[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 WORKING!

Search This thread

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
Hi everyone, I have fixed the latest CM Recovery, files are attached below,

Thanks to defer from #teamdesire @freenode.

Download and flash with fastboot,

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

There is also an alternative version which may work for people who get the black screen, please try the alternative version if the first one doesnt work :)

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 31,836
  • IMG_20100814_160235.jpg
    IMG_20100814_160235.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9,369
  • recovery.alt.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 17,204
Last edited:
Reactions: Abdullahkmcite

be_vigilant

Dec 23, 2006
Wakefield
I tried to install this. All looked to be written OK.

I hold down vol up\down and power on.

The basic recovery menu appears. I select option 2. The screen now just goes black and I have to remove battery to get back into android. Do I actually need a file on the SD card for the CM menu to be displayed?

UK unlocked streak direct from dell - BB=00 - Rom= 4399

Thanks

Last edited:

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
I tried to install this. All looked to be written OK.

I hold down vol up\down and power on.

The basic recovery menu appears. I select option 2. The screen now just goes black and I have to remove battery to get back into android. Do I actually need a file on the SD card for the CM menu to be displayed?

UK unlocked streak direct from dell - BB=00 - Rom= 4399

Thanks

No but you may need the alternative recovery I made, try that one instead.

be_vigilant

Dec 23, 2006
Wakefield
Thanks for the quick response.

However I still get a black screen using the alt too.

When I flash 1.8.1.7 that loads up OK and I get the CM menu

I just get a black screen with both your fixed and alt versions. :(

I guess it works for some though. Thanks again mate.

Last edited:

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
first one works for me with the 2.1 rom
I did get black screen then I pressed volume key and power button..
if I pressed the power button while in the menu I got the black screen again, so repeated the volume then power to get the menu back

so if you get black screen try volume up or down and then power button,

of course the clockwork recovery is a great way of clearing the cache :D

uvz

Feb 15, 2007
Milano
pressing all the button (no camera button) you get blank screen
re-pressing all the button the screen reappears
but, me too, with a sim free 00 Streak, I can't do anythings, no menu, no update, nothings:confused:

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
The 2 kernels I have available for recovery are for baseband 21, I would need a dump of stock recovery or boot image from 00 devices to get it working on other devices.

alfri

Apr 26, 2006
rome

Code:

There is also an alternative version which may work for people who get the black screen, please try the alternative version if the first one doesnt work :)

I dont understand what do it?When i must use it.

kwaaq

Nov 26, 2007
Hmm...

Been working with a trashed recovery partition for a few days.. No biggy, tried pulling off what was on recovery_1 and placing it on etc.. No luck..

But yeah, the first image did work for me (though nandroid failed, my filesystem is pretty trashed.) Do a bit of screwing around replacing files in the system directory and kill my system. I'd already 'fixed' the failed nandroid backup, so I go to restore it, only to see the standard recovery has somehow resurrected itself and clockwork was no longer on.

Magic I tell you.

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
Hmm...

Been working with a trashed recovery partition for a few days.. No biggy, tried pulling off what was on recovery_1 and placing it on etc.. No luck..

But yeah, the first image did work for me (though nandroid failed, my filesystem is pretty trashed.) Do a bit of screwing around replacing files in the system directory and kill my system. I'd already 'fixed' the failed nandroid backup, so I go to restore it, only to see the standard recovery has somehow resurrected itself and clockwork was no longer on.

Magic I tell you.

Nandroid only fails because of the path to /data, I should be able to fix this.

cemian

Dec 8, 2009
how to make a stock recovery image?

Hi I was just wondering how do we go about making a dump of our stock recovery images? Would be nice to be able to backup and restore back to stock if something goes wrong. I have a US streak with BB=31 and Build 6601

The 2 kernels I have available for recovery are for baseband 21, I would need a dump of stock recovery or boot image from 00 devices to get it working on other devices.

AdamG

Jun 14, 2007
Hi I was just wondering how do we go about making a dump of our stock recovery images? Would be nice to be able to backup and restore back to stock if something goes wrong. I have a US streak with BB=31 and Build 6601

Enable development, so you can run adb, then in adb shell type the following

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/recovery.dump

zip the file and upload it here so I can repack it :)

cemian

Dec 8, 2009
No mtd1 folder

The command failed saying no such directory...I looked myself and confirmed there is a mtd folder but nothing inside... No mtd1 Folder exists...hmmm

Enable development, so you can run adb, then in adb shell type the following

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/recovery.dump

zip the file and upload it here so I can repack it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Found the right version for stock 1.6 with baseband

If anybody tried to use the recovery*.img attached in the thread and still got blank screen, I have a solution. The file below is the ClockWorkMod version 1.8.1.7 which works for me. Good luck!

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.php?url=paul/streak/1.8.1.7-streak-clockworkrecovery.zip
    hi, i have flash this recovery but thisn't work... when i press the volumey key start the stock recovery always!! i have flashed by fastboot...
    i try to install by rom manager but isn't work
    Sorry for my english

Did you mean the first screen after you hold the volume buttons? The next step I think is to choose the 2nd option which "update pkg via SD Card" selecting that option (using the camera button) boots to Clockwork.