[RECOVERY][c70n][OFFICIAL] TWRP for LG Spirit H440N

Search This thread

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

SSAA-gc.png

Download & Installation (assuming, you've unlocked the bootloader following Korelev's instructions)
1) Download and open the Official TWRP App from the Play Store
2) Select TWRP flash
3) "Select device" > "LG Spirit LTE (H440N) -- c70n" > select the latest image available
4) When the image is downloaded, return to the app and "select a file to flash". Select the downloaded image and tap "Flash to recovery"
5) Reboot to recovery

You're in TWRP!

NOTE
: To boot into recovery with hardware buttons use this method. Power off the device > press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously > keep pressing them until the LG logo shows up > when the LG logo shows up, let go of the buttons for 1 second and then press them again. A factory reset menu will show up. Select "Yes" two times to "wipe" your device. Don't worry, this will actually NOT wipe your device. It will boot into recovery normally. This is because LG phones are a bit different and they instruct the recovery (TWRP in this case) to automatically perform a factory reset of the phone by triggering the /misc wipe flag. I mapped /misc partition to a different partition (/pad) so TWRP doesn't perform a factory reset.

BUGS:
battery indicator (sometimes)

Some features were untested, but the most important ones seem to work just fine. As I'm pretty unexperienced with this, help from other devs would be greatly appreciated. If you come up with an improved version of my build, let me know and I'll edit the OP ASAP.

XDA: DevDB Information
[RECOVERY]Official TWRP for LG Spirit H440N, Device Specific App for the LG Spirit H440N

Contributors
Fobos531

Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_c70n

Version Information

Thanks to:
@midzan21
@Korelev
@pvineeth97
@cerg2010cerg2010

If I've left anyone out, please let me know. I'm new to this too :D

Created 2017-02-27
Last Updated 2017-03-24

Last edited:

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
CHANGELOG

#1 2017-02-27 - first build
#2 2017-02-27 - screen timeout bug fixed
#3 2017-03-02 - fixed booting into recovery with hardware buttons, you can now do that normally
#4 2017-03-11 - TWRP 3.1.0 released, check the changelog here

Last edited:

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
Is this the desire twrp? I think you should post it at kernerls recoveries and development subforum instead of the guides one. Good work!

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Make sure you flashed the c70n_recovery3.img(I forgot to update the link till today) recovery image since that's latest one with all fixes so far.

Last edited:

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Another build up, download from the OP.

The difference between this build and the one in post #9 is that in post #9 I used a dirty hack that told TWRP to ignore the /misc wipe flag when booting into TWRP with hardware buttons on LG phones. In the newest build I removed that hack and instead the mapped the /misc partition to a different partition (/pad) so the factory reset doesn't occur. The reason this was needed is because, with the previous build, if we had LineageOS and tried to do a factory reset in the system, it wouldn't work because of the hack I used. Now the factory reset will work when performing a factory reset on (future) custom ROMs.

Alanon

Oct 17, 2013
Belgrade
@Fobos531: Hi, just wanted to tell you that the latest TWRP didn't seem do what the OP says. If I understood correctly, the intended behaviour on stock roms should have been to ignore the factory reset commands and just boot up TWRP for normal use.

When I selected yes for the second time, to confirm a factory reset, TWRP booted executing some kind of a script (forgot the exact name), and never gave me a chance to stop it. After that it rebooted. It technically performed a factory reset, only using TWRP to do it.

Did I misunderstand something in your explanation? I'm running stock MM, installed using Korelev's zip.

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
@Fobos531: Hi, just wanted to tell you that the latest TWRP didn't seem do what the OP says. If I understood correctly, the intended behaviour on stock roms should have been to ignore the factory reset commands and just boot up TWRP for normal use.

When I selected yes for the second time, to confirm a factory reset, TWRP booted executing some kind of a script (forgot the exact name), and never gave me a chance to stop it. After that it rebooted. It technically performed a factory reset, only using TWRP to do it.

Did I misunderstand something in your explanation? I'm running stock MM, installed using Korelev's zip.

Can you specify the exact name of the "latest" TWRP you're referring to? I flashed the exact TWRP that is currently in the OP and booting into TWRP with hardware keys works completely fine for me. I encountered this script you're referring to as well, but that was when I was using an older version of the build. The newest image that I built shouldn't do that.

If there are more issues, feel free to send me a PM in your native language. I speak it so we should be fine.

Alanon

Oct 17, 2013
Belgrade
I pretty much flashed them in order of appearance, closely following your posts. If I remember correctly, the first was called recovery.img, then there was c70n_recovery.img, and finally twrp.img, which was the last one I flashed. The only memory I have is of these names, and I have a twrp.img in a folder on my PC. The file attributes, like the time of creation, match.

If I didn't flash the latest twrp, I still must have flashed the build with the previous factory reset hack, which still doesn't explain what happened. The only explanation I can think of is that that somehow Flashify didn't really overwrite the existing twrp?

Anyways, It's not all that big a deal, since I boot to recovery from the OS in 90% of the cases, and ADB is always there as a backup solution. This was really about testing to see if it worked, for if and when this was the only option. I've already reflashed the twrp from the first post, but I'd really hate to have to go through another factory reset in search of confirmation. I just got the apps sorted again. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Fobos531

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
I pretty much flashed them in order of appearance, closely following your posts. If I remember correctly, the first was called recovery.img, then there was c70n_recovery.img, and finally twrp.img, which was the last one I flashed. The only memory I have is of these names, and I have a twrp.img in a folder on my PC. The file attributes, like the time of creation, match.

If I didn't flash the latest twrp, I still must have flashed the build with the previous factory reset hack, which still doesn't explain what happened. The only explanation I can think of is that that somehow Flashify didn't really overwrite the existing twrp?

Anyways, It's not all that big a deal, since I boot to recovery from the OS in 90% of the cases, and ADB is always there as a backup solution. This was really about testing to see if it worked, for if and when this was the only option.

If you've indeed flashed the build with the previous factory reset hack, you may have left out the "cd /cache/recovery, echo '--show_text' etc." steps. I suppose they have to be done every time a build is flashed.

I've already reflashed the twrp from the first post, but I'd really hate to have to go through another factory reset in search of confirmation. I just got the apps sorted again. xD

Fine, no problem, the only unfortunate thing that could happen is if you were to flash a custom ROM and it would bootloop, you wouldn't have much chance of properly getting into recovery (since it would execute that wipe script AFAIK) and you wouldn't be able to flash the recovery through fastboot either so it's worth getting the recovery right, at least before flashing custom ROMs.

Remember, you can always make a Nandroid backup of your ROM in TWRP and then test if you can boot into TWRP with hardware buttons, and if factory resets the phone, you can have it set up like before by restoring the backup in TWRP.

inoxentrajaa

Jun 4, 2016
how to boot into twrp recovey with key.?
when i go to twrp recovery my phone going to auto reset.
i install marshmellow rom with twrp.
plz help

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
how to boot into twrp recovey with key.?
when i go to twrp recovery my phone going to auto reset.
i install marshmellow rom with twrp.
plz help

Make sure you flashed the latest TWRP (link is in the original post) using the procedure described in the original post.

To boot into TWRP recovery with hardware keys:
Power off the device > press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously > keep pressing them until the LG logo shows up > when the LG logo shows up, let go of the buttons for 1 second and then press them again. A factory reset menu will show up. Select "Yes" two times to "wipe" your device. Don't worry, this will actually NOT wipe your device. It will boot into recovery normally

Reactions: inoxentrajaa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

SSAA-gc.png

Download & Installation (assuming, you've unlocked the bootloader following Korelev's instructions)
    1) Download and open the Official TWRP App from the Play Store
    2) Select TWRP flash
    3) "Select device" > "LG Spirit LTE (H440N) -- c70n" > select the latest image available
    4) When the image is downloaded, return to the app and "select a file to flash". Select the downloaded image and tap "Flash to recovery"
    5) Reboot to recovery

You're in TWRP!

NOTE
    : To boot into recovery with hardware buttons use this method. Power off the device > press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously > keep pressing them until the LG logo shows up > when the LG logo shows up, let go of the buttons for 1 second and then press them again. A factory reset menu will show up. Select "Yes" two times to "wipe" your device. Don't worry, this will actually NOT wipe your device. It will boot into recovery normally. This is because LG phones are a bit different and they instruct the recovery (TWRP in this case) to automatically perform a factory reset of the phone by triggering the /misc wipe flag. I mapped /misc partition to a different partition (/pad) so TWRP doesn't perform a factory reset.

BUGS:
    battery indicator (sometimes)

Some features were untested, but the most important ones seem to work just fine. As I'm pretty unexperienced with this, help from other devs would be greatly appreciated. If you come up with an improved version of my build, let me know and I'll edit the OP ASAP.

XDA: DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY]Official TWRP for LG Spirit H440N, Device Specific App for the LG Spirit H440N

Contributors
    Fobos531

Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_c70n

Version Information

Thanks to:
    @midzan21
    @Korelev
    @pvineeth97
    @cerg2010cerg2010

If I've left anyone out, please let me know. I'm new to this too :D

Created 2017-02-27
    Last Updated 2017-03-24
    We're official!

From now on, you can use the official TWRP app to update to latest builds of TWRP. You don't need to fiddle with Flashify and the adb commands anymore. If any issues pop up, please let me know.

Enjoy!
    I think you have to reboot after unlocking the bootloader, double-check the Korelev's guide. Try flashing when you boot up in the device. If official TWRP app doesn't work out, try the Flashify method.

Success! Thanks. :)
    TWRP 3.1.0 is released, download from the OP, changelog in second post