• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5 (1/11/11)

Did this install properly for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

arodey

Jul 4, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
**THE USUAL WARNINGS APPLY**

1/11/11: Updated CWR to 3.0.0.5. Now installs properly through ROM Manager. Nandroid backup works, don't know about restore. Not sure if partition wiping is working I would assume it is. Flashable zips from SD card are working, tested with Quickie OC kernel (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!). Attached the CWR 3.0.0.5 image to this post, it is not a flashable zip just the image file zipped. So we have some real progress. w00t!!!

1/2/11: Looks like CWR has been released for NC. I didn't see it up see here you go. Easiest way to get it installed is by downloading ROM Manager in the market and flashing it through the apk. Attached is the .zip, I believe you just rename it "update.zip" and put it on the root of your SD card. Then reboot into recovery. Again your best bet is to use ROM Manager. Link to website: http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html

Attachments

• ROM_Manager.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 21,016
  • recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-nookcolor.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 49,205
Last edited:

Syco54645

Jun 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
splra.org
Not ready for prime time yet. You need to install uRecRam to use it. give it a day put so for out to be automated. At least that is where it was last night when I went to sleep.

Sent from my rooted droid x

Mistar Muffin

Aug 11, 2009
Here are the steps to actually making this work if you are the adventurous type. This may brick your device blah blah. I am not responsible, etc. You should only attempt this if you genuinely understand the commands you are performing.

Make sure neither /media or /sdcard are mounted in your OS!

Save this:
http://koush.tandtgaming.com/test/clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam

adb push clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam /media/
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
mkdir /system/boot/
mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system/boot
cat /system/boot/uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam.bak
cat /media/clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam
umount /system/boot
rmdir /system/boot

Now do the three fingered salute to get into CWM Recovery. VolUp/Down are up/down, respectively. The Nook/home button is Select and the power button is Back.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Great job,

I tried to compile a scrip with the following but it doesn't work if i put it in a batch file but it works if I run it from DOS. Go figure...

Code:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb shell mkdir /system/boot/
adb shell mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system/boot
adb shell "cat /system/boot/uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam.bak"
adb shell "cat /media/clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam"
adb shell umount /system/boot
adb shell rmdir /system/boot

I will work on the batch for the community to run so it make it easy for noobs...no ETA

Last edited:
Reactions: arodey

BertoJG

Aug 9, 2010
Yes you will loose that ability in it's current state.

I do not recommend using this until it has the capability to backup all of your data. At this point an error can still leave you with no return path, you have been warned!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **THE USUAL WARNINGS APPLY**

1/11/11: Updated CWR to 3.0.0.5. Now installs properly through ROM Manager. Nandroid backup works, don't know about restore. Not sure if partition wiping is working I would assume it is. Flashable zips from SD card are working, tested with Quickie OC kernel (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!). Attached the CWR 3.0.0.5 image to this post, it is not a flashable zip just the image file zipped. So we have some real progress. w00t!!!

1/2/11: Looks like CWR has been released for NC. I didn't see it up see here you go. Easiest way to get it installed is by downloading ROM Manager in the market and flashing it through the apk. Attached is the .zip, I believe you just rename it "update.zip" and put it on the root of your SD card. Then reboot into recovery. Again your best bet is to use ROM Manager. Link to website: http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockwork-recovery-image.html
    Here are the steps to actually making this work if you are the adventurous type. This may brick your device blah blah. I am not responsible, etc. You should only attempt this if you genuinely understand the commands you are performing.

Make sure neither /media or /sdcard are mounted in your OS!

Save this:
    http://koush.tandtgaming.com/test/clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
    mkdir /system/boot/
    mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system/boot
    cat /system/boot/uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam.bak
    cat /media/clockwork-b3-nook-uRecRam > /system/boot/uRecRam
    umount /system/boot
    rmdir /system/boot

Now do the three fingered salute to get into CWM Recovery. VolUp/Down are up/down, respectively. The Nook/home button is Select and the power button is Back.
    For those having trouble restoring their Nook after having installed CW recovery, although the subject has been thoroughly discussed in this thread, here is complete explanation of what to do:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10599116&postcount=14

Feel free to comment.

Sam
    Yes you will loose that ability in it's current state.

I do not recommend using this until it has the capability to backup all of your data. At this point an error can still leave you with no return path, you have been warned!

Here's the boot partition. What you can do if your nook dosen't boot anymore, your nandroid won't flash and you need the initial recovery back:

Boot on nookie from sdcard, mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 to any newly created folder on your nookie partition. Push the above boot files to it by replacing the old ones (mainly uRecRam) then use this command to force restore on boot:
    echo -n -e "\x08\x00\x00\x00" > /rom/devconf/BootCnt

Then reboot (with "reboot" command). Should restore to stock (you should see a screen with Installation process after first splash).
    Then reboot by holding down power button (keep it down) fractions after volume up (keep it down) then fractions after n button ( keep it down) wait until the factory reset shows up.

You need to do both (very different) resets.

Hope it helps for those who cannot boot anymore and who have CW installed, thus cannot access initial restore function.

Don't hesitate with questions..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App