[Recovery] ClockworkMod 3.2.0.0 (R4c) Modded for Internal media [UPDATED 10/6]

Search This thread

screwhead89

Sep 5, 2008
Is it possible to format the internal storage with this recovery? I have this installed but last I tried it did not format :/

Greenblob

Jan 2, 2012
Cranbrook
Please help

I've flashed this successfully, but it can't mount ANYTHING!!! I've tried the "fix permissions" option to no avail. Any ideas please?

hurricanes

Jan 24, 2010
It seems that my data.img has reached the 4GB file size limit for FAT32. It is now 0KB every time I do a nandroid backup. Obviously, I can reduce my apps to work-around this. How are others working around this? It would be cool if this recovery could create rolling files when it reaches the 4GB size (ie. data.001, data.002, etc). With 64 GB of space it is unfortunate to be held to a 4GB limit.

Thanks!

Last edited:

dizzy33

Apr 27, 2007
Hello, since my Xoom has been updated to ICS, clockworkmod now crashes ...
When I launch it, I see the android robot down with a red "!" on it ...
I tried to reload clockworkmod into my Xoom but it didn't solve the problem.
Does anyone know what may be my problem ?

EDIT : I finally installed eos-recovery-r6.img, this one works with my xoom running ICS.

Last edited:

uhs74

Aug 14, 2010
how to upgrade rooted 4.0.3 xoom wifi to 4.0.4

Hello,

I have rooted my XOOM WIFI only with original post in this thread.

now how can i upgrade to 4..0.4 and keep rooted my xoom?

should install again recovery and then installed new rom?
ref: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575393

OR just reboot xoom in recovery and select following file to install from sc card?
update_US-Xoom-WiFi-4.0.4-IMM76_stachre_v01.zip

pinoiryder

Aug 15, 2010
Carson
Hello,

I just flash my xoom with the original post..

I can get only get into Android system recovery..

I can't apply the update.zip ( for CWM)

this is what it says on the screen:

reboot system
apply update from USB drive
wipe date/factory reset
wipe cache partition

anyone can help how i could make this work.

Last edited:

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
error: device not found

I have rooted the Xoom 3G.
I have fastboot installed (I believe...how can I tell?)

I am trying very hard to load the CWM recovery img file only. I have typed in my command window on my win7 pc adb reboot bootloader a zillion times. It ALWAYS comes back with: error: device not found".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the adb drivers 4 times.

I Am getting highly frustrated.

This is a gift for my girlfriend and I was hoping to give it to her with a ROM installed.

pinoiryder

Aug 15, 2010
Carson
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Even it took me several weeks ( noob here) but i learned a lot from this..

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I have rooted the Xoom 3G.
I have fastboot installed (I believe...how can I tell?)

I am trying very hard to load the CWM recovery img file only. I have typed in my command window on my win7 pc adb reboot bootloader a zillion times. It ALWAYS comes back with: error: device not found".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the adb drivers 4 times.

I Am getting highly frustrated.

This is a gift for my girlfriend and I was hoping to give it to her with a ROM installed.

is your device recognized by your computer? check your USB drivers?

marcuso

Apr 25, 2010
more recent CWM-recovery needed ?

Hi,

I have been using this recovery for a while now, but now that CM9 became RC1 I wanted to give it a try.
In the official manual over at CM-wiki it says one should install amore recent version of CWM-recovery: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Motorola_Xoom_(Wi-Fi):_Full_Update_Guide

So the questions are:

a) is this really needed ? Or what could be the issues when using this one here ?

b) If I understand this correct the changes made in this recovery - not to backup contents of "/data/media" (="/mnt/sdcard") are not in the official and most recent version of the CMW-Recovery, right ? .. so If I don´t want to backup stuff I have there (e.g. movies, music, ...) everytime I am backup up the ROM I´ll have to move it away first ?

Thx

EDIT: I just wanted to play and check with the most recent recovery from clockworkmod site and found it does not work at all (can´t access sdcard) - and found that confirmed in a few threads in different forums. I just wonder why CM and CWM are refering to this version then ? Anyway I´ll go back to this version here again.

Last edited:

mcnob

Aug 2, 2010
Suffolk
Is it possible to flash the ZIP through ROM Manager's ROM flashing option or would that be very bad?

Recovery can't currently see the SD Card and I have no immediate access to a PC just now.

neldoreth

May 20, 2008
Elche
I try to flash recovery but nothing happen...

I have a US XOOM Wifi, with original Android 4.1.1. I unlock the xoom using fastboot oem unlock in fastboot, the my tablet wipe all content. After reboot i enter in fastboot again and I do: fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img, i see all OK in xoom. Reboot again and try to enter in recovery... nothing happen i see the open android in the floor, no menu, no recovery. What i am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

airesch

Mar 21, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I try to flash recovery but nothing happen...

I have a US XOOM Wifi, with original Android 4.1.1. I unlock the xoom using fastboot oem unlock in fastboot, the my tablet wipe all content. After reboot i enter in fastboot again and I do: fastboot flash recovery recovery-Tiamat-R4c-100611-1150-cwm.img, i see all OK in xoom. Reboot again and try to enter in recovery... nothing happen i see the open android in the floor, no menu, no recovery. What i am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.
If you let it fully reboot the stock image will overwrite the recovery while it is booting. You need to make sure that after you flash recovery with fastboot and reboot, you get into recovery before the rest of the OS loads. If you aren't letting the OS boot, then not really sure what's going on.

Reactions: robbo10

stingbandel

Nov 23, 2005
If you let it fully reboot the stock image will overwrite the recovery while it is booting. You need to make sure that after you flash recovery with fastboot and reboot, you get into recovery before the rest of the OS loads. If you aren't letting the OS boot, then not really sure what's going on.

how do I get it into recovery before the rest of the OS loads? I have tried to press the volume down and it gets to the page where it says fastboot...

then what else do I need to do?

thanks

ok got it... need to press the volume down immediately to get to the recovery....

Last edited:

twinkyz1979

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
how do I get it into recovery before the rest of the OS loads? I have tried to press the volume down and it gets to the page where it says fastboot...

then what else do I need to do?

thanks

ok got it... need to press the volume down immediately to get to the recovery....

You need to count to 5 when the red logo pops up then hit the down button to get to the recovery choice.

FAR1007

Apr 24, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Unable to mount

Hey this has probly been covered but did not see it. I have a root wifi only xoom. I flashed the Jelly bean build 137, then I updated clockworkmod from 4.0.0.4 to 5.8.3.1 and now I am unable to see or mount the internal card or view updates on my SD card. Any help is much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GR0Ke.png

ClockworkMod Recovery - Modified for Motorola Xoom

OK, so this recovery will skip /data/media (Internal storage) when performing nandroid backups and also when you perform a factory reset.

This means that we can now perform nandroid backups without backing up our internal media and removing it everytime you want to do a backup.

Thanks to Bigrushdog and MadIndustries for helping out with the concept of the solution for skipping /data/media.
    Also thanks to Koush and all the other developers that have contributed to clockworkmod, without you guys the android world would be completely different.
    Thanks also to everyone in #xoom that tested this.

The source code for all changes etc are available through the github repository. The two other projects that have been modified to make this recovery possible can also be viewed through my github account.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.

==============================================
    General Notes

When I refer to /data/media, this is the same as /sdcard when the xoom is booted into honeycomb. So any data that is stored in here should be untouched by this recovery.

If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard. This will revert to the old way of formatting /data. NOTE: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Versioning of recovery images:
    At the moment I don't have a version number as such, instead each recovery image is timestamped in the format of DDMMYY-HHYY. So the file recovery-solarnz-120511-2030.img was produced on 12 May 2011 at 8:30 PM. This versioning is also shown in recovery when it starts.

Downloads

SLOW DOWN AND RELAX
    Make sure you download the correct version depending on how you want to flash. I have seen at least two xooms bricked now because they have tried to flash the zip file through fastboot.

Recovery Zip (solarnz-R4c-100611-1150) FLASHED THROUGH CWM
    MD5: 1ad409db4030635734b27df02b7e7c1a

Recovery Image (solarnz-R4c-100611-1150) FLASHED THROUGH FASTBOOT
    MD5: 20575d4b62bf697f77abca9093877ea3

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
    Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or any other method

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Sit back and relax while recovery flashes the new recovery and reboots into it.
    Method 2 Without CWM
    Download the recovery image (not the zip file)

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-solarnz-XXXXXX-XXXX.img
    fastboot reboot

Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Changelog
    Code:
      [url=http://bit.ly/k7cZxJ]3.2.0.0 (R4c-100611-1150)[/url]
    - Rebuilt recovery, the previous recovery was built off of bad device files.

[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/XDA/Recovery/recovery-solarnz-R4b-060611-1300-cwm.zip]3.2.0.0 (R4b-060611-1300)[/URL]
    - Disabled partitioning the sdcard as per request.

[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/XDA/Recovery/recovery-solarnz-R4-050611-1515-cwm.zip]3.2.0.0 (R4-050611-1515)[/URL]
    - Included changes from koush's sources upto clockworkmod 3.2.0.0
    - Implemented Advanced backup. This allows you to choose what partitions you want to backup.

[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/recovery-solarnz-120511-2030.zip]3.0.2.8 (120511-2030)[/url]
    - Fixed mounting the sdcard for some users

[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/recovery-solarnz-080511-1630.img] 3.0.2.8 (080511-1630)[/URL]:
    - Modified to skip /data/media or /sdcard in nandroid backups.
    - Modified formatting /data to remove directories and folders so we can keep media.
    - Place a file called eraseData in the clockworkmod directory on your EXTERNAL sdcard to revert to the normal restoration method.
    Also try vol up + power.

Then as soon as the screen goes black, hold vol down + vol up at the same time for a cold boot.

This worked for me. Flash new recovery. Reboot and while the screen is black hold the power up and power down. Took me a couple of tries to get my fat fingers on the keys just right.

thanks to solarnz and BWcorvus for the help
    running into a problem. I have a wifi only xoom. I had the old 3.0.2.8 recovery installed which i still had after 3.1 update no problems with it at all. I just flashed the 3.0.2.8 one using fastboot but now when i reboot into recovery. All i see is the android with the exclamation mark i do not see clockwork. I have reflash more then once with no luck still.

Edit: wanted to add that if i flash the clockwork from Rom manger which i see is the version 3.0.2.5 i am able to do a adb reboot recovery into recovery with no problems.

Edit2: for some reason the zip flashing in the old recovery works fine and updated to the new recovery. no clue why fastboot is not working. I tried fastboot 5 times every flash said it finished fine but it boots with a android and a exclamation mark. only the zip flashing in recovery works for me.
    Ok, I'm assuming you are on android 3.1 without a modified kernel.
    The issue you are having is that with the default boot image, it flashes back the stock recovery every single time you reboot.

Code:
    adb shell rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    adb shell rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    (Thanks Berzerker7)
    maybe this is a stupid question, but i dont even see a "media" folder on my xoom. there are folders for music and video. i have my own folder for movies, one for comics, ect. do i have to create a media directory and move everything into it in order to make sure that it doesnt get included? and if so, where does it go?

Ok. on our xooms, /sdcard is actually a symlink (think of a shortcut) to /data/media.
    So when I say /data/media, you can think of /sdcard (the internal storage).
    so these commands do the same thing as if you would do a basic wipe data or even more than that ?

No, not the same. This is just a delete command and not the same as a wipe since it will erase everything in /sdcard and below that only.
    Still experiencing problems.

Flash http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13093938/recovery-solarnz-120511-2030.img through fastboot to the recovery partition. See if that helps.

If not, please come find us in #xoom on freenode.net.