Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 for LG Optimus V
About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Get out of recovery boot loops
4. Touch screen button controls!
5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
6. GooManager support!
7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
8. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
9. Advanced Backup
10. Delete old backups!
11. Persistent settings
12. User-defined backup locations!
13. ADB Sideload
14. Touchscreen calibration
Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a heaping helping of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.
What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be quite lengthy), or paste it on pastebin.com.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!
1. Follow these instructions (external link) for installing flash_image if you haven't already done so.
2. Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access
3. Download the Cannibal Open Touch image from the download link below.
4. Place the recovery image on your SD Card.
5. Fire up an ADB shell
6. Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now.
7. Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image)
8. Reboot to recovery mode
Already have a custom recovery?
1. Download the ZIP installer from the download link below
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Flash the ZIP installer as you would a ROM or Kernel (that is, flash it from recovery)
Main Recovery Screenshots
Main Gallery (external link)
Themes Gallery (external link)
Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.1:
Note: The below link is an external link to the Project Open Cannibal forums. We do not require registration to download any public release, but we'd sure appreciate it if you stopped by to say hello
Cannibal Open Touch Download