[RECOVERY][BOOT][ROOT][VFD-1400] Vodafone Prime Tab 7

Search This thread

slim2100

Apr 19, 2017
Old fwr

Thanks misterfx for your time for uploading and sharing the old firmware.
Unfortunately i tried many times using Sugar but it does always download and install the new firmware unstead the one i place .
Is there any other flash software that can flash this Rom directly ?

All regards

misterfx

Aug 31, 2016
Hi,
have you disconnected the tab during new fw download and replaced after download just the files from the folder in the rar to the new folder? You can compare file names, if they are really the same... after that, sugar should find the "new" files and flash the device... it works on my tab.

Best wishes,
MrFX

slim2100

Apr 19, 2017
Vdf 1400 Old firmware

Thanks misterfx for your Patience..

After replacing the file ,Sugar will find them and i click on Upgrade ?
Once the old fmw been flashed , will i be able to install Supersu from recovery or i have to use fused# method and change the recovery and boot files?

Thanks again for your patience..

All regards

slim2100

Apr 19, 2017
Vdf 1400 Old firmware

Hi
Thanks misterfx.
Finally i have installed the old firmware of September 2016.
Do you know how i install Supersu zip from recovery so i can access root privilege.
Thanks

misterfx

Aug 31, 2016
Hi,

make the setup in android, activate adb, then reboot into recovery with adb command (i. e. with Minimal ADB package): adb reboot recovery.
In Cyanogenmod Recovery you can now flash the supersu zip (Apply update, Choose from emulated), up/down with volume keys, enter with power key.

Best regards,
MrFX

Last edited:

slim2100

Apr 19, 2017
Finally got root access

Thanks misterfx
Finally got the Root access ..
You are the best !!
Thanks to fuse# as well ..

dreamdx

Apr 7, 2009
Guys, don't make it so complicated.
Just flash the new Firmware with the OLD modified Recovery and Boot.
After the flash is done just go to recovery, and via adb, push my modified boot from the NEW firmware (attached files).
Voila, wifi working.

And before anyone asks, no it's not possible to flash the Mod recovery from the old FW with the MOD boot from the new one directly.

Code:
adb remount 
adb push boot.img /system
adb shell dd if=/system/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26

Attachments

• B1BEJ0J0CD00.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Reactions: gella1992

dima9751

Dec 18, 2012
Guys, don't make it so complicated.
Just flash the new Firmware with the OLD modified Recovery and Boot.
After the flash is done just go to recovery, and via adb, push my modified boot from the NEW firmware (attached files).
Voila, wifi working.

And before anyone asks, no it's not possible to flash the Mod recovery from the old FW with the MOD boot from the new one directly.

Code:
adb remount 
adb push boot.img /system
adb shell dd if=/system/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26

Hello dreamdx.

There is now new version 1BEJFGJ1.
Do you think your mod boot file will work with it too?

Thanks.

melaconda

Dec 2, 2017
Brasilia - DF
Recover my Alcatel PoP 4 Premium OT 5051j using Sugar !

Thanks to the credentials in the download package, you helped me recover my Alcatel PoP 4 Premium OT 5051j using Sugar, whose Bootloader was Corrupted, I thank you so much !!!!

Last edited:

creatzs

May 28, 2014
Hello

I am currently trying to unbrick my mothers VF1400 which just gaver up last night and stopped booting.
After not being able to get into Recovery Mode or Download Mode / EDL with Button combinations I managed to boot it into EDL Mode with a selfmade EDL Cable but still Mobile Upgrade Q / Sugar wont flash the device.

My last idea is, to try flash the device with QPST but I can't make any sense to the file names from the stock rom - does somebody know which files are which or where I could look those up?
For example OP found B1BEB0B0CD00.mbn is the bootloader and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

melaconda

Dec 2, 2017
Brasilia - DF
I do not know if it helps, but it might have some idea, my Pop4 5051j was practically dead, but I found out that even without any sign of life, it still connected in EDL mode, using the "Qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" port, even when the screen is off.

I just held the keys to the EDL mode of my device, and I used the USB disconnect audio and connection, and the Windows "Device Manager" to guide me, as soon as the device reconnected, I released the mode keys EDL and clicked the Upgrade button on Sugar.

Sorry for my English.

P.s I read somewhere that the "driver signing" mode on windows should be disabled to get flash on devices.

Last edited:

FraudeX

Sep 6, 2017
Can you send me a video ? Please !

Hi, I don't speak english.Can you send me a video ? :crying:

fused#1

Jul 31, 2007
I got this tablet with the latest updates (security patch level from 6th of November 2017). What is the easiest way to root it?

Hi,

been away for a while and haven't checked this topic. You should probably be able to flash the recovery with the method in the first post, but without flashing anything else. Then you need to boot directly into recovery because it will overwrite the recovery from the system image on the next normal boot. You then might be able to flash SuperSU and have it stick - but no guarantee.

Given that this tablet really was locked down pretty tight and I used dirtycow (now patched) to get root to dump the original images.... that's probably about the only way...

Except you want to do it over. The kernel in my git repo works with the recovery, so you could just compile a twrp and modify all the system images accordingly,

Hi, I don't speak english.Can you send me a video ? :crying:

What's your mother tounge? Iirc, there was a german translations around somewhere...

Last edited:

HTalaia

Mar 3, 2012
Help

I was searching for a solution for this tablet. As stated on this thread, this one is very difficult to root or to change the recovery because it's very well locked by vodafone.
This tablet is stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i would like to change the build.prop in order to change to userdebug to activate the multiwindow feature.
I just wanted to change this file, as getting root seams to be impossible (i have tried this thread but i am not able to get root or install a custom recovery to do it).
Can anyone help me?

Thank you

G

GuestD0001

Newest Firmware Stuck

I made a mistake!
I flash recovery via newest firmware and device can't open anymore!
How to return back edl mode?
Device won't boot up!
Bootanimation appears but doesn't open!
Stock Recovery works!

Last edited:
G

GuestD0001

Hi, I tried your guide today, but it failed at flashing the alternative bootloader and recovery. System was not able to boot anymore after flashing the second time with your altered files.

Display only showed "powered by android" and nothing else happened. Luckily I found out that you are able to switch back into EDL mode when this happens:

- Shut down device (disconnect any cable and press power until display switches off)
- Press Vol+ AND Vol- for about 10 seconds and then insert USB cable
-> "powered by android" label flashes up and then display goes black and voila you are in EDL mode again :)

---------------------
Here comes my question:
Is it possible that your bootloader and/or recovery are incompatible with latest FW version? Could you have a look at the current bootloader and recovery to get selinux in permissive mode again? I attached the original bootloader and recovery that was downloaded with SUGAR QCT_SP.

Also this returns me to Charging Animation

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I was searching for a solution for this tablet. As stated on this thread, this one is very difficult to root or to change the recovery because it's very well locked by vodafone.
This tablet is stuck on Android 6.0.1 and i would like to change the build.prop in order to change to userdebug to activate the multiwindow feature.
I just wanted to change this file, as getting root seams to be impossible (i have tried this thread but i am not able to get root or install a custom recovery to do it).
Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Changing build.prop is doesn't work in this tablet. If you have custom recovery, back to edl mode and reinstall firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE BY USING THIS METHOD

Warning: this will only work with the older firmware (Android 6.0.1/1BEBFDB1 )

What this will achieve:

You will flash a modified boot image that runs selinux in permissive mode.
    You will flash a custom recovery that allows you to root the device.
    After you are done, your userdata will most likely not be encrypted anymore. You can re-enable encryption in the system settings.

DOWNLOAD

1. Install the usb drivers that come with the device, in /system/etc/USBDriver.iso.
    They are also in the download package, in USBDriver/.
    Run Setup.vbs.

Also install SUGAR QCT_SP v11.1.2 Setup.exe from the download package.

2. Connect your device to your computer and boot it into EDL mode (enable usb debugging).
    adb.exe reboot edl

3. Run SUGAR QCT_SP (use credentials from download package), select VF1400 device and click on the upgrade button.
    It will download the latest official firmware update into "C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin\VF1400-2AVXXXX" (VF1400-2AVDDE1, for me).
    After the download is done and the flashing started, make a copy of the VF1400-2AVXXXX folder to your Desktop.

4. While the flashing is going on, we can start to modify out copy of VF1400-2AVXXXX.
    In it should be a folder, most likely called 1BEBFDB1 (version number of the update).
    Inside that folder should be the .mbn files we care about: B1BEB0B0CD00.mbn (boot image) and R1BEB0B0CD00.mbn (recovery image).

Possibly they will be called differently, but I assume the boot image always starts with B and the recovery with R.
    You can check "C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\tool\logs\Sugar_XXXXXXXX.log" to make sure which file is which.

Replace B1BEB0B0CD00.mbn with boot.img from the download and R1BEB0B0CD00.mbn with recovery.img.

5. After the flash is done and the device rebooted, put it in edl mode again (after enabling usb debugging).
    adb.exe reboot edl

6. Now, *before* we start SUGAR QCT_SP again, copy the VF1400-2AVXXXX into "C:\Program Files (x86)\SUGAR QCT_SP_Gotu2\bin"

7. Start SUGAR QCT_SP, select VF1400 device and hit upgrade.

Congratulations! After flashing and after the next reboot you are running with selinux in permissive mode and you can flash SuperSU from the recovery.

Now copy the latest SuperSU flashable zip into your internal storage and install it from recovery.

The recovery used is CM-13.0, device tree based on https://github.com/zwliew/android_device_xiaomi_land
    Being compiled with prebuilt kernel from boot.img.
    Hi,

i've now tested and installed xposed.
    You need this files: xposed-v87-sdk23-arm.zip, XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk and for safety the xposed-uninstaller-20160829-arm.zip.
    Install the xposed-v87-sdk23-arm.zip with recovery, after reboot install the XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk.

Best wishes,
    misterfx
    TWRP recovery

Hello.

All work as expected, thanks a lot for that.

I wonder if someone have manage to install TWRP recovery.

I mainly interesting of NANDroid Backup i can take with TWRP recovery.

How can i do that?

Thanks at advance.
    Hi, I tried your guide today, but it failed at flashing the alternative bootloader and recovery. System was not able to boot anymore after flashing the second time with your altered files.

Display only showed "powered by android" and nothing else happened. Luckily I found out that you are able to switch back into EDL mode when this happens:

- Shut down device (disconnect any cable and press power until display switches off)
    -> "powered by android" label flashes up and then display goes black and voila you are in EDL mode again :)

---------------------
    Here comes my question:
    Is it possible that your bootloader and/or recovery are incompatible with latest FW version? Could you have a look at the current bootloader and recovery to get selinux in permissive mode again? I attached the original bootloader and recovery that was downloaded with SUGAR QCT_SP.
    Hi,

quite possible.

I wasn't even aware of the new firmware version. Obviously this only works with the old firmware. I will make that clear in the original post.

What firmware/android version is it? Maybe I'll look into that today or tomorrow.

Cheers

edit: I'm not even being offered the new firmware. Can you upload all of it somewhere?

---------------------
    Here comes my question: