fan of MMORPG, I play every day for 2-3 hours in a row on the phone and all those who say the phone heats up to 50-52 degrees, this is not true, after 2 hours of play I have the phone warmed up 46 degrees, under the cover it feels like normal heating, I advise you to take this phone, you will not regret it
On charging does it go over 45 degree and what about gcam support????
And How much time does it require to charge as it is 18w charge ???
Lastly are you in the telegram group(https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-8-pro/how-to/redmi-note-8-pro-official-telegram-t3972171) if yes whats your username???

Last edited:

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Göteborg

girishjangir7

Jun 28, 2017
Bengaluru
I think we should keep this thread focused in twrp! We can discuss in other threads about the phone itself. :)

So, can someone describe the process of installing twrp?
Just those questions only and for installing twrp is the same steps are required i guess because its the same as all xiaomi phones just unlock bootloader and flash using fastboot flash recovery twrp_name.img:)

fi4tch

Oct 14, 2017
Post edited by moderator: please, the support should happen here on the thread. Thus, post content deleted.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xristos79

Oct 1, 2019
how come that none of the above works on mi redmi note 8 pro :s
i tried every rom and nothing works..
even if i instruct it to boot from the rom im trying to flash it wonk work
it pops some kernel ramdisk error

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Göteborg
how come that none of the above works on mi redmi note 8 pro :s
i tried every rom and nothing works..
even if i instruct it to boot from the rom im trying to flash it wonk work
it pops some kernel ramdisk error
But there aren't any custom ROMs for redmi note 8 pro. Do you mean maybe flashing/booting the recovery?

itocogan

Mar 8, 2019
REDMI NOTE 8 PRO IS DEAD
I have a redmi note 8 pro phone after opening the boot loader and continue to install twrp successfully but when I install the magisk manager hp bootloop after that I flash using the fastboot room china back to normal again, after that I try to install the latest MIUI 11 ROM but after I install it magisk manager returned my cell actually turned off completely, but if I connect the cable to the pc the notification light turns on and is connected and then I try to flash using the SP FLASH TOOL application has mediatek after I input the file mt6785_android_scatter.txt, then the flash out notif "error: status_sec_auth_file_needed 0xC0030012) ", required to enter file: authentication file. well I hope and ask for help the developer of the application or program to create a file: authentication file for redmi note 8 pro or for cipset mt6785, because my cellphone will not be able to come back if I do not have the file, please help me for the users and developers for the HP Redmi Note 8 Pro. sorry if my english is not good, please help me please:(

ReyBrujo

Dec 14, 2015
REDMI NOTE 8 PRO IS DEAD
I have a redmi note 8 pro phone after opening the boot loader and continue to install twrp successfully but when I install the magisk manager hp bootloop after that I flash using the fastboot room china back to normal again, after that I try to install the latest MIUI 11 ROM but after I install it magisk manager returned my cell actually turned off completely, but if I connect the cable to the pc the notification light turns on and is connected and then I try to flash using the SP FLASH TOOL application has mediatek after I input the file mt6785_android_scatter.txt, then the flash out notif "error: status_sec_auth_file_needed 0xC0030012) ", required to enter file: authentication file. well I hope and ask for help the developer of the application or program to create a file: authentication file for redmi note 8 pro or for cipset mt6785, because my cellphone will not be able to come back if I do not have the file, please help me for the users and developers for the HP Redmi Note 8 Pro. sorry if my english is not good, please help me please:(
Hi, I don't know if this applies to new versions of miui, but In previous versions it was necessary install the Lazyflasher after installing TWRP. :cyclops:

robbie_lpl

Jul 21, 2018
Nope, lazyflasher doesn't do anything.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

The custom recovery works only straight after flashing it and the first reboot. After the next reboot it gets overwritten by the stock recovery. Flashing magisk bricks the device, so back to fastboot and flashing the stock rom :eek: :(

Last edited: