[Recovery] ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Modded for Internal media

Search This thread

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
I QUOTE Post 1:

Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

The QuickBoot don't reboot to Recovery. Use the "Transformer reboot to Recovery" market, widget "Reboot2Recovery". This work well, reboot to Recovery. I use it.

Last edited:

DammedKiller

Feb 25, 2012
I have a doubt whit this recovery. What is the difference between apply update from sdcard and install zip from sdcard?

Enviado desde mi Transformer TF101 usando Tapatalk

Aug 20, 2008
difference clocokworkmod 5.5.0.4 roach and 3.1.0.1. solarnz

Sorry, maybe a silly question, but what is the difference between
Clockworkmod recovery 5.5.0.4 roach-tf101-r2 and this one?
I am not shure which one i had to take.
Kind regards
Gandalf

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I'm running the Team Rouge recovery that read from both internal and external sd.
Just be careful using the new 5.5.0.4 as it read internal only, peoples tends to mistakenly wipe everything only to find out that it doesn't read from the external sd card.

unibombz

Nov 11, 2011
I got my transformer today, rooted it. and installed CWM, however when i go to load into recovery (power + volume down) i get a droid icon with a ! red triangle? any way to fix this ?

TF201 with ICS 4.0.3

also from our of box there was a DMClient error that always pops up, I got the latest ICS update from Asus , but there is no way to install the zip ?

any ideas ?

Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I got my transformer today, rooted it. and installed CWM, however when i go to load into recovery (power + volume down) i get a droid icon with a ! red triangle? any way to fix this ?

TF201 with ICS 4.0.3

also from our of box there was a DMClient error that always pops up, I got the latest ICS update from Asus , but there is no way to install the zip ?

any ideas ?

You have a Transformer Prime.
Probably more help here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1411

BTW Droid with ! and red triangle is stock recovery.

S

sportsstar89

I did use that link, but thanks, there is no info there for my issue, and i dont want to make a new thread because I do not want to be banned

I am just trying to get into CWM recovery, and that is what happends a droid laying down with a ! red triangle, no options or anything... I am trying to get custom cwm installed, but there is no way to that I have found here

what i have tried

I rooted my device successfully. I then went to get CWM and installed it. When i shutoff to device and boot holding power down and power... i get the msg text to hit volume up... once i do that I get a android symbol that is laying down with a RED ! TRANGLE, and it just sits there , not allowing me to get into recovery.

I followed these steps here too....

http://androidroot.mobi/2012/02/22/i...sformer-prime/

but no success.

here is the outcome of the adb session

C:\adb>adb push tfp_CWM5_androidroot.blob /data/local/blobfile
950 KB/s (5439592 bytes in 5.586s)

su
[email protected]:/ # dd if=/data/local/blobfile of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
dd if=/data/local/blobfile of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
10624+1 records in
10624+1 records out
5439592 bytes transferred in 3.153 secs (1725211 bytes/sec)
[email protected]:/ # exit
exit
[email protected]:/ $ exit
exit

So I am not sure what to do to get CWM working

Out of the box also there was a DMClient error, that happens every time you boot the device, i am trying to install the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 Firmware: V9.4.2.15 Only for CN SKU (Android 4.0.3)

I am on 9.4.2.14 , but I can not do that either, is there any help that i can get CWM working and installed properly for this device? thank you

How did any of you get CWM to work in the first place, I can never get into it, and there is no stock.img posted for my device, so i cant even flash to stock to re-try --- i guess this prime might just have to stay out of the box errors and never be able to be updated, i have spent 6 hours trying to get this to work and no luck so far

UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

cbrox

Sep 8, 2011
Florida
I tried the asus unlock device tool and it fails to unlock, so I am out of ideas

Your in the wrong forum thread for this discussion. This is a recovery thread for the original transformers(TF101's) You need to go to prime forum and ask for help in the Q&A thread not the development thread.

Their are a lot of qualified prime users who are willing and able to help you with your issue. You will not get banned for starting a new thread in the Prime Q & A section. XDA is your friend! :)

unibombz

Nov 11, 2011
Your in the wrong forum thread for this discussion. This is a recovery thread for the original transformers(TF101's) You need to go to prime forum and ask for help in the Q&A thread not the development thread.

Their are a lot of qualified prime users who are willing and able to help you with your issue. You will not get banned for starting a new thread in the Prime Q & A section. XDA is your friend! :)

Thank you, yes I think I gave up with this prime, I will try the other thread. The bootloader doesnt work. So I think she is getting returned RMA. Thanks for the responses :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery - Modified for Asus Transformer

OK, so this recovery will skip /data/media (Internal storage) when performing nandroid backups and also when you perform a factory reset.

This means that we can now perform nandroid backups without backing up our internal media and removing it everytime you want to do a backup.

Thanks to Bigrushdog and MadIndustries for helping out with the concept of the solution for skipping /data/media.
    Also thanks to Koush and all the other developers that have contributed to clockworkmod, without you guys the android world would be completely different.
    Thanks also to everyone in #xoom & #transformer that tested this.

The source code for all changes etc are available through the github repository. The two other projects that have been modified to make this recovery possible can also be viewed through my github account.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.

==============================================
    General Notes

When I refer to /data/media, this is the same as /sdcard when the transformer is booted into honeycomb. So any data that is stored in here should be untouched by this recovery.

Nandroid backups and restores don't touch the boot or recovery partitions.

If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard. This will revert to the old way of formatting /data. NOTE: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Versioning of recovery images:
    At the moment I don't have a version number as such, instead each recovery image is timestamped in the format of DDMMYY-HHYY. So the file recovery-solarnz-120511-2030.img was produced on 12 May 2011 at 8:30 PM. This versioning is also shown in recovery when it starts.

Downloads

Recovery Zip (solarnz-R3-240511-1908) FLASHED THROUGH CWM
    MD5: 4470bee75f3318f07ec1eb5ddcee1f96

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
    Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or any other method

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Once it has flashed the zip file, be sure to reboot your transformer so it complete the flashing process.

Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Changelog
    Code:
      [url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/XDA/Transformer/recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip]3.1.0.1 (R3-240511-1908)[/url]
    - Initial release for Asus Transformer
    - Modified to skip /data/media or /sdcard in nandroid backups.
    - Modified formatting /data to remove directories and folders so we can keep media.
    - Place a file called eraseData in the clockworkmod directory on your EXTERNAL sdcard to revert to the normal restoration method.
    ** Reserved **
    Thought I'd give quickboot a try... not working for me. Anyone else use that? It just reboots my device to HC when I do Recovery or Bootloader. Oh well, I'll do it oldskool.
    @ViViDboarder & jtn7040

Neither of these methods will work currently to reboot into recovery. However you can use Quickboot to reboot the TF and hold the Vol Down then press Vol Up to get to recovery.
    Ok, so I have one question, does /data/media get wiped when you wipe data in CWM?

No. /data/media is not wiped when you do a factory reset.

And no you cannot flash this through Rom Manager.